• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Attacked by Neighbour

• Thread starter DeletedUser108451
  • Start date

DeletedUser108451

When some attacks you & defeats you they get rewarded by being able to plunder - why if I defend my city & defeat attacking army then I should get rewarded - E.G medals - maybe get something from the person who attacked - E.G Medals they lose 25 medals or one of their army

DeletedUser110195

This isn't the first time someone's thought this. Your reward for winning a defense is that they do NOT get to plunder you. Defending armies do not die, attacking armies do. If defending players were to get something from winning a defense, then the damage their defending army takes would have to stick, and not be reset after each fight. When you think about what you would lose if you had to continually replace your defending army, I think 'getting nothing' is just fine with things as they are.

DeletedUser96901

+1
winning as defender should give battle points
but that idea already exist somewhere in the deep forum

E.G medals - maybe get something from the person who attacked - E.G Medals they lose 25 medals ...
yes let an iron age player lose 25 medals in one fight

where he needs many won fights to win the iron age tower to win 25 medals

really good balanced value :lol:

or one of their army
that would only be balanced if the defender lose his defending army if it is defeated

DeletedUser103370

This isn't the first time someone's thought this. Your reward for winning a defense is that they do NOT get to plunder you. Defending armies do not die, attacking armies do. If defending players were to get something from winning a defense, then the damage their defending army takes would have to stick, and not be reset after each fight. When you think about what you would lose if you had to continually replace your defending army, I think 'getting nothing' is just fine with things as they are.

Yeah I have to agree with this, think about it this way: the reward is that your armies won't get lost.
Defending is passive, you set up your armies, hoping they'll be able to withstand the attacks. Once you've done it, you don't have to sit there, or even login. The only "reward" I could think about is some kind of badge for setting up good defenses, and winning a certain amount of percentage of the attacks.

DeletedUser108451

+1
winning as defender should give battle points
but that idea already exist somewhere in the deep forum

yes let an iron age player lose 25 medals in one fight

where he needs many won fights to win the iron age tower to win 25 medals

really good balanced value :lol:

that would only be balanced if the defender lose his defending army if it is defeated
Yes but I would be hesitant to attack people higher I would fight people in my range

DeletedUser108451

I would be happy for my army to die

DeletedUser109935

If a war party attacks your village and you successfully defend yourself, the only "plunder" you may get is a few horses and maybe some knives and other same-age or lower weapons. Nothing you could actually plunder like goods or coins or production because the enemy doesn't carry those with them into battle. (Same goes with any age.) So successfully fighting them off is your reward. Be lucky this game doesn't deduct hit points for destruction of your property as some other games do. (Please don't take that as a suggestion.)

DeletedUser110195

Be lucky this game doesn't deduct hit points for destruction of your property as some other games do. (Please don't take that as a suggestion.)
What, you don't want to have to rebuild the thing they plunder, and probably a slew of other things because let's be real, attacking armies would raze most of your city, if your defense fails?

btw, just to add this to the list -1

DeletedUser107476

-1 I do believe that the defenders should get points on tower including full points if the player surrenders at start. However any other reward would be beyond what plunderers get, as they have to hope the person does not collect on time. Your reward system has none of that, the defender would get rewarded straightaway.

DeletedUser110195

-1 I do believe that the defenders should get points on tower including full points if the player surrenders at start.
With no risk to the defender other than possibly being plundered, any points they gained would have to be a fraction of what the attacker would get for winning the same battle, perhaps 1/4 the points. I still say the attacker getting nothing and possibly his army mostly or completely wiped out is sufficient reward itself. If you're competing for tower rank, just denying someone points is significant, killing part or all of the attacking army is a huge win as it cripples that person for a while.

Cuthwolf

Captain
-1 You have lost nothing but gained the benefit of being safe from plunder from that player: that is enough reward

DeletedUser103370

-1 I do believe that the defenders should get points on tower including full points if the player surrenders at start. However any other reward would be beyond what plunderers get, as they have to hope the person does not collect on time. Your reward system has none of that, the defender would get rewarded straightaway.

I second this completely, especially regarding the surrender at start. I mean it's a strategy too if you can put up a good enough defending army, perhaps as @Augustavian says it shouldn't be full points but still something. This way you'd be "rewarded" for putting up a good defense.