• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Battle Music

DeletedUser

Is there a way to get the file for the battle music used in the game?
I think it's excellent and wouldn't mind having it on the background for any other things I do online or around the house :P

Vacuuming has never been more epic with that music. xD

- L

DeletedUser5355

That would be cool. Could it be in locally-stored files?
Also, it would be cool to be able to substitute other music files, so it doesn't get too old. Imagine battling to "Lacrimosa" or "She Loves You yeah, yeah, yeah."
Anybody know how to do these things?

DeletedUser

That would be too much trouble to implement at this point I think, and maybe even too detailed for a game like this. :P
The Devs have quite some work on their hands already.

Just releasing the existing file somewhere somehow would be epic though ;)

- L

DeletedUser1094

That would be cool. Could it be in locally-stored files?
Also, it would be cool to be able to substitute other music files, so it doesn't get too old. Imagine battling to "Lacrimosa" or "She Loves You yeah, yeah, yeah."
Anybody know how to do these things?

Yeah... that's actually easily done.

1) Load the desired tunes into a media-player.
2) Turn off the in-game music.
3) Turn on the media-player.

;)

DeletedUser

I have just managed to download it, you can have it if I'm allowed to spread it :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Please do not share the file with anyone. I will report back when I have word from the up-aboves.

DeletedUser4089

I return with an answer, Sorry it took so long.

It is fine to share the file, as long as no one tries to make any money from it.

I've PM'd Slygoxx to let him know.

Enjoy :)

DeletedUser

By Blacksmith's Hammer, I'll just use it for personal enjoyment.
May Surge strike me down if I try to profit from it. :cool:

DeletedUser5355

Re using a media player:
No, just listening to the radio or media player will not change music when you change activities.
Some games store music in their applications folder. You can substitute your own mp3 files in those folders, and name them the way the game named its files.
If FoE's music files are locally-stored, your music would come up any time the game's music would have.

What file is Slygoxx talking about, what does it do, and where do you get it?

DeletedUser

Alright, the battle music can be downloaded here, and the regular music can be downloaded here. Once you visit the url, you can download it by right clicking on it and selecting 'save as'. Alternatively, you can download both in a zip file here.
Both music pieces are quite short, and are played as a continuous loop in-game.

The in-game music you hear is this music as a background, and then some random music out of a collection is added to that. I am currently trying to collect all of those additional sounds (like flute's playing, birds chirping, etc), but that'll take some time.

@asdfgod: As the music is gathered from the servers, instead of being stored locally, it is not possible to substitute your own mp3 music.