• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Auto Battle

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I should imagine that this feature works much better in GvG where the variety of units can be quite limited.
Even when there is quite a large difference among DAs, the need to "close the deal" and get the job done may well make the extra losses worthwhile.
When your constantly fighting Ghost Guilds it not worth the loss in units, each to there own but I see it as another useless addition!!!!

Shabooboo

Private
I see the point of the button but don't like where it is located; too near to where the 'Attack' button used to be. I guess I'll get used to it...

DeletedUser111510

It would be even better if when using units with rogues it held back your normal units and sent the rogues on ahead. That way your normal units don't get killed off (as fast) and you end up with an army of rogues to fight with, which is totally useless.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I love the adition. Instead of waiting for an easy fight to load so I can autoresolve it, I can skip one pointless step. It's not like it changes the game fundamentally if you waste less time fighting easy battles ...

Its is a mayor change in GvG battle tactic. So no more spears to use (thats good!), but only the time will show when this change is good or not.

It is a horrible feature that is just a pestilence to me.

Normally, I would just ignore some part of the game that I have no use for but this is different for one reason:

There is no confirmation prompt!
So any accidental touch sends your (partial) army up against the enemy, using the AI instead of me as the guiding force.

Twice already on beta I have lost battles and whatever troops I happened to send in, and a a few more times, I won battles but with a heavy loss of units that would not have happened if the damn button wasn't there or had a confirmation prompt.

I get it that GvG players like this feature. They like it so much that (apparently) even having a confirmation prompt added would be a massive waste of their time (really?). However, I don't play GvG. I can't, because I fell for the advertising that this is a game that can be played on the app. For me, this is an awful feature that i want removed from my screen if it won't have a prompt to confirm that I want to be so stupid as to send my troops in without even seeing what they will be fighting against.

When I go into the battle screen, there is an auto-battle option. On THAT, there is a confirmation prompt. Why did anyone think that the same prompt is not necessary when the player can't even see what they are up against?

Please, get rid of this button or put a confirmation prompt on it.

DeletedUser110179

However, I don't play GvG. I can't, because I fell for the advertising that this is a game that can be played on the app.
Please, get rid of this button or put a confirmation prompt on it.
Perhaps the real solution is that GvG is ported to the app ... what's up ?

DeletedUser11250

Hi we used the new button on gvg yesterday, the players with high level GBs love it understandably, but for mere mortals such as myself, heavy losses occur and the replacement of troops after auto battle is chronically slow. For me if I battle alongside people using the funtion I get battle aborted frequently, taking all pleasure out of this aspect of the game. I believe the vast majority of people will not see a benefit, only top players will like this auto button. This will result in players moving away from gvg, which is not what we want to encourage, please remove autobutton

DeletedUser107476

I should imagine that this feature works much better in GvG where the variety of units can be quite limited.
Even when there is quite a large difference among DAs, the need to "close the deal" and get the job done may well make the extra losses worthwhile.

Not sure about the Rich Bullies but anyone with Alcatraz could be swimming in excess troops.
Generally in GvG you move your main unit to a corner on first turn then press auto. Meaning main unit is more likely to survive battle. This takes away that ability.

DeletedUser110179

Generally in GvG you move your main unit to a corner on first turn then press auto. Meaning main unit is more likely to survive battle. This takes away that ability.
According to the LoW Advanced guide by pawelp .
Rogues are more effective in the lower ages since they are very fast compared to regular units in LMA and below.

I've had great success with 1 Heavy Infantry + 7 Rogues in HMA GvG ... on immediate auto-battle (without delaying the HI unit).
More often than not the HI survived and a rogue died.

Clearly, this feature wont be used by many LMA and below players ... who probably wont even have Alcatraz.

Dead-Eye

General
Tried it yesterday and lost way to many units. It's great for dealing with neighbours who only have a couple spear dudes though other tham that I wont bother with it.

Perhaps the real solution is that GvG is ported to the app ... what's up ?
That would be nice but would not help accidental taps on the button.

Since it is considered necessary to ask for confirmation when already in the Battle Screen, how can it not be sense to ask for confirmation when the player isn't even at that stage?

DeletedUser100832

this certainly changes the sort of units needed in various ages

AA - 1 eel 7 rogue or 1 hover tank 7 rogue. Eels are great in that they don't attack if they are with slow units, and tanks have stealth.
FE - no change, 1 rail 7 rogue or 1 hover tank 7 rogue, depending on opposition. You will lose from time to time.
TE - 1 stealth 7 rogues. The previous combo, 1 champ 7 rogue won't work.
CE - 1 assault tank 7 rogues. The previous combo, 1 aa 7 rogue won't work.
PME - 1 MG 7 rogue, as before
ME - 1 bazook 7 rogue as before
PE - 1 tank 7 rogue as before
IA - 1 howitzer 7 rogue as before
CA - 1 grenadier 7 rogue as before
LMA - 1 heavy 7 rogue. 1 heavy knight 7 rogues won't work now.
HMA - 1 heavy 7 rogue. 1 knight 7 rogues won't work now.
EMA - 1 heavy 7 rogue. 1 fast 7 rogues won't work now.
IA - 1 heavy 7 rogue.

Great for people with high GB's, my level 97 orangery is looking more and more worth the investment. But with lower GB the higher ages will become hard.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Excellent addition, anything to reduce time and amount of buttons to push! It'll help immensely in GE. I haven't tried GVG yet, but I imagine it'll help players with low end computers and/or internet compete with the high-end, fast net, which is always a plus.
Someone complained about this new feature allowing players to take a sector quickly, nothing ever stopped that from happening before. I've seen 80 armies wiped out in a few minutes many, many times in the past.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Like other players say, in GVG this new auto battle functions is abused by very strong players with strong GB-s.
So if you have high GB and want take that sector with 8 DAs (80fight) then you can do now 10x times faster....say 3sec = 1 fight..thats 4, lets say 5 min and you taked ALONE one sector ;)

So this is abusive function because gives high/old players an edge, but its legal....

DeletedUser109770

this can be another useless feature unless the player is given the option to manage his own army.
for instance, when I am attacked with one unit + 7 rouges, all my defending armies attack the 7 rouges first which I never do.
the result is all my first hits are wasted, enemy units are transformed one by one into good units, and then my units are attacked and killed. Just another way to loose any battle.
You said they are controlled by AI, but that AI algorithm is useless.
To play a serious game, the play should be able manouver his troops, even in defending his city.
But now, the so called 'AI' (stupid algorithm) waste all our units. Always, when I am attacked, I am lost. There is no way that I can control my defending armies.
So, please let us manouver our troops. please.

DeletedUser109770

No.No. Not the rogues first. Rogues last.
the game should perrmit us to attack the fighter unit first and destroy. and they to attack rogues.
Otherwise, the game provides all plunderers to win. and I am to loose.
stupid AI
waste of resources in this manner.
Change the AI to attack the fighter unit first, and destroy it. and then rogues one by one

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
So for Inno is fine this new abusive Autofight option for strong old players, and that new player cant mach with them 2-3 years (if they get a lot of help) until they reach OF era?

Example:
If you are on OF era, have AO, Kraken, Traz all 3 attack GB-s on 40-80lvl then you are almost invincible and CAN use this new funcion, because for you it does not matter if thath "stupid" AI hit first the Rogues or not.

I am talking about GvG where speed are most importat thing, and if you losse max 1 unit per fight because you have +300 attack boost, enemy on GvG 0-75% boost max, then you with 100-150% attack boost, and lower era cant match with it.

This only matters in GvG, because in PvP, GE and Continental map, you have time to manual fight, and noone will breach you sieges.

I think that Inno not know hot this "little" change, will be a massive, huge GvG change for tactics and that this will cut off all player who are not playing from the begining of the specific world.