• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Availability of Observatory Blue prints too limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser99692

As there is a great deal of pressure put on to guild members to own at least an Observatory Great Building to help cover their Guild Expedition costs. My Idea is to see if we can make these blueprints more available in the game. At present the only way to gain these successfully is to pour FPs into existing Observatories or win/buy them as prizes in special events.

My suggestion is to allow these BPs to be included in the GE chests that drop random BPs and in the quest rewards that pay random BPs. Not from general giving of Aid as it is a multi age GB with no set age buildings attached. Not from the Shrine of Inspiration for the same game age reason. Yes players will say isn't this making the game easier maybe it can be viewed that way. INNO introduced this GB primarily as a cash cow. One that is milking lower age players of their precious diamonds in order to try to meet their guilds requirements that's not the original intention I am sure they were looking for a quick hit from established players.

As a guild leader I see newcomers struggling to get this building that is so essential to the guild but in all honesty gives them nothing but relief when they finally achieve it. I hope you will support this to help take the pressure off new starts in a world.

I Have I done the research yes and I could find nothing similar.

Possible abuse none

System adjustments the inclusion of this great building to 2 random drop generators

DeletedUser113901

-1 sorry
The observatory has been obsolete since the arc was introduced (support pool anyways does not make any difference), as you said it is still some income for Inno and it would reduce the chance for other, better stuff. I'd not be against it in DC though.

DeletedUser113110

-1 If guilds require you to have an OBS, then they usually will help you in doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
INNO introduced this GB primarily as a cash cow. One that is milking lower age players of their precious diamonds in order to try to meet their guilds requirements that's not the original intention I am sure they were looking for a quick hit from established players.

Is Inno forcing guildleaders to demand members to have an Observatory?

I am not looking forward to more useless crap in chests or quest rewards. Guildleaders can coördinate members donating goods to the treasury. No OBS needed for that.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I can agree that OBS prints are in a way not easy to find. As i was in the same boat when i started playing. I agree that there should be a way of getting one in a better way. I actually spent currency that was in some event so i could finally get it. I wouldn't want it to be part of GE chests as even now in GE we get prints that are irrelevant with the age a player is, and it is moastly for buildings i will never build. Except for ToR, although with it ,is the same story.

I wouldn't mind that OBS is treated exactly the same way as Oracle is whic you get in the beginning as part of the story. The same way there could be a separate 9 part story that would higlite the story of Observatorys and space exploration started . And by finishing it , the end prize would be, to have 1 set. This story then could be introduced to new players and to players that jet haven't built OBS .

+1 if it would be done as a separate thing from GE ...

Also as OBS and one set of it doesn't give that big of advantage i don't see any reason wy not!!

Emberguard

Legend
As long as they keep putting it into events it won't be a problem. But based on event patterns in the last year it looks like its dwindling in how often it's made available in events. Of course I could be mistaken, I've only been playing for a year.

Oh well - if it never comes again in an event someone could always win "what time is it" and introduce it to the next new world that gets released (whenever that happens)

Personally I wouldn't mind if it took the spot of where there's already a BP spot in the GE. Just one of them though in a single spot. It doesn't need to be anymore then that, just needs to be possible to get /a/ BP.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
As long as they keep putting it into events it won't be a problem. But based on event patterns in the last year it looks like its dwindling in how often it's made available in events. Of course I could be mistaken, I've only been playing for a year.

Oh well - if it never comes again in an event someone could always win "what time is it" and introduce it to the next new world that gets released (whenever that happens)

Personally I wouldn't mind if it took the spot of where there's already a BP spot in the GE. Just one of them though in a single spot. It doesn't need to be anymore then that, just needs to be possible to get /a/ BP.

Maybe if only on one spot in LvL 1 of GE ... this year it was offered in Carnival event as 2 prints prize, in others so far there have been some prints as prize but it wasn't defined which ... so looking like that ...hm....

Emberguard

Legend
Usually the Obs print in an event will be defined as being Obs print.

Reason being it's an Any Age BP and those aren't available through a normal random BP generation. Otherwise you'd be able to get ToR and Oracle with the "X random BP(s)" option

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Usually the Obs print in an event will be defined as being Obs print.

Reason being it's an Any Age BP and those aren't available through a normal random BP generation. Otherwise you'd be able to get ToR and Oracle with the "X random BP(s)" option
Yes, but Oracle you get from story line ... maybe buildings like that ... so i wouldn't mind OBs,ToR and Oracle be the same ... and be part of story ...

DeletedUser99692

-1 sorry
The observatory has been obsolete since the arc was introduced (support pool anyways does not make any difference), as you said it is still some income for Inno and it would reduce the chance for other, better stuff. I'd not be against it in DC though.

The obtaining of a set of Arc BPs might be far simpler and more beneficial to the average player but I am talking about new starts in a world that don't have the fps to buy the goods for that building. Of course there are always guild leaders like me that GIVE them away but you can count them on the fingers of one hand.

DeletedUser99588

Maybe they should do something to make the observatory more relevant. One possibility could be providing a method for changing the era of the goods it produces.

rainydayze

Private
I am screaming for Observatory Blue Prints - they used to be available in Seasonal Events - this must be the 3rd or 4th Event in a row, where they have not been offerred. Newer worlds like Rugnir are sufferring for lack of Observatories.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Before the introduction of Virtual Future the Observatory was the must have GB for any active guild. It was used as a gauge to see how active/dedicated new members were, if they spent FP trying to get one they were team players and good for the guild, if not they were tossed out as dead weight. Now that Arc goods are cheaper to get, and Arc BPs are easy to acquire, the Arc has taken its place. The Temple of Relics is the must have GB for new members now.

I agree with this idea, Obs BPs should be made more readily available, or the Obs needs to be altered to make it more valuable. As it is now there is no need to get the Obs past L5, which greatly limits the # of available BPs. I'd say fix GVG, but that most likely will never happen, so make the Obs more valuable somehow and introduce a new way to get BPs.

DeletedUser110713

Fix GvG instead, so observatories becomes desirable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.