• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Guild Expedition] automatic unlock for guild expeditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16126

Don't see any reason, If a guild always unlocks all levels, then the leader have a whole day to unlock it.
Since a decent guild has a few leaders, you have all the chance to unlock it.
To me this auto-unlock could be a very expensive thing if only 1 player decides to move to L3, by autounlocking it and fight a few fights.

To me unlocking a level shall be a leadershipdecision and it shall stay that way

DeletedUser653

:?
No, no need for the founder/guild leader to have completed L1. He/She can open the next level in the first hours of the Guild Expedition. :)

I agree, but today a member has to reach the L2 to enable us to unlock it and is someone not on line they have to wait. with this idea 1
min after expo unlocks a founder can unlock L2 & L3 before a guild member even reaches it.
But i would ask that for safeguards this is restricted to founders only

DeletedUser108379

I agree, but today a member has to reach the L2 to enable us to unlock it and is someone not on line they have to wait. with this idea 1
min after expo unlocks a founder can unlock L2 & L3 before a guild member even reaches it.
But i would ask that for safeguards this is restricted to founders only

Are you sure someone has to complete the previous level? Looks to me as is that would be possible immediatly after the start. And there was nothing in the announcement that said otherwise.

DeletedUser653

I will double check next week but pretty sure its how it is today

DeletedUser107699

All 4 levels can be unlocked at once. We do it in my Guild in one of the worlds where playing GE is compulsory. But in my other world where playing GE is not and we have 72 members, we all agree to only play 2 levels and thus only unlock level 1 and level 2 from the start. I dont see the point of adding a button for this one...sorry -1

+1

Side effects: the unlock costs would have to be revealed before the level is reached, so that any needed goods can be contributed even before the diffuculty level is reached.

Addendum:
The unlock should also be able to be reversed.
Reason:
A guild leader might unlock the ability on day one but nobody in the guild completes the difficulty level by 4 days. The leader might want to switch the level OFF again to preserve the goods for a time when enough members will use them and play at the higher difficulty.

DeletedUser110195

The unlock option should be separate for each level. If your guild always unlocks 2, then a leader flips that switch on, if 3 is always unlocked, flip that switch as well, same for 4. There is no reason not to have this, a leader could set it and be free to go on holiday whenever they choose without having to worry about getting online so their guild doesn't miss levels 2/3/4 for however many weeks they're away, and it couldn't be done without a leader, same as it is now, only automated. This would also allow a guild to not need to disband if all leaders, for whatever reason, abruptly stop playing.

+1

DeletedUser103370

Or maybe unlocks should have no cost, I don't get it what's the point of this kind of restriction anyway...

DeletedUser6065

You pretty much know from week to week how many/who is going to advance and how far in GEx. It isn't going to vary any (if at all). Leaders can unlock levels at the week beginning with this knowledge. No need for this 'feature'.
. . . . mk

Status
Not open for further replies.