• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Battle replays for attacker

• Thread starter DeletedUser5647
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5647

Proposal:
I would like to be able to replay any PvP attacks I have made so I can examine my own strategy which is effectively made up in the heat of battle.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Yes

Reason:
As one of the philosophies of the game is strategy development I see the ability to examine, reflect upon and improve strategy to be an integral part of the game.

Details:
It is clear that the battle reports are already stored on the servers so that they can be replayed from the Events window when someone attacks you. If this information is already available then it should be quite straightforward to add a new section to the News tab for your battles in the same way a new section has recently been added for Great Building participation.

Visual Aids:
FoE News tab Battle suggestion.jpg
FoE Battle section.jpg

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
There should be no balance issues as this would be a simple replay available for the attacker which the defender already has access to. It cannot be abused as it is just a replay. The only advantage I can see that an attacker gains is to refresh their memory of which units the defender previously used. However, any good PvPer will make notes and compare with the defender's military buildings anyway so nothing changes there.

Pteropto

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7137

When the battle replay button was first introduced, there were a lot of players complaining about it. I'm sure this will get the same attention too. But I like it because sometimes when I used auto-battle and clicked on the result buttons, I see my units get injured where they should not have in the first place. Having this feature could make it easier to replay those battles.

+1

DeletedUser7719

+1, but I really thought once the GB tab came out, tabs like this, trades, motivating/polishing, and guild events were all going to come up on seperate tabs

DeletedUser8813

[size=+2]+1[/size]

yes i like this ,good to check if you could have done it a little better

DeletedUser5647

As a slight adjustment to the idea, the suggested new tab could have all battles in it including the map battles and those where a neighbour has attacked you.

DeletedUser5521

+1 ! I think is very good idea to know who you have attacked, and what was the result ....especially when you make about 7-8 attacks per day

DeletedUser

@Pteropto, I belive your proposal can be broken down into this:
1. Add event entries with replays for your attacks, on top of the current ones for when you are attacked.
2. To avoid clutter in the event history, separate battle history into its own list.

IMO #2 can be achieved better by using filters as I suggested here.

DeletedUser65

+1 from me great idea, it will help new less experienced players see how to conquer a specific province/enemy etc..

DeletedUser

Today I see that one my unattached Jaeger is missed. To find how it's happend I need replays of my attacks and list of all deletion of my units.
So, I suggest - put in Event History list all attacks replays plust deletion on units.

DeletedUser6461

+1 from me too :)

It will be helping all those PVP oriented players to sharpen their skills, have more in-depth knowledge about the intricacies of the battling system and put more liveliness in to the military aspects of this game. But we may need 80 battle replies to replicate all the current/previous day battles.

DeletedUser

It will be helping all those PVP oriented players to sharpen their skills, have more in-depth knowledge about the intricacies of the battling system and put more liveliness in to the military aspects of this game.
It will also offer a quick history of the defenses the defender used.

DeletedUser

+1 ! I think is very good idea to know who you have attacked, and what was the result ....especially when you make about 7-8 attacks per day

Try around 50-60 per day then remember what you did in 1 battle +1 for me

DeletedUser

+1 this is a great idea and would help alot of people with improving their strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.