• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Automatic Account Deletion

DeletedUser111948

They don't have to look at the law of "many places in Europe". Only German law and European.
And I AM talking about European law. I live in one of the EU countries where I can request refunds for such services from a provider in Germany, that is why I know about it. I am just trying not to make blanket statements for every country of the world - I have no clue how that across the ocean.

Agent327

Overlord
And I AM talking about European law. I live in one of the EU countries where I can request refunds for such services from a provider in Germany, that is why I know about it. I am just trying not to make blanket statements for every country of the world - I have no clue how that across the ocean.

Yes, in Europe, Europe law goes above country lawf, if countries are in the community . Sure you can request those refunds and if they do not ablige you first have to go to a German court and if they do not give you what you want next step will be a European court. That can take you years and a lot of costs. It will cost you more than the diamonds you purchased, so are you up for that?

DeletedUser111948

Yes, in Europe, Europe law goes above country lawf, if countries are in the community . Sure you can request those refunds and if they do not ablige you first have to go to a German court and if they do not give you what you want next step will be a European court. That can take you years and a lot of costs. It will cost you more than the diamonds you purchased, so are you up for that?
I'm not one of the people who would bother - I did not spend that much on the game.
But if I wanted to I'd have to submit the documents to a governments agency that deals with customer protection (sorry I don't know the correct English name for the service) and they would file the request - it may take years to get the money beck but no, it would not cost me anything or require any court attendance. The more people submit similar requests the faster it would go. If the agency finds the request in accordance with the law (again does not require courts, only a review) and the company it was issued to does not complain they will be fined by the government. And governments love their money, you can count on that.
It's a similar process to replacing a faulty product that has been sold to you and follows the same pipeline.
Again, I would not do it, I'd rather use the time it takes for work - I'l make more money that way :) But I do know that as soon as company opens themselves up to financial claims somebody will try and use that at some point, just the nature of a thing.

DeletedUser112861

I'm not one of the people who would bother - I did not spend that much on the game.
But if I wanted to I'd have to submit the documents to a governments agency that deals with customer protection (sorry I don't know the correct English name for the service) and they would file the request - it may take years to get the money beck but no, it would not cost me anything or require any court attendance. The more people submit similar requests the faster it would go. If the agency finds the request in accordance with the law (again does not require courts, only a review) and the company it was issued to does not complain they will be fined by the government. And governments love their money, you can count on that.
It's a similar process to replacing a faulty product that has been sold to you and follows the same pipeline.
Again, I would not do it, I'd rather use the time it takes for work - I'l make more money that way :) But I do know that as soon as company opens themselves up to financial claims somebody will try and use that at some point, just the nature of a thing.

On a completely different topic (but related to this thread!) — is it just me, or was old forum content deleted? I've searched for my own posts written months (years?) ago and I couldn't find anything. Or is the search thingy broken?

Or maybe I haven't posted anything in the past years... lol

DeletedUser4727

Hi all, a small amendment has been made to the original announcement:

• We will begin automatically deleting accounts that have not logged into the game or the forum for at least 12 months (for accounts that have made at least one purchase this period is extended to 3 years after the last purchase).

DeletedUser112892

Hi all, a small amendment has been made to the original announcement:

• We will begin automatically deleting accounts that have not logged into the game or the forum for at least 12 months (for accounts that have made at least one purchase this period is extended to 3 years after the last purchase).
Great, let me purchase the cheapest diamonds pack, just to be sure :D

DeletedUser114875

I have a question for the FOE Team.
1: What happens to a guild if the founder fails to log in?
2: Does that mean that we will see guilds being deleted as well?
2: Can another guild member apply to become the founder if the original founders account is deleted?

Regards,

Barron Munster. another 2 cents.