• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Auto-defence against 4 Rogue + 4 Catapults

AntiDuck

Corporal
Hello,
I've been repeatedly plundered by some wildly-wild high developed chuck.liu on Mount Killmore, who has +100% attack / +100 defence bonuses, and usually attacks with 4 Rogues + 4 Catapults. I understand I can't fight back with tactic in auto-mode, but maybe there is a choice of troops, making him loose at least 2-3 Rogues on each attack?
I can get Catapults too, e.g. 8 Catapults, but I wonder how it will work (if it would).
I can get 6 Catapults + 2 Rogues (seen this kind of defence once), but would it work against +100% bonuses of attadker?
Any piece of advice will be nice :)
Sincerely, AntiDuck

Attachments

• 4-rogues-4-catapults-scheme.jpg
    4-rogues-4-catapults-scheme.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Do not put rogues in defence!

Your catapults will target his rogues first (idiot AI) making your first round virtually pointless, he meanwhile will target your catapults and ignore your rogues taking them out fairly quickly. Your rogues are then useless.

AntiDuck

Corporal
You will nebver win this fight, no matter what you do. Only thing you can do is put 8 Mounted Archers in your defence. You still will not win, but he will not like that defence.
Thanks for reply. Okay, I will try with these Mounted Archers, then.
What if, somehow, I get 8 Rogues in defence (with Rogue Hideout, or so)?
Will 6 Rogues + 2 Catapults (or 6 Rogues + any other units) work as well?

I only need to kill (dramatic pause) .. to kill 1-2 of his Rogues when auto-defendings my village - this would take to give them first hit (so they turn into catapults), and then just get this exact rogue catapult demolished,

Emberguard

Legend
Thanks for reply. Okay, I will try with these Mounted Archers, then.
What if, somehow, I get 8 Rogues in defence (with Rogue Hideout, or so)?
Will 6 Rogues + 2 Catapults (or 6 Rogues + any other units) work as well?

I only need to kill (dramatic pause) .. to kill 1-2 of his Rogues when auto-defendings my village - this would take to give them first hit (so they turn into catapults), and then just get this exact rogue catapult demolished,
Not really. You’d be relying on the system hitting the rogues prior to the main units. It’s far more likely it’ll kill the two main units first and the rogues wouldn’t get to do anything. Especially as they could manual fight to ensure it.

AntiDuck

Corporal
Do not put rogues in defence!
I hoped they can do things, you know, steal the victory out of his rogues somehow :)

Your catapults will target his rogues first (idiot AI) making your first round virtually pointless, he meanwhile will target your catapults and ignore your rogues taking them out fairly quickly. Your rogues are then useless.
I understand, I should just wait neighborhood shuffle - which will make this plunder boy attacking someone else.
And AI isn't that stupid, it just keep nagging for diamonds in myriad of ways :)

AntiDuck

Corporal
Not really. You’d be relying on the system hitting the rogues prior to the main units. It’s far more likely it’ll kill the two main units first and the rogues wouldn’t get to do anything. Especially as they could manual fight to ensure it.
Just any killed units will be fine. With AI auto-defence I was very close to almost killing one unit, but its defence bonuses were too powerfull. Can't remember if it was just catapult, or rogue, turned into catapult.

Emberguard

Legend
The rogues automatically die if the only living units left on your side is other rogues. Using rogues in Defense is a gamble on whether you have a defence at all because your non-rogues might be killed before your rogues can transform

AI isn't that stupid, it just keep nagging for diamonds in myriad of ways :)
How? Your defensive army is automatically renewed after every attack on your city. Units are never lost or damaged and all are fresh as a daisy for the next attack on your city