• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Back to Scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5209

Hello

A quick question please. I have looked at the FAQ etc and have not found this idea mentioned.

I was wondering about staying in the same land plot but just deleting EVERYTHING back to a grassy plot and starting again, to put different buildings in different places but also to change some of my building selections.

Has anybody done this? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of? I know I have to be careful to make sure I have a good supply of Supplies etc to allow me to continue building until I get where I want, but other than that?

Has anybody tried this?

DeletedUser

I'm assuming that you mean starting anew, but keeping your research progress and territories you've acquired through the campaign.

If all you wish to do is set back your 'city' to no more than your town hall, then yes, there's nothing wrong with that and I've done that numerous times myself. Just be careful that you really do have enough coins and supplies so you don't have to start building blacksmiths all over again to gain supplies. ;)
(I was in EMA when that happened to me once, LoL)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

I have seen a similar thread like this a few weeks ago.

As for pitfalls; like Bloodwyn accurately stated, please keep an eye on your resources if you want to try this. But I suppose your stock will only increase significantly if you start selling buildings.
(non-Premium) Structures return 25% of their original building cost when sold.
Premium Structures and roads return nothing.

- L

DeletedUser

Well... there is the possibility to delete/sell everything in such a way that you really have to start from scratch: you will have no supplies, no coins and no population left.

And that in its turn means no possibility to start anew, so I was warning for that :D

However, I do realise now that you said to keep some coins and supplies anyway :)

DeletedUser

Ah okay, gotcha. ;)

Tbh though, whenever you sell things (usually buildings :rolleyes:) you receive some small amount of resources anyways. (Lodroth explained the details above)

You have a good point though, as it is possible to end up with no resources and not be capable of starting anew or having too little and having to start off with BA buildings like Blacksmiths. (I'm repeating myself now so I'll just stop hitting the keys and keep shut :)).

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

Status
Not open for further replies.