• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ascii Art

DeletedUser7798

Maybe not quite for this forum part, but feel it belong here anyway. I am nowhere near experienced with this so have no clue what I'm talking about, just know what I'm looking for.

Which is to have some ascii art in guild profile or if there are some way to get a picture in, that would be even better. The asciii is a backup solution.

Tried to copy/paste a few, but they all got messed up. Wonder if anyone is knowledgeable with this and could help. :confused:

Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

DeletedUser

I'm some kind of designer (photoshop user) and I have no idea what this is. :s

DeletedUser1094

Hi Malhalla...

When I'm presented to something, that I'm unfamiliar with... I usually search the Web for any info and did just that in this case. :rolleyes:

Search and you shall find.... Here's what I found :

Tutorial for those who want to try making ASCII art. -> Chris.com - ASCII ART

ASCII generator -> http://www.network-science.de/ascii/

Happy ASCII-Graphics making :D

DeletedUser7798

The problem is that there seem to be different coding for different "text boxes" thus, what kind of format would the profile require?

DeletedUser7798

Know how it looks in profile, but how does it look here :p

___ ___ ___ ___
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\
/ /::| / /::\ / /::\ / /::\
/ /:|:| / /:/\:\ / /:/\:\ / /:/\:\
/ /:/|:|__ / /::\ \:\ / /:/ \:\ / /::\ \:\
/__/:/ |:| /\ /__/:/\:\_\:\ /__/:/_\_ \:\ /__/:/\:\_\:\
\__\/ |:|/:/ \__\/ \:\/:/ \ \:\__/\_\/ \__\/ \:\/:/
| |:/:/ \__\::/ \ \:\ \:\ \__\::/
|__|::/ / /:/ \ \:\/:/ / /:/
/__/:/ /__/:/ \ \::/ /__/:/
\__\/ \__\/ \__\/ \__\/

Even worse. Looks like spacing (empty fields) is not carried over. Very common text-edit problem, that I have never found a way around. Anyone?

DeletedUser1094

I don't know if it works, but have you tried "black-spaces"? [Black-space = Alt+255 = Old ASCII-code 255]

...and yes, spaces are treated differently among the various editors within the game and forum. As I haven't seen any ASCII-art in the profiles, it might not be possible. You just have to try your luck...