• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Proposal for a New Way to Defend Cities Against Massive Rogue Attacks

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser110195

Do champions really use a different AI from all other units?
Yep, I've watched them hit my real unit enough times that I remembered it...drummers and color guards do too but they don't stay relevant much past EMA.

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

I am happy that someone brought this idea up. Was thinking about the same thing a little while ago but never got to it.
It might give the Devs a few headaches, since this would be a very big step towards Player vs Player battle - but it is somehow it is the only real big thing missing in the FoE game and I am not talking balance issues, fixes whatever etc. - Just the functionality to be able to play directly against another player.

In my eyes such functionlity would be a real up thing for FoE and if it was only working as suggested then at least some pressure would be on the system, since it would still only be innitiated by the attacking part. But there are a few things that might be hard to fix such as the stats balance, players with far higher stats in the hood vs players at the low end of the hood - Surely the defence would not exactly be a balanced one - Never the less it would be more balanced than the default auto moode that is applied as game is now, so as idea it is a +1 for me.

I am not sure (becasue I dont know) why this would cause more problems than the GvG part of the game, where mutiple players attack and the server uptime is in fact unfluencing the game. With this defense functionality it would still be turnbased, and naturally it would have to have some time limiter on, so that a defending player could not stall it out - Timers runs out and the game is won by the attacker...Well there would be some deev challenges but there always is.

And I am sure it would be quite fun too; Ups! Ohh crap he is defending and I got all these Rouges arrrgh. Also finally some disputes between the hard end of the Players could be settled a bit player to player and not only in GvG.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes, they do. I have watched special units run past un-turned rogues to hit real units or turned rogues.

The only one that doesn't is another rogue.

No they don't, or do you really believe there are 2 AI's working on every map? :rolleyes:

They use the same AI, where the Champion has been programmed to perform a different action than the other units.

DeletedUser110195

No they don't, or do you really believe there are 2 AI's working on every map? :rolleyes:

They use the same AI, where the Champion has been programmed to perform a different action than the other units.
I never said they use a different AI but champions, drummers and color guards will attack non-rogue units first, whether they are turned rogues or not. Arguing semantics doesn't change this, and that is all I meant, all, I'm sure, Vesiger was asking...confirmation that champions behave differently than regular units.

Agent327

Overlord
I never said they use a different AI but champions, drummers and color guards will attack non-rogue units first, whether they are turned rogues or not. Arguing semantics doesn't change this, and that is all I meant, all, I'm sure, Vesiger was asking...confirmation that champions behave differently than regular units.

No , you didn't, but I respond to the question "Do champions really use a different AI from all other units?" with "No", which is the right answer. After that you feel the need to correct me, cause you say "Yes, they do" and with that you are wrong.

-1 of course, Just more sour-grapes from people who don't wish to put in the effort required to (or they don't have the strategic know-how) to properly build their city!

DeletedUser110195

-1 of course, Just more sour-grapes from people who don't wish to put in the effort required to (or they don't have the strategic know-how) to properly build their city!
What possible relevance is there in how someone builds their city, to how to defend against 7 rogues and 1 regular unit? Apart from the defensive GBs, which are still outclassed by the offensive GBs, there is NOTHING in city building that relates to this.

Please try and make sense next time.

Emberguard

Legend
It's not the defensive player who is initiating the battle, so the onus is on the attacker to make good or surrender. When the battle is over the defensive army is completely regenerated whether the robot or the player had controlled the defence.
If the player chooses to defend their city manually, then BOTH players have made a choice in initiating the battle to be manual.

If you're going to control your troops, then I'd like to see the defending army retain the damage and require regeneration time even if they can't lose their troops.

It's the onus of BOTH players to make good or surrender. You've chosen to control your troops in defence. As a added point to your idea, show us what we'll be defending against when asking to take over so it doesn't waste either sides time

There is one thing though..... will this be able to defend against someone who clicked "auto battle" when assigning troops as opposed to "attack" and then deciding once in the fight to auto it?

DeletedUser110195

There is one thing though..... will this be able to defend against someone who clicked "auto battle" when assigning troops as opposed to "attack" and then deciding once in the fight to auto it?
That would be an interesting reversal...the attacker being at a huge disadvantage thanks to their army being controlled by the AI vs a DA controlled by a player. I wonder how many 7 rogue 1 regular people would get stung by such a change in the first days.

DeletedUser105078

It's an interesting idea but would only work for full-time players, not for people with jobs or other RL committments.

Another solution, which must have been mentioned elsewhere, would be to apply the same AI to PvP as is currently used on the Continent Map, where attacking rogues are given low priority by the defending AI.

DeletedUser111299

+1
The AI on the continent map is better in handle Rogue attacks (not good, but better). If that one was used it would be an improvement for the home defense

DeletedUser105579

+1. I'd suggest that a popup appears on mobile devices for those travelling players: they get 30 seconds to take the helm; they are given 30 seconds a move

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
This will never work since they introduced the stupid Auto Battle that stuffs up the fun in fighting, auto fighting should be removed