• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Automatic Account Deletion

DeletedUser111948

Question - does this include accounts that has diamond purchases (and unspent diamonds) attached?

DeletedUser106696

Vlad, are you trying to say you're mad at InnoGames for forcing you to age up?
No I'm mad at the prospect of having yet another age delivered in umpteen pieces with all the issues we have seen in AF and OF. So I had been planning to veg along in OF until this hits the live servers and then forget FoE for a long time... just means I have to set a diary reminder to log in from time to time...

Agent327

Overlord
No I'm mad at the prospect of having yet another age delivered in umpteen pieces with all the issues we have seen in AF and OF. So I had been planning to veg along in OF until this hits the live servers and then forget FoE for a long time... just means I have to set a diary reminder to log in from time to time...

Only once in 12 months. You do not even have to visit your city.

DeletedUser106696

I admire your optimism and your believe that things pan out exactly as Inno announces...

Given how often Inno has changed tack in the past I'd rather log on every 3 months just to be on the safe side... :P

Agent327

Overlord
I admire your optimism and your believe that things pan out exactly as Inno announces...

Given how often Inno has changed tack in the past I'd rather log on every 3 months just to be on the safe side... :P

That is your choice, but since you are active on the forum you have nothing to worry about aS LONG AS YOUR IN-GAME NAME IS THE SAME.

DeletedUser111948

Well if that is true they better post a BIG TRIPLE warning on diamond purchases... Even with that it'll be a storm... I can't actually recall any game that made you money disappear just like that :D
I'm all for cleaning out inactive accounts out of rotation... But I'd say it would have been better if they where simply tagged as "inactive" and their friend/FP/guild lists cleared after certain amount of time. This way if the person returns one day they can simply re activate the account by logging in.
I'm although one of the people who took a three year "break" from FoE - considering how long it takes here to progress a city I would have never even thought of returning if I knew I was in for, quite literary, years of game play to get back where I was before...
If they want me to pay to keep my account permanently regardless of downtime I will wince but do that, if not... Well next time I get fed up with updates that roll out way to slowly I guess I'll be quitting for good - no way I'll remember to log in just to keep the account from going out in smoke.

Grossman

Private
About the FP invested in the deleted account, you can push and get the reward or let them die, i have some fp's invested and ...

DeletedUser

What about the Accounts and Cities of Military Personnel? People who cannot decide on length of absences, nor reveal their membership of said profession to mere civilians.

Dead-Eye

General
What about the Accounts and Cities of Military Personnel? People who cannot decide on length of absences, nor reveal their membership of said profession to mere civilians.
I have thought about this as I am Army. I would think that an email to support would do though most tours are 6 months with leave inbetween.

DeletedUser105476

Yes I agree, my guild buddy has had to go away for a couple of years and I have been levelling him up via GBs thinking that would somehow help with with his account remaining active, very disapointing. I know that you need to have a clean out but some people cant help their situations

I've seen a number of players take time off - real life issues, burnout, frustration with the neverending events, whatever, and then they come back a year or so later. Now you're saying that the money they spent on diamonds (I expect most of us have bent a little plastic now and then) is lost. That to me constitutes theft, as it wasn't in the terms and conditions when they joined and agreed to the T&C. Another matter is GBs - I have hundreds of FPs in GBs of people who have quit playing or gone on hiatus. I'm going to be less likely now to donate to anyone else's GB as basically those FPs are wasted. Even though I may hold top spot, unless I level the GB by the (unspecified) time when you will pull the plug, I get bupkis.

Way to go, Inno. You're doing your darndest to put people off this game! And it was - repeat, WAS - a great game.

DeletedUser112861

Attachments

• Forge of Empires - Google Chrome 21_06_2018 4_01_40 PM.png
    Forge of Empires - Google Chrome 21_06_2018 4_01_40 PM.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 167

Vesiger

Monarch
It doesn't seem to me to be in any sense 'theft' when someone buys an upgrade for a game and then fails to use it - he got what he paid for. And I would imagine that the vast majority of abandoned game accounts are never reactivated.
The last time a purge was proposed there was a great outcry claiming that people wanted to be able to measure themselves against the all-time best, and that it was a crime to remove long-dead accounts from the scoreboard...

DeletedUser111948

Well... With diamonds they would put themselves in a REALLY dangerous situation - many places in Europe have laws in place that entitle user or a service with "prepaid currency" to refund of any unspent currency in the account in the even the account is closed for any reason but account user outright breaking the terms of service. Originally it was intended for buss ticket cards and such, but it can be applied to game accounts as well and is one of the reasons most mmos never delete accounts.
As long as the account is not closed refunds can't be demanded.
There is an addition pitfall - the only prove they have that the diamonds purchased where indeed spend is in the account, if they really delete the data it means that a person can demand refund of all the diamonds they ever bought because the company will not be able to prove they spend it...
Inno is not stupid, so from what I see they will not actually delete the account database - they will archive it most likely... The fact that you won't be able to re activate them anyway says that they just can't be bothered to provide that service...
Well as I sad - next time I leave I'm extremely unlikely to come back. And I will live eventually, that is how it always goes with games for me - I need my breaks to re gain interest.

Agent327

Overlord
Well... With diamonds they would put themselves in a REALLY dangerous situation - many places in Europe have laws in place that entitle user or a service with "prepaid currency" to refund of any unspent currency in the account in the even the account is closed for any reason but account user outright breaking the terms of service. Originally it was intended for buss ticket cards and such, but it can be applied to game accounts as well and is one of the reasons most mmos never delete accounts.

They don't have to look at the law of "many places in Europe". Only German law and European.