• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

BA Newbie - request help with 'win battles' quest - PvP not unlocked

Hi, I've been playing for a few weeks and I'm on Spring Event Quest 52.
"Exchange 2 items in the Antiques Dealer or Win 4 battles"
I don't have an Antiques Dealer yet.
The quest isn't the kind where there's a negotiation option or a button that takes you into a 'virtual' battle just for the purposes of the quest, so I presume I have to pick a fight with someone real?

But who?

I'm in Bronze Age, so no GE or PvP unlocked yet.
Have already acquired all the sectors in the Bronze Age Province.
Have had a look at the Bronze Age Tower on the Campaign Map but can't see how to join the fights.
The Iron age Province appears to let me in despite being in BA (I accidentally negotiated one before I realised they were for the next age) There *are* four of them left, so enough to fulfil the quest if I fight them all but I don't have much battle experience yet and their troops are all from the age above me so I can't see that I would stand much of a chance.
I don't think negotiating them will fulfil the Quest conditions and if I test this I will only have 3 left.

The clock is ticking on the event, not sure I can afford the time to age up, unlock the necessary military Tech and train all new higher age troops - assume I would be short of the resources needed anyway.

I was just getting the Event out of the way and about to start getting ready to age up - stockpile goods/supplies/coins and get other stuff ready so that I can go up to Iron Age soon in a strong position - I'm REALLY not ready to do so *right* now.
I've read it's not the best idea to age up in the middle of an Event anyway.

If it's relevant, the only GB I have is an Oracle at level 6.
Please ask if you need more info.

What would you advise to complete the Quest.
Grateful for any advice/ideas
Thank you

RegV

Corporal
I'm in about the same boat in my newest city. Except I'm not a newbie and I do have a fair amount of battle experience. And I do have a Zeus, but only lvl 2. I *might* get through this quest. Tomorrows is probably going to stop me dead.

Your only choice is to fight on the map. Since, like me, you are into the Iron age sectors, fighting is tough. Negotiation won't work here. You can beat IA armies with BA troops, but it's not easy. I've won 2 so far, but now need half a day to rebuild troops to try #3.
Have the first level of GE solved or win 8 battles.
GE isn't an option and 8 wins on the map are unlikely to happen.
So I think we both likely stop here.
My advice: Give it a try but don't sweat if if you fail. And do not jump up to IA. You are on the right track, go into IA in a strong position. I don't have the resources yet to do that, and it sounds like you don't either. So stop. We won't get a maxed out Mill, but so what? It's still a decent building in a BA city without being maxed out. Better than any regular building you can build.

There will be another event in a few weeks. And another one soon after that. Then another one. Get your city in a position where you can finish them. When you have something better, you can store the mill and wait until next years spring event to get the rest of the upgrades, if you still think it is worth a spot in your city fully leveled.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I'm in Bronze Age, so no GE or PvP unlocked yet.
Have already acquired all the sectors in the Bronze Age Province.
Have had a look at the Bronze Age Tower on the Campaign Map but can't see how to join the fights.
The Iron age Province appears to let me in despite being in BA (I accidentally negotiated one before I realised they were for the next age) There *are* four of them left, so enough to fulfil the quest if I fight them all but I don't have much battle experience yet and their troops are all from the age above me so I can't see that I would stand much of a chance.
I don't think negotiating them will fulfil the Quest conditions and if I test this I will only have 3 left.

The clock is ticking on the event, not sure I can afford the time to age up, unlock the necessary military Tech and train all new higher age troops - assume I would be short of the resources needed anyway.
The best thing I could suggest doing, besides 'do not age up yet' as mentioned by Reg, is balance your fighting troops against each province (one at a time) defenders. Your troops have a bonus against certain troops and the defender has bonus against certain troops. Use as many troops you have with the bonus of the defenders, and do not use any troops that have the bonus of the defenders. It may take a little time, but at your Age, your troops re-train very quickly. You may also want to build a 2nd specific type of military building, so you can have 6 or all 8 of your attackers exactly the same troop.
Another thing to try, is have an army of all Slingers and Stone Throwers - this way you can start hurting or even killing some of the defenders before they reach you. (only do this if the Defender army does not have any Archers or Ballista in it).
Try auto-fight, and if that does not work, try fighting manually - and in manual fight, concentrate on one Defender first - better to kill some, then do some damage to all.
This is just your first Special Event, so use it as a training exercise to prepare for the next Event in 25 days. In preparing to Age up once the Event ends - start spending FP on the research for Iron Age (but DO NOT unlock anything yet - as soon as you Unlock any research in the next Age, you officially are in that age), but you can prepare by doing the research, so when you are ready to Age up, you can Unlock multiple researches at once - and you may have enough FP to do the research for one of the 2nd level technologies.

Last edited:
That particular quest is a very bad one. I have cities in IA so no antiques dealer available neither can I win fights there as don't even have the troops available.

It is designed to push people out of IA who camp there except nobody obviously thought it will hurt new players by impeding their progress trough the questline. In my opinion it's an oversight to have a quest like this and it needs to be fixed.

Seems like a mistake. Usually there's always an alternative to fighting quests. The alternative should be possible to solve for all players, of course. This is not,

Wow! Thank you all for taking the time and effort to offer such detailed help and encouragement

@thelegend88 @klods hans I did wonder if it was an oversight with regards to Bronze Age players, a pity they didn't provide one of the 'defeat this army' buttons for those in BA without PvP or an Antiques Dealer if they really want you to fight

@RegV Thank you, I was already thinking along the lines of give up the Event if necessary, rather than Age Up too soon, I'll feel better about doing that after your comments

@Paladiac the Pure Thanks for the advice - I tried a similar method on one of the earlier Quests, on the advice of a Guildmate, and it worked - eventually :D But that was just one battle with BA troops (albeit a 'Very Large' Army in 2 waves) - I was 5 days on that one, what with all the building extra military buildings and healing or retraining troops, I will definitely give it a few go's though, following your advice, thank you

Well Blimey! While waiting for troops to heal & train after my first attempt, I took a gamble and just auto-battled with 8 Spear Fighters as they are so quick to heal and train - and won! Couldn't believe it!
Did it again just to see, and ended up winning all 4 sectors doing just that! :D :D :D

@RegV might be worth you trying that - it might've been that the enemy troops I was put up against were not as numerous or strong as you would get because I am so new and without much battle experience, but you never know!

Ran out of IA sectors doing this Quest and pretty certain it won't work against the next province. I've made sure not to scout it in the hope the AI might take my circumstances into consideration for tomorrow's Quest :-/

Update:
after checking my inventory, it seems that even with not being able to finish all the Quests, I still managed to collect
x1 Suishun Mill
x1 Suishun Mill selection kit
x4 Suishun Mill upgrades
which, if I understand it correctly, means I can still have the Mill at level 4? or 5?
More than happy with that - think I was just being a bit OCD about completing everything
Thanks all, for your input

Shad23

Emperor
lvl 6,build the lvl 1 with the x1 Suishun Mill then in selection kit you get choice between up-grade or a lvl 1 choose up-grade it will bring you to lvl 2 then use the 4 up-grades wich will bring you to lvl 6

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Currently, this means you can have a Level 6 mill. Each Selection kit can be EITHER a base level 1 or upgrade (and in your case, you will want upgrade), so with 5 upgrades plus level 1 base, you can have a level 6 currently. And still have about a week to try to get another upgrade if you can.
And with a week left, if you do try to keep doing the battles, you may surprise yourself and get that next quest completed, which should have plenty of time left to do a few more. Who knows how far you could still get, if you are willing to risk a bit of time and troops.

r21r

Major-General
Hi, I've been playing for a few weeks and I'm on Spring Event Quest 52.
sometimes, when in Bronze Age, you cannot finish every event Quest*
i've had a world in Bronze for a year, most events where no problem, but if i remember well, there where 2 or 3 events (within a year) that couldn't/could for a couple times be completed.

*theoriticaly you can fight on your C.Map if you have att/def boosts, or you can even take EMA troops (x2 heavy) from the story line, which in combination with a decent attack and rogues you can do a couple such quests, but in long term you wont be able to finish all the quests while in bronze age.

for me, that i had that world as a diamond (wishing well) world, it worked very good as the +'s are more than the -'s in time invested terms, but if you play only 1 world, there is no reason to camp in bronze unless you are stocking up goods..

Thanks all - I did give up after Quest 52 as I didn't want to get even further ahead of myself on the map - @Paladiac the Pure and @shad funville the 23 rd - thanks - level 6 is more than I'd hoped for and I'll try again next year. I'm planning to Age up to IA in the next few days and concentrating on producing and trading goods til then, also invested FP in the IA Tech Tree without unlocking as Paladiac suggested. It's been a good learning curve and I'm very grateful to everyone who took the trouble to comment - it's all been taken on board - thanks x

Last edited: