• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Auto Attack

DeletedUser118002

Being new to the game, my battle strategies leave much to be desired. I would find it very helpful, at least for the first few Ages, to have a replay option after using Auto Attack in my attempt to gain Provence Sectors, so that the different strategies of the various army units can be studied to help strengthen my plan of attack.

DeletedUser112892

Being new to the game, my battle strategies leave much to be desired. I would find it very helpful, at least for the first few Ages, to have a replay option after using Auto Attack in my attempt to gain Provence Sectors, so that the different strategies of the various army units can be studied to help strengthen my plan of attack.
There is already a replay button

DeletedUser96901

if you learn from auto battle replay then you have a terrible teacher

that can lose battles where goods players would win without any losses

DeletedUser113125

If you are new to the game try not to auto attack. Without attack boosts you are likely to lose more troops than needed. There are lots of guides out there. Just google forge of empires battle tactics or put it into the search bar here in the forum. Maybe ask your guild, most have at least one know-it-all who will advise.
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/battle-tactics.12983/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/noob-questions-about-rogues-and-battles.29717/

These threads are a little old, and there have been updates, but generally seem ok.

I have found that with a high enough attack boost in mid and low ages any troops you put in will win on auto. If you want to see what happens while auto battling, and how the troops move, just click auto attack when you are on the battle screen (crossed swords icon at the bottom to the left of the troop pictures) rather than on the screen before. You can auto attack at any point in the battle.

Dragonhost

Private
When I revenge attack, is there a capability to re-watch the battle, especially if I lose, so that I can learn what I did wrong? I can watch the intial attack on my city as many times as I like but when I reciprocate with a revenge attack, there doesn't appear to be a way of re-watching that battle or am I missing it? Thanks :)

When I revenge attack, is there a capability to re-watch the battle, especially if I lose, so that I can learn what I did wrong? I can watch the intial attack on my city as many times as I like but when I reciprocate with a revenge attack, there doesn't appear to be a way of re-watching that battle or am I missing it? Thanks :)
When you revenge attack there is an instant replay button on the battle result popup so you can re-watch, but when you close this window you lose the ability to see it again

DeletedUser

Resist the temptation to "Revenge", it's a knee-jerk reaction and never use Auto, as you've been told; it's inefficient and wastes Units. Better by far is learning how to Deploy and fight well. All the above advice and instructions Re: Replay are entirely correct.
Analyse all Attacks on your City, check out your projected opponent's City and ranking to see what you'll likely be up against before setting your Attacking forces. Load up on Boosts and go for it. Remember that you can bug-out at any time so you can save on Troop losses. While you are small and weak, use Attached Units and try to save Unattached that you win to build the ugly numbers. GE is great practice for hitting your Hoodies if that's really the road you wish to travel. This is a game of calculation, risk assessment and long term planning so think before you predate.

DeletedUser100133

If someone attacks me, I study what units they used, as most players usually only make 2 units per era, then look on the official wiki on the strength and weakness of that unit and attack them with the unit they are weak against, if my attack and defence is bigger then theirs I do auto, if it slightly less then I do manual.

DeletedUser

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Personally, I revenge attack immediately and then for everyday that the initial attack shows up in the news feed :D
A luxury that comes with age, perhaps?
I must admit to responding to one importune chap who tried it on half a dozen times before warning me that; "he'd have me" so, I slapped him and Plundered for the week we had left together in the same Hood.

DeletedUser

If someone attacks me, I study what units they used, as most players usually only make 2 units per era, then look on the official wiki on the strength and weakness of that unit and attack them with the unit they are weak against, if my attack and defence is bigger then theirs, I do auto, if it slightly less, I do manual.
Only two Units? I've always gone for the full pack myself.

Dragonhost

Private
When you revenge attack there is an instant replay button on the battle result popup so you can re-watch, but when you close this window you lose the ability to see it again
Thanks for that. Would be nice if there was a permanent (at least for a week anyway) where you can replay and replay and therefore analyse :)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Normally my first thoughts are more defence when I take more rogue damage than I like to see, then lvl up some more attacking/defence GBs