• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

(Battle) Remove own city shield when attacking neighbors

good idea ?

• yes

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • no

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser113110

If the best you can do is have a couple of spear chuckers as a defence you should not be allowed to play this game.
Agreed, though the players who used ONLY ONE ROUGE FOR DEFENSE AND NOTHING ELSE should not be allowed either.

DeletedUser114875

The idea has merit.

I would like to see "Attacking from behind a sheild will cause the sheild to be dropped. The sheild should not be enabled again for 24 hours".

Essentially if you are brave enough to attack you should be brave enough to defend and accept the consequences of your actions.

Regards,

Barron Munster. another 2 cents worth.

Emberguard

Legend
Actually this would be a huge advantage when it comes to completing quests without using a ton of diamonds from already having a tavern boost activated.....

DeletedUser96901

should a police officer have to take off their bullet proof vest in order to shoot a criminal
should a olice officer be allowed to shoot at somebody without a weapon ?

i guess you would call the cops cowards for hiding behind a vest ?
first: he people still can shot at other parts of his body
second: there are cop killer weapons where the vest is useless

can I have a city shield killer weapon please :lol:

btw a terrible comparison:
a vest in the game would be additional defense boost
because it makes the opponent more difficult but not impossible

or is it impossible to shot at a cop with a vest ?

it also makes the game easier
really ?
how can attack somebody be easier than not attack him ?

DeletedUser15986

If a player wants to protect their city behind a shield, let them. If they want to attack other players, that's fine. Keep the shield in place for attacks, but drop it if the player plunders.

DeletedUser115071

Instead of saying players are cowards... because they attack you behind a city wall, your suggestion could be that if there is a city wall they SHOULDN'T be able to fight at all... Not to be removed...

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Instead of saying players are cowards... because they attack you behind a city wall, your suggestion could be that if there is a city wall they SHOULDN'T be able to fight at all... Not to be removed...
That is quite cruel. Maybe they can't plunder when they have a city shield active.

DeletedUser115071

Cruel or not, I am just saying what his title and suggestion should be... Accusing someone of being a coward just because he has city shields and is attacking you is cruel, it's just a smart strategy for people maybe that go out a lot that week and like/love to plunder.

DeletedUser96901

Accusing someone of being a coward just because he has city shields
that is the perfect definition of coward to me

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/coward
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.

so does someone behind a city shields has the courage in facing the opponent fight back ?
short answer: no

makes him a coward

it's just a smart strategy
trying to change things is also a smart strategy :rolleyes:

btw
a really smart strategy is letting people plunder 5 minute supply productions in Rosarium, Labratory or Magnum Opus :lol:

DeletedUser15986

that is the perfect definition of coward to me

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/coward

so does someone behind a city shields has the courage in facing the opponent fight back ?
short answer: no

makes him a coward

An attacker going up against a defending force is also facing no danger, difficulty, opposition, pain... The defending AI is braindead, the attacker usually has an overwhelming advantage, and even when it looks like they might lose they can just retreat. Either both sides are cowards, or neither are.

DeletedUser115071

I am sorry I am taking this more off-topic but you know you are calling on people with shields cowards and try to make it they are the cowards in your and others eyes when it's untrue and is based on no actual evidence supporting it?
You know people don't sit 24/7 and go to vacations and this is one of the reasons there is a city shield... Also they way I see it he pays for some defensive mechanism to protect his city, not because he is a coward, but because he takes precatuions of not getting plundered.

This is a game, you can't face cowards and brave people, you can see people using strategy, using their resourses wisely and those who don't.

Also this is particulary in violation with some rules probably and game mechanics. Inno doesn't want you to "cancel" your tavern boost and it was discussed in other topics here I am pretty sure, we don't want that, this is why I told the suggestion is wrong and I might have supported it or not if it was done in my way.

This thread TBH should be long locked also, but this is my opinion, the mods can have their time to shine.

DeletedUser115071

There is nothing wrong with that... I am gonna pump up my example.

Do these gentleman look like cowards to you?

ballistic-shield-police.jpg

Are they playing unfair towards the other party?

DeletedUser96901

There is nothing wrong with that... I am gonna pump up my example.

Do these gentleman look like cowards to you?

ballistic-shield-police.jpg

Are they playing unfair towards the other party?
does that prevent from other attacking them ?
nope. it can still be shot at them and they can die

that in this game would be a defense boost
make it harder but not impossible

because if those police men would have a city shield nobody could attack them

so please stop wasting my time until you have an example with a real equivalent to a city shield in real city