• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Battles - Double click for move and skip.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
During battle assign the double click to move and skip turn.

Details:
Currently to reposition ranged units without committing attack, we have to: click to move it, wait for it to get there and click again to skip turn. I want the move/skip combined into a single action activated by double click.

Reason:
I want to skip the waiting and have one single action for this, this will speed up the battles.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a +1 for this

I can see how people who fight allot in-game will make good use of this action. Though i have only 1000 fights myself in 1 year of playing FoE

DeletedUser9070

-1 from me, I tend to double click alot by mistake as Im not as accurate as I used to be with my sight being severely reduced, I already happen to skip turns unintentionally as it is so this would be very bad for me.

Also my mouse likes to double click, Im sure Im not the only one with mouse issues.

DeletedUser

a +1 for this

I can see how people who fight allot in-game will make good use of this action. Though i have only 1000 fights myself in 1 year of playing FoE
I fought less than you do, by far ;) yet this is one of the 3 things I found annoying during battles, that I wish that it would be addressed.

The other two are: Unit information popup obscuring the selected unit and having to count the archers range instead of its being shown like the move range.

-1 from me, I tend to double click alot by mistake as Im not as accurate as I used to be with my sight being severely reduced, I already happen to skip turns unintentionally as it is so this would be very bad for me.

Also my mouse likes to double click, Im sure Im not the only one with mouse issues.
I suppose we can ask to use the middle mouse instead of double click? Also if your mouse likes to click that one as well, you might like a new mouse ;)

DeletedUser

This would only save you half a second at most, as currently you can reproduce this functionality by clicking a square, waiting for the unit to move over, and clicking again. If movement speed is set to fastest, this is near enough to instantaneous already. Even if this double click option were in place, you would have to wait for the unit to walk over anyway.

While the benefit would be tiny, I can see people accidently double clicking and getting frustrated pretty easily. Also as Xerk mentioned above, I too have had a mouse that liked to randomly double click when clicked just once.

DeletedUser

I recently tried this, so I know it works and it works great. Unfortunately it was not a new feature I discovered, it stopped working after the usual crush. Ever since I am annoyed that is not a basic feature, I guess it's one of those things that you can't appreciate until you tried it...

As for your concerns. Hardware issues on your side are irrelevant. As for people getting frustrated with unintentionally skipping turns, this is true for the current system as well. People will miss clicking with or without this feature, so there is nothing I can do about trigger happy people. Besides, this is not really a concern as I already suggested an alternative mouse button, to avoid confusion.

ETA: This is most useful in the first couple of rounds, when you need to quickly reposition. So even if it's just half second per unit as you suggest, when you look at all units it quickly amounts to more wasted time each round.