• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Arvahall isn't loading

Surge

Brigadier-General
  • World: Arvahall
  • Browser and Version: Latest Chrome
  • Overview of the bug: Can't log in. I can log in to all other worlds I am registered to (D, E, F, and G) just fine and I can load the city and everything, but I can't load my main world A. It doesn't even try. And don't tell me Bit Defender did it because those guys fixed the problem and D-G works.
  • Screenshots:
    MGX8xht.png
  • How often this occurs: All the time.
  • Urgency: My main world is essentially inaccessible and the contest is ending soon. This needs a fix.
  • Preventative Actions: None. I tried reinstalling Flash (clicking on the barely-readable text) and clearing the cache, but it didn't work.
  • Summary: Can't log in to A but perfectly fine connecting to D-G.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Yeah. Didn't work. All of them. The sushi helped, though.

DeletedUser97349

This looks like an issue with Flash, not with Arvahall in particular, possibly linked with this issue.

Please could you try logging in with an alternate browser.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I tried to log in via chrome today in the morning again and it still didn't load. This is the third day now. I tried Firefox and it strangely worked. I'm really not sure why it's specifically Chrome and specifically Arvahall. I tried logging in to D-G and they all worked fine again. But Chrome A world just doesn't work. And both are the main things I use. I never use Firefox except to test browser-specific things.

DeletedUser

That's strange, as I use Chrome and have had no issues with logging into Arvahall.

To be specific - I'm on version: 35.0.1916.153 m

Surge

Brigadier-General
Yes, I tried Firefox as I mentioned in my previous post. It looks like I'll have to stick to that browser until Chrome gets fixed. It's very strange...

DeletedUser7719

lol, I am so bad at reading sometimes :p
One more thing: try it in incognito mode on Chrome if possible. If you can access it, it means you may have to clear something else like cookies or offline website date or something else.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Okay, so Incognito mode works. Strange. You mentioned that I'd have to clear my cache if that was the case, but I cleared it before posting the bug. I'll have to reclear or reinstall chrome or something. This is utterly strange.

Edit: Didn't work. Again. D-G still work though!

Last edited:

DeletedUser98465

Chrome has flash built in and it can sometimes conflict, whereas firefox uses the independent install.

Plus to be fair, if you own a PC (and anyone for that matter) it should be par for the course that you ensure it's maintained, cleaned and apps and plugins are kept up-to-date

Surge

Brigadier-General
That's the thing. Everything is up-to-date and I run system checks regularly. I reinstalled Flash before posting this thread just in case it happens to be outdated and it wasn't. Chrome is up-to-date as well, so there shouldn't be a reason why this is happening. The "bug" itself is very strange because it only affects one world through one browser (so far). I use a pretty high-end gaming PC, so it's not that I can't load my world anymore, as that would be silly. It isn't top notch, but it was able to keep my city loaded for over two years. Plus, nothing really happened in particular when this first began. I didn't build anything and I didn't receive any updates to any of my software. The closest thing I could suggest to be the cause of this issue is Chrome itself, but why does it load D-G even though it doesn't load A?

DeletedUser7719

Wait, does reinstalling flash count as clearing the flash memory? (Note that is a bit different from clearing the cache)

Surge

Brigadier-General
Interesting point. I cleared my flash memory (just to be sure in case reinstalling flash doesn't clear the memory) and... it didn't work. Arvahall still doesn't work, but D-G do. Wow. This is getting even stranger by the post.

DeletedUser14782

I remember this happening to me with my computer a while ago...
it eventually fixed itself (cant remember how)

Surge

Brigadier-General
Okay the game finally fixed itself after seven days. I guess waiting really was the solution. Thanks naterichster.

DeletedUser

Moving this thread to the archive - if anyone has a repeat of this issue or can help us narrow down the root cause with more data, please feel free to post here.