• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Proposal for a New Way to Defend Cities Against Massive Rogue Attacks

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser113033

+1
great idea..needs some polishing obviously, but great indeed...

don't know how it can be done, but we should be able to defend ourselves, manually, if online in the time of attack....
"like a game of chess"
and it should be implemented for all attacks - not just 7rogues+1....
watching my heavies going into bushes and light units "hiding" on plains, after massacre, makes me wanna cry...

when the siren starts - we have a certain amount of time (seconds, so it's impossible to boost def somehow) to choose if we wanna play def manually, or not....
just still don't know if it would be ok to see the att army and be able to set def accordingly, or not....

if we could brainstorm it further and polish it to everybody's satisfaction, this idea would bring a lot more fun to already great game

DeletedUser113127

The problem here is when an army is made up almost entirely of rogues, simple solution is to limit number of rogues to say 4.
No need to change AI and will give the defending army a chance if it's decent enough.
Will be more challenging for attackers and defenders, so a better game experience all round.

Job done.....

DeletedUser99438

How will this work during GvG battles? If one is taken to a PvP battle in the middle of GvG ... doesn't that open up the player to abuse. For example, at one time, if you were aided during an active GvG battle, it would often cause you to crash, enemy players in your hood/friends lists used to aid while you were attacking sectors, so you might crash. That's fortunately fixed .... this will create a worse scenario

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115071

That means players need to stop with autobattles button and players did really fight for that button to happen.

DeletedUser99438

This is unlikely to play out like you guys think because a PvP battle isn't exactly like a game of chess. Fair enough in the lower eras the troops are slow enough to employ some level of strategy, but in the higher eras, not so much. It'd have to be blind too, so you won't know the troops you go up against and still may not be able to win out the army if you choose the wrong set of troops, if you get the wrong terrain on top lol .... it's a game of luck! Defense/offensive bonus' still come into play, if you have the wrong balance, it won't matter what troops you bring in or what moves you make, or how many bushes you can find to hide in, you'll still lose. The AI is a bit daft, I'll give you that but doing it yourself is only going to make a slight difference. There's far more complicated strategy involved in chess, with a lot more moves to employ, a PvP battle isn't designed to work out this way.

As for sirens, there's really enough noise in the world already.

I can imagine the mass of complaints already, should they implement this ....

And one more thing... what if your opponent doesn't want to play a manual battle? Who has the right the choose? What happens then?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111949

We need auto plunder kit. In this way people will care more about defending their city.

DeletedUser720

not a viable option. too many changes required, and not well enough defined.

DeletedUser108359

i love this idea I've been attacked AND plundered whilst online and that's adding insult to injury . .

-1 - just in case I forgot to do it here - already voted no up top
WARM - LOL - as in being voted into the trash can - I hope.

DeletedUser108359

when the siren starts - we have a certain amount of time (seconds, so it's impossible to boost def somehow) to choose if we wanna play def manually, or not....
just still don't know if it would be ok to see the att army and be able to set def accordingly, or not...

I think a pop up should show in middle of the screen. Perhaps showing " You are under attack, do you wish to defend? With a yes or no button. 'Yes' you go immediately to battle screen. 'No' pop up closes and battle takes place as it normally would.

Shad23

Emperor
I think a pop up should show in middle of the screen. Perhaps showing " You are under attack, do you wish to defend? With a yes or no button. 'Yes' you go immediately to battle screen. 'No' pop up closes and battle takes place as it normally would.
what do you do with auto batle wich gives emadiate response on who wins ?

DeletedUser108359

what do you do with auto batle wich gives emadiate response on who wins ?

the attacker would still have the choice whether to fight manually or auto. he would perhaps get a pop up saying the defender has accepted the challenge and how does he wish to fight ? He could then click on Auto Manual Or Retreat. ( The retreat would cause no losses or penalties, but he would not be able to attack the same player for 24 hrs. )
If however the defender declines to fight manually then the fight would be as normal.

I think this would add an interesting new element to the game, obviously there would be those who disagree, BUT, this would only take place if Both players were online. ( the odds of this arent very great, but people might start paying more attention to the habits of their enemies.

DeletedUser6065

I am frankly surprised that none of the 'Old Guard' has chipped in yet to point out that this was suggested, oh I don't know, several eons ago.
The idea was dealt a mercifully swift death, led by probably the greatest moderator we have ever had - ByeOrDie.
. . . mk
P.S. Feeding your Rogues steroids will result in heavy fines/suspension by the sports body governing Rogues, Care/Usage/Feeding Of.