• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

(Battle) Remove own city shield when attacking neighbors

good idea ?

• yes

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • no

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser115071

So you want a real life example now... so you don't call players cowards, you do understand that this game is FICTIONAL?
Please man... Just accept it and move on, you want to cut out on so many players the ability as Agent says to participate in PvP but can't defend themselves or can collect on time cause of RL problems... The purpose of the game is to have fun, not what you want all the time...

And I can give you examples of fictional movies, comics, tv series, games and so on who have this functionality too... And I am sure you know plenty.

So chill back and accept it as a feature that costs a lot of silvers.

DeletedUser100133

Hello

Could you please stick to the topic and do not insult each other and stay positive, as you can see any comments that breaches the rules will be edited or deleted.

Thank you

DeletedUser99438

May as well rid PvP as opposed to implement this, will have the same effect in the end.

Vesiger

Monarch
May as well rid PvP as opposed to implement this, will have the same effect in the end.
I don't see why - this was the default setting for attacking in PvP before the shield was introduced (and at that time people were saying that having a shield at all was going to kill PvP...)

DeletedUser99588

I don't like city shields and don't use them. However, the developers added it to the game to try and appease those who don't like their cities being attacked and plundered and obviously believe it helps balance PvP. So if a player has paid for a city shield then they should get it. There is already a penalty in place that you can't activate other tavern boosts during it without spending diamonds. The fact that some players use it tactically should be lauded not criticised. I'm all for the use of strategy in this game.

I had one particular player who I had plundered on and off for the best part of two weeks attack me, plunder a sunken treasure (1fp) and then activate city shield. This happened 24hrs before hood change and was not part of my new hood come Monday morning. Rather than being annoyed I was glad to see someone putting a bit of thought into their actions. It was a minor victory for them but I'm sure a sweet one.

So -1 to the current suggestion.

If someone suggested a tavern boost to break through a city shield then I may well give it a thumbs up. Lets see how much silver someone is willing to pay to be able to attack shielded cities. Maybe twice the cost in silver than the player has paid for their shield.

Galladhorn

Monarch
this contradicts your current way of thinking
it also makes the game easier

should a police officer have to take off their bullet proof vest in order to shoot a criminal - i guess you would call the cops cowards for hiding behind a vest ?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A bullet proof west only portects a part of the body – You can still be shot – So it would be more like activating a Defense modifier.

DeletedUser99588

there is also a reward in place
you can't get the DC condition to activate 3 boosts

:rolleyes:

smart people think ahead

why should they need a second boost ?
DC: not needed
event: think ahead

so why ?

Smart people should be encouraged not punished and if they go to the effort of organising their time so it all falls into place for them then they deserve the benefits.

DeletedUser96901

Smart people should be encouraged not punished and if they go to the effort of organising their time so it all falls into place for them then they deserve the benefits.
smart people should be encouraged to attack back not punished with not being able to do anything

posting an idea to change things you don't like is also smart :P

and hide behind a city shield is not smart. it is cowardliness

smart would be:
change the defense regularly that the attacker will not win every time
set traps so the plunderer will get 5 minute supplies from laboratory / magnum opus

so hide behind a city shield isn't smart: it is not only cowardliness but also stupidity because the plunderer doesn't know how to handle attacks

DeletedUser99588

smart people should be encouraged to attack back not punished with not being able to do anything

posting an idea to change things you don't like is also smart :P

and hide behind a city shield is not smart. it is cowardliness

smart would be:
change the defense regularly that the attacker will not win every time
set traps so the plunderer will get 5 minute supplies from laboratory / magnum opus

so hide behind a city shield isn't smart: it is not only cowardliness but also stupidity because the plunderer doesn't know how to handle attacks

Really, your calling people who are playing a game cowards? Why are they cowards because they are using an element of the game provided by the game designers? Calling them cowards holds as much merit as calling those with stronger attacking abilities cowards for attacking those with a weaker line up. The tavern purchases are there to be used to benefit the player. Some use them more wisely than others which always tends to bring some complaints.

If what they are doing is so easy then adapt and do the same or find an even better strategy.