• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attacking

DeletedUser110379

When other players that have more than 100,000 points difference attack and can beat the army that is defending the city, the only way that we can defend ourselves against people like that is to spend 9000 silver for a city shield. A lot of us can't make 9000 silver every 24 hrs to protect ourselves. I think that there should be a limit to who you can attack just like there is in the G vs. G. Even when they are in the same age as other players, they have a lot of real money that they are spending to make themselves invincible. Please make it more fair for the rest of us. Thank you.

DeletedUser100065

There is a limit it's the neighborhood only. Points don't make a difference to your attacking score. Also why if someones in the same age as someone else should they not be allowed to attack the other person just because they've put more effort into their game. Don't like getting plundered then fair enough try harder or learn to deal with it.

DeletedUser

Even when they are in the same age as other players, they have a lot of real money that they are spending to make themselves invincible.
How is it that you think that money is making these players 'invincible'?
Even if that WAS the case, god bless the diamond buyers, I say.

DeletedUser110379

I suppose that beating the little guy is the only way that you can gain anything and that strategy means nothing anymore.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I suppose that beating the little guy is the only way that you can gain anything and that strategy means nothing anymore.
I'm not sure I get your point. The neighbourhood is full of people in the same age. Points make no difference, only high level GBs and watchfires etc influence the battle outcome. Most of us play for free; only a few in each hood buy enough diamonds to really make a difference. And as lady-lexus suggests, without them we wouldn't have a game to play.

DeletedUser106696

Keep in mind that the whole PvP setup is very heavily balanced towards the attacking player (for starters, every rouge in your army means a "free" hit)... even if they have more points than you, you should have roughly the same tech, and therefore you can quite easily revenge-attack anybody who plunders you to send a message.

DeletedUser102348

Keep in mind that the whole PvP setup is very heavily balanced towards the attacking player (for starters, every rouge in your army means a "free" hit)... even if they have more points than you, you should have roughly the same tech, and therefore you can quite easily revenge-attack anybody who plunders you to send a message.
I agree with that, and it doesn't seem to matter how high your def GB's or watchtowers you got, it always seems the attacker wins.
There are a few with a hundred + watchtowers, + def GB's that might always beat the attacker, but those are far and few between.
And also it only seems to be chancers who are lower era that you can beat with your def. Best to make sure you have full def troops in place (some peeps will plunder if no def, but wont if there is) and make sure your online when your productions finish.

DeletedUser98229

What are the admin going to do about the bully player who attacks and plunders fully knowing you have no chance to defend or to attack back in return.

I am considering leaving the game as I find it pointless to be a victim of a bully.

Kind regards,
Sir_Heat

DeletedUser110503

I'm not sure I get your point. The neighbourhood is full of people in the same age. Points make no difference, only high level GBs and watchfires etc influence the battle outcome. Most of us play for free; only a few in each hood buy enough diamonds to really make a difference. And as lady-lexus suggests, without them we wouldn't have a game to play.
What do you think points represent if not stat boosting structures, such as watchfires and wishing wells, and high level GBs? If neighbourhoods are supposed to be for players in the same age, GBs from far in the future, such as those from the progressive era, tomorrow, etc. in middle ages neighbourhoods, should not be permitted.

DeletedUser110503

There is a limit it's the neighborhood only. Points don't make a difference to your attacking score. Also why if someones in the same age as someone else should they not be allowed to attack the other person just because they've put more effort into their game. Don't like getting plundered then fair enough try harder or learn to deal with it.
Is it that they've put more effort in? Or is it that they've been playing for years but avoiding progress, presumably because they can't compete with equally experienced players, preferring to lord it over newbies?

DeletedUser110131

When other players that have more than 100,000 points difference attack and can beat the army that is defending the city, the only way that we can defend ourselves against people like that is to spend 9000 silver for a city shield. A lot of us can't make 9000 silver every 24 hrs to protect ourselves. I think that there should be a limit to who you can attack just like there is in the G vs. G. Even when they are in the same age as other players, they have a lot of real money that they are spending to make themselves invincible. Please make it more fair for the rest of us. Thank you.
First: Yes, you can make 9k silver per day. Plenty of people do. What you need is a good friends list, a big table with all the trimmings, and the opportunity to spend 30 seconds on the game once in a while through the day, and, once a day, long enough to visit all your friends. Plenty of people manage this.

Second: You don't need to make 9k silver per day. There are other ways of dealing with your situation. You need to develop your city, rather than just rush into the next age. Build and level the right GBs. Do the GE for reward buildings to improve your stats. Play for the right prizes in events. Gather a defensive army. Get ahead of your age on quests and Continent Map, to win higher age unattached troops, perfect for defense. Be active, and collect on time. Have a sufficiently high production that you can loose 1/4 to looting, and still do well. Once you do enter a new age, be as prepared as you can be, and have a plan for what technologies to develop and buildings to build.

Third: No one is invincible. The AI may be dafter than the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, but a strong enough defensive army will stop anyone, even with the AI around to sabotage it. High defensive boost, from GBs, other structures, and tavern. Troops one age ahead, chosen to maximize the effect of boosts. Irregular changes in army composition. You can win several defensive battles, and, even when you loose, you can bleed the attacker of his/her strongest and favorite troops, troops that he/she needs for other purposes.

Fourth: Attacks are a game feature, not only for the attacker, but also for you. Dealing with attacks is a challenge that all players are facing, some more successfully than others.The game has done what strategy games are supposed to; it has provided you with a challenge. When you're unsuccessful, that's not because you're being unfairly treated; it's because your strategy is failed. You need to come up with a new one.

Finally: "Real money" can speed things up. You can reach the top of your neighborhood faster. Slightly faster. You'll still have to go through the same stages, though; there's no instant fix, even with diamonds. In fact, excessive use of diamonds carry a risk of getting an unbalanced city, advanced in age, but weak. Mostly, diamond spending just removes annoyances, making game play smoother. What takes a spender 3 weeks and few annoyances, may take you 4 weeks and many annoyances, but you both end up in the same place. If you have the same strategy, you can both end up at the top of your neighborhoods. The reason why you're not at the top has nothing to do with money, real or imagined.

"Beating the little guy" is a completely valid strategy. You build yourself up to become the stronger player, and then you reap the rewards by "beating" the ones who didn't become stronger, either because they didn't try hard enough, or because they followed a failing strategy. If you're the weaker player in every new neighborhood, you are, quite simply, not very good at the game. The reason why you keep loosing is that strategy does matter, and your strategy is bad.

In fact, though, I agree that the strategy aspect of the game is far too weak; that means that a strategy has to be very, very bad, in order to fail completely. A stronger strategy aspect will make the game more competitive, and create greater differences between good and bad players; small strategic flaws will get big consequences. It's the last thing you should wish for, if you're "the little guy" when the competition is weak.

What do you think points represent if not stat boosting structures, such as watchfires and wishing wells, and high level GBs?
They can represent military boosts, or other things entirely. Here's the thing that will really surprise you: You can also build such structures! With the right strategy, you can be the one with all those points. If you fail to do it, that isn't because the opportunities aren't there, it's because you're not utilizing the opportunities properly.

Is it that they've put more effort in? Or is it that they've been playing for years but avoiding progress
"Progress" can be a lot of different things. It most certainly is a lot more than simply advancing in age. You need to build your strength along with your advance. Fail to do so, and you become a sitting duck to those who did build their strength. And, guess what? That's because they progressed relative to a multitude of parameters, while you followed a simplistic idea of progression. In other words: They've progressed much farther than you.

I often encounter new neighbors who, quite obviously, have delayed advancing in age, in favor of other types of progress. What you do is build your own strength to where you can resist effectively, and then you move past them. The strength they forced you to build will serve you well later; if you keep building on it regularly, you won't have to scramble every time you encounter a developed adversary. You'll even come to relish the challenge.

DeletedUser110723

Neighbourhoods don't consist of only worlds in the same age... well not in the worlds I play in anyway.

DeletedUser110195

Neighbourhoods don't consist of only worlds in the same age... well not in the worlds I play in anyway.
At the extremes, they go 1 above you, and 1 below, but never more than that....unless someone stored up enough forge point packs to spring past an entire age and into the next, up to military buildings of that age, and I wouldn't put it past some people to do that...wait until the moment of a shuffle, especially if it puts them in a neighborhood with people who are an age below them and then fly through their current age, into the next, build military buildings of that age and stomp the ever loving crap out of that 'hood for at least one week.

DeletedUser108047

The neighbourhoods are far more level/even than in the past. There was a major change earlier in the year. My last 6 months of hoods have been single age hoods.

Even with single age hoods you should aim to be in the top half of the hood.