• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Automatic Account Deletion

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys

This thread is for any questions relating to the automatic account deletion system due to go live in July. You can find the full announcement here.

Thanks

Richard & Team

DeletedUser111095

2 questions :
  1. Will you be e-mailing people to inform them that their account will be deleted?
  2. Even though you say that this process is not reversable, are you keeping backups in case there's a confusion or something goes wrong and you have to recover an account?

DeletedUser14946

I think this is a very poor decision. Due to the long lifespan of the game many players take time off and then come back at a later date to play more. From reading the post it seems like it doesn't matter what age someone is in or how long they have played. If you haven't logged in for 12 months it's bye bye to all your hard work?

Very poor form. I for one played the game 5 years ago and only just came back this past September. Would have been very disappointed to have had to start all over again.

DeletedUser110982

What happens to the forge points other players have in Great Buildings of the deleted player / account? Are they lost or do they get returned to the contributor?

jmazz777

Private
Please confirm I have this right .. Username must be same in game and Forum .. I must log into EITHER game or forum to avoid account deletion ..

DeletedUser4727

2 questions :
  1. Will you be e-mailing people to inform them that their account will be deleted?
  2. Even though you say that this process is not reversable, are you keeping backups in case there's a confusion or something goes wrong and you have to recover an account?
Thanks for your question. As per the announcement:

• You will be notified on the forum (private message) and via email when your account is about to be deleted. Please make sure your email address is valid.
The process isn't reversible, no. We will warn users ahead of a deletion, to ensure they're appraised. If a user chooses not to act on this notice, the deletion will take place.

What happens to the forge points other players have in Great Buildings of the deleted player / account? Are they lost or do they get returned to the contributor?
As per the current system, these will remain. Nothing about the actual account deletion process changes, only the triggers change.

Please confirm I have this right .. Username must be same in game and Forum .. I must log into EITHER game or forum to avoid account deletion ..

Once the system goes live in July, yes. You can login via your game name OR your forum account to prevent the automatic deletion being triggered.

DeletedUser107412

As per the current system, these will remain. Nothing about the actual account deletion process changes, only the triggers change.

I believe the question asked is about the FP contributions made to GBs on subsequently deleted accounts, not those made by deleted accounts.

E.g. if I have 500 FP on a GB, and the GB owner player account is automatically deleted, what will happen to the FP. My understanding is they will NOT remain, they will be deleted.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
It's about time!

I would tweak the auto-deletion feature though. New players should be deleted after 7 days of inactivity, if they're still in BA. I would also make diamond buyers immune to auto-deletion, but create a way where any FP added to their GBs are wiped after 1 year, not their level, just the FP added from other players. I still can see FP I donated to players GBs that quite several years ago. I don't need the FP back, just want to see it gone from my list.

DeletedUser110971

I have two cities, One on Greifental which is used daily, And one on Cirgard which is not used, will i lose the Cirgard city or both?

DeletedUser112861

I have two cities, One on Greifental which is used daily, And one on Cirgard which is not used, will i lose the Cirgard city or both?
You will lose it if you haven't logged onto it for 12 months

Vesiger

Monarch
Sounds like a good idea for a general clean-out of dead wood to me - since almost all accounts have some diamonds, the current situation means that none of them ever get deleted and there are an awful lot of zombie accounts out there.. .

Agent327

Overlord
I believe the question asked is about the FP contributions made to GBs on subsequently deleted accounts, not those made by deleted accounts.

Doesn't matter. All stays the same as it is now. So contributions made to a GB of an account that gets deleted you lose. Contributions made to your GB by an account that gets deleted remain in your GB, but the name disappears.

Neither one as you log in to the game. You do not have to visit your city to keep your account. However rules when a city will be deleted do not change.

You will lose it if you haven't logged onto it for 12 months

Wrong.

DeletedUser110857

I think getting rid of players who haven't played in 12 months is an excellent idea. I would make it 6 months myself, but then.....One other thing, regarding FPs added to other players GBs; can we have a way to delete GBs from our contribution list? Many times I have added FPs, and they quit playing (or whatever). I'm not going to finish the GB for someone who is no longer playing, and my list just keeps getting longer, and longer. There should be a way to dump someone one from your list. I don't care about the FPs, I just want to get RID of them?! Any possibility?? Thanks, GGSDKK

dimondus

Captain
I think getting rid of players who haven't played in 12 months is an excellent idea. I would make it 6 months myself, but then.....One other thing, regarding FPs added to other players GBs; can we have a way to delete GBs from our contribution list? Many times I have added FPs, and they quit playing (or whatever). I'm not going to finish the GB for someone who is no longer playing, and my list just keeps getting longer, and longer. There should be a way to dump someone one from your list. I don't care about the FPs, I just want to get RID of them?! Any possibility?? Thanks, GGSDKK
So you basically asking for "hide" button and not for "remove". I think its a good idea that shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

DeletedUser107412

Doesn't matter. All stays the same as it is now. So contributions made to a GB of an account that gets deleted you lose. Contributions made to your GB by an account that gets deleted remain in your GB, but the name disappears..

Yes, this was the point I was making.

DeletedUser112861

Doesn't matter. All stays the same as it is now. So contributions made to a GB of an account that gets deleted you lose. Contributions made to your GB by an account that gets deleted remain in your GB, but the name disappears.

Neither one as you log in to the game. You do not have to visit your city to keep your account. However rules when a city will be deleted do not change.

Wrong.
?

DeletedUser106696

Well, that's one way of forcing players to progress through the ages in Inno's new peacemeal fashion...

I have been toying with the idea to park my town until the next age is properly out and then play it in one hit... so thanks for taking this option away :mad:

DeletedUser112861

Well, that's one way of forcing players to progress through the ages in Inno's new peacemeal fashion...

I have been toying with the idea to park my town until the next age is properly out and then play it in one hit... so thanks for taking this option away :mad:

Vlad, are you trying to say you're mad at InnoGames for forcing you to age up?

Agent327

Overlord

I don't think you understand. All you have to do is login. Could be even here on the forum. You do not have to play at all.