• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Att/Def 2 x City switch.

Proposal:
To create an easy one click A/D (attack/defence) City switch

Under the build/reconstruction, there is a revert all changes option, by modifying the way this works players would be able to build a new defence city for lvl5 or when they are offline and simply switch back to their original high attack-configured city with one click.
In effect, players would have two cities to choose from at any time they wish.

Reason:
To make GE level 5 more playable without any existing city attack changes.
Better protection from attack when offline.
Ability to produce a wider range of lower-age troops and treasury goods.
More expansion space for GB's and event buildings that don't fit in one city.

It may have been proposed before but not since the release of GE level 5

Details:
Only one city is active at any time, the last city used will be the players' active offline city
All timers on inactive city paused unless devs decide otherwise

Balance:
Much better balance and more strategic decisions in line with FOE gameplay.

Abuse Prevention
Cannot be abused as only one City is active at any one time.

This idea could be edited depending on the feedback received.

Ev4ma

Captain
I like your idea, but I don't really think it's like a good idea. It'll be confusing for new players and could make the game too easy for others. You also got to think of special buildings, would they produce still if the other city is inactive?

You could always just allocate a portion of your city for city defense.

PK23

Private
good idea if your against pls say why cause at moment you need to alocate so much land to def your red attack % would suffer and most won't re-do their city just for lvl 5 of GE especialy for the rewards they offer for that lvl INNO at least needs to balance GE so it offers other things then just fragments for it to be worth doing and re-balance downwards what it takes in goods to negotiate if they don't consider Xeon's idea

Great feedback, we have more and more building
It'll be confusing for new players and could make the game too easy for others. You also got to think of special buildings, would they produce still if the other city is inactive?
Nobody needs to create 2 cities, especially new players.
GE lvl 5 is much easier for lower ages.
this idea negates part of the strategy of FOE which is to use your land to the best you can
The land expansion allocated is not proportional to the mass of new event buildings

Shad23

Emperor
Nobody needs to create 2 cities, especially new players.
GE lvl 5 is much easier for lower ages.
they would need to be able to get there 1st and most new players can't get through lvl 4
balancing between red % and blue % is meerly impossible for most of us as we want to keep our att we have now for other parts of the game as it is now

I cant play Lvl 5 with my main VF city, switched to another server IND age city changed a few att 3x3 and 3x2 from attack to def buildings and now winning most fights.

You also got to think of special buildings, would they produce still if the other city is inactive?
No all timers stopped in inactive city

Shad23

Emperor
I cant play Lvl 5 with my main VF city, switched to another server IND age city changed a few att 3x3 and 3x2 from attack to def buildings and now winning most fights.
i simply don't have space to place def buildings in my city and won't do a re-do for only lvl 5 i need my att red as it is now for rest of parts of FoE + i don't think those GE 5 buildings are worth the time spent in GE5 a re-balance is defenetly needed for the lvl 5 rewards for more players to want to get through it

I agree shad, higher aged players won't change their hard earned attack cities to be anywhere near competitive for GE lvl 5 but at least the proposal lets them experiment with building a defence city, many for the first time.

Please use this thread for proposal feedback and the other thread for normal GE lvl5 feedback

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I don't like the idea of needing a second city primarily to complete a single level of one section of the game.

I'd like someone with some knowledge of the game to develop it and at least put some level of continuity into how it's created. We go on about fragments but the games and requirements are getting fragmented as it is.

You have gvg/gbg/hood using attack boosts.

Then pvp was added that used attack and def boosts. Unfortunately that was pointless unless you wanted to fight NPCs so I haven't played that since a week since it's second release. It was just a time waster.

Now lvl 5 which has a complete U turn on boosts that has been the focus for 11 years and focuses on def boosts BUT they can leave it as it is, unless you have a high lvl TOR lvl 5 does not matter due to fragments, its not worth playing, it's not worth spending anytime at all building a second city and it's not worth spending any money on events building a second city.

Imagine they do follow through with this as an idea, Are expansions going to be cheap? No. Are events going to be reasonable on costs to build up decent amounts of def boost? No. Is it going to either cost a lot of time or money to complete a second city? Yes.

Am I going to spend a good year or so could be several years to build up a defence city for 16 battles? No.

Re: the defence part I would understand a little more if they had created a new concept for the game like pvp and used defence only there as it would have left a choice as to taking part. By dropping it into something that a lot of guilds took pride into gaining gold and the races too that, it's disrupting a huge part of the community play, players that can afford in goods etc will do it to keep their guilds up but I still can't wrap my head around someone responsible for the game and gameplay thinking dropping def where they have in the game especially into a guild interaction was a good idea. Absolutely makes no sense.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

This idea is DNS

What Not To Suggest?

• Ideas or suggestions about new features. Those need to be put in the feedback thread created to share your thoughts about that feature.