• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: [Battle] new unit for tactical fighting

DeletedUser110695

PROPOSAL:
new unit - Red Rogue, a unit that could be trained in a new training building

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE IDEA SECTION FOR THE SAME IDEA?
not found anything similar

REASON:
to attract more players to the fighting aspect of the game, to make fighting more tactical both in defence and attack.

DETAILS:
this unit would be recruited from your pool of attached rogues, there could be 8 available spaces and with each picture having a different picture in some way, in order that they could be recognized individually as units and maybe later given more individual abilities.
They would be units that could advance through levels (as units do with the harbor) with levels providing advance in attack bonus in defence and attack when both defending attacking, the ability to choose at the time of being hit what it transfers into (regardless as to whether the unit is there or not), and further options to maybe allow you to have it change into a unit that is on the opposition side and then perhaps an advanced era (next era) unit.
spaces 6-8 could require diamonds, with the further cost of diamonds again if more than 5 are out at the same time, the idea being that these units are to be tactical and that in attack only 1 could be selected at a time and in defence 2, this would also help balance the advantage an attacker with 7 rogues has in attacking. I would also say so that it is clear any strength would only apply to this unit and other units would not transfer into it as it would be a rogue in itself.

VISUAL AIDS:
a new training building with animations (which military buildings don't currently give)

BALANCE:
this would help strengthen the balance for both the attacker and the defender.

ABUSE PREVENTION:
With these new units not being produced in a military building, would mean that every player, could have the same number available and bigger players (more advanced) wouldnt be able to take advantage of it.

SUMMARY:
this could increase the number of diamonds purchase to help Inno, whilst making attacking/defending more tactical and if you had the units go back to level 0 when killed then they would be used more carefully by players not to win a war (with a restriction of 1 helping prevent this) but would mean it is just a good unit to help in tactical play

DeletedUser

i dont fully get your idea so, i'm on whichever the majority votes.

DeletedUser110195

i dont fully get your idea so, i'm on whichever the majority votes.
I think he's suggesting a rogue which will gain levels, giving it new skills and attack/defense bonuses that apply when it's both part of an attacking army and a defending army, as well as the ability for you to choose what it becomes, without any regular unit needing to be in the army, essentially doing away with the weakness that balances out rogues. I find the idea overpowered. -1

DeletedUser

I think he's suggesting a rogue which will gain levels, giving it new skills and attack/defense bonuses that apply when it's both part of an attacking army and a defending army, as well as the ability for you to choose what it becomes, without any regular unit needing to be in the army, essentially doing away with the weakness that balances out rogues. I find the idea overpowered. -1
Oh right yeah I agree 1 rogue type is enough -1

DeletedUser110695

I disagree with the view that 8 units that could be available in the city as overpowering, when I also suggested that only '1' could be used in combat at any time. I do not mind having an idea rated negative, as part of me did expect it, but to suggest that the idea of having 1 unit used in combat at any time would be overpowering doesn't seem that fair. I enjoy the fighting part of the game, but as far as special units go the only one out of the three that I see which gets used are rogues. If every player has the same number then I do not see how there could be an unfair advantage to any player and 1 rogue unit could not win a battle, if anything I feel it would make defending a lot fairer. To defend with rogues normally wouldn't be the most sensible thing in my mind. I feel that I was recommending an idea that would help balance out the attacker and defender.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97688

I like the idea of military units progressing as the harbour characters do, and the idea of a "red rogue" is funny - +1

DeletedUser99889

To defend with rogues normally wouldn't be the most sensible thing in my mind.
A human player attaking would leave rogues for the end, so they don't have what to change into.
"The ability to choose at the time of being hit what it transfers into", is up to AI.
If the attacker is more advanced, and the defending rogue turns into one of the advanced attacker units, THAT would help balance the invincible 7 rogue attack.
There you have a whole new idea!

DeletedUser108047

I wanted to get a black ninja rogue as part of the cherry set... with super stealth, and superb hit skills but no armour

Galladhorn

Monarch
Neutral

Somehow it points towards a Hero/Veteran Unit System which indeed could be interesting, but will need a lot of detailing and balance adjustments.