• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Artic Orangery question and other thoughts

Sabre0

Private
The Description on the AO says there is a % chance that a hit will cause 150% damage against units of the same age, why is it that retaliation strikes NEVER causes a critical hit?
Doesn't it make more sense to include lower eras too?
With the GbG feature more battles, shouldn't the number of 1st kills from the kraken GB reflect this increase or perhaps changed to a fixed number of kills but A percentage chance to trigger in each battle and no deduction from the total of kills if it does not trigger?
Will there be a GB to reduce attrition in GbG?

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
You won’t get them to change AO it’s very powerful already once you have sufficiently high combat.

Similarly no chance of a GB to reduce attrition see one of the many threads complaining about battleground farming for the reason why.

Kraken sucks only Virgo is worse as a combat building IMHO.

Sabre0

Private
I think u r missing the point, most thing in Inno are as described, the AO GB is not. As I get about 30% of my strikes as retaliation fire, i expected the crits to occur then as well when i built the GB,
also while we are at it, can we have multiple trade creation please, doing 1 at a time is time consuming even though there is a 1000 trade limit.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
the game is easy enough as it stands, players are making huge killings in gbg as it is, so no need to make attacks even more powerful, if anything they should make them harder and weaker attack

Sabre0

Private
Stop looking for non-existent problems. AO works fine and to create multiple Trades simply requires clicking the "Create Trade" button again without changing values.
VP is another question although I like mine as it is very effective in IGE a
Trades simply requires clicking

you obviously have near instantaneous response times, i have fallen asleep waiting for a response, doing trades can take hours; having a field to indicate how many trades of that type to create (with a default of 1) would significantly increase usability of the program.

Sabre0

Private
As to AO, we often get answered basically with " working as description " or words to that effect. this is a case of it not being true.

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Really? I love mine. It comes in rather handy in some circumstances, gives fp,s, and is by far the coolest lookin building in the game.
SeaWorld would be way more fun if they had a Kraken. There’s two parts to Kraken you need to separate:
* The fp ROI is years you’re far better using the space for something else on that account.
* The special ability allows you to preserve 1-2 troops sometimes, which may allow you to win an extra fight or two. Timing the collection to be useful is difficult so the chance of being useful is - being mathematical here - sometimes * sometimes - which is not often.

I don’t “hate” Kraken but don’t love it. Tell me a circumstance where it really makes a different and I’m willing to be convinced (:

Knight of ICE

SeaWorld would be way more fun if they had a Kraken. There’s two parts to Kraken you need to separate:
* The fp ROI is years you’re far better using the space for something else on that account.
* The special ability allows you to preserve 1-2 troops sometimes, which may allow you to win an extra fight or two. Timing the collection to be useful is difficult so the chance of being useful is - being mathematical here - sometimes * sometimes - which is not often.

I don’t “hate” Kraken but don’t love it. Tell me a circumstance where it really makes a different and I’m willing to be convinced (:

Spoken like a person that does not have a Kraken.

fp ROI being years is a nonsense argument. It applies to almost every GB, so you would not built any. You have the fp's. You have to spend them, so ROI is nonsense.

A high level Kraken can give you a 20 extra fights in GBG. Not an extra fight or 2. Those fights can also give you fp's again. Something you do not tkae into consideration if you talk ROI.

r21r

Major-General

fp ROI being years is a nonsense argument. It applies to almost every GB, so you would not built any. You have the fp's. You have to spend them, so ROI is nonsense.

A high level Kraken can give you a 20 extra fights in GBG. Not an extra fight or 2. Those fights can also give you fp's again. Something you do not tkae into consideration if you talk ROI.
What is ROI ?

Kraken is most usefull for GvG , GBG wise ain't much of use, (maybe for races vs other Guilds) but in FP means ain't productive considering 20 Fights in an average of 200 ? daily is small .

Knight of ICE

What is ROI ?

Kraken is most usefull for GvG , GBG wise ain't much of use, (maybe for races vs other Guilds) but in FP means ain't productive considering 20 Fights in an average of 200 ? daily is small .

How on earth can it be useful in GvG? Or in races in GBG?

Are you sure you are talking about the Kraken? It gives first strike, not critical hit.

r21r

Major-General
How on earth can it be useful in GvG? Or in races in GBG?

Are you sure you are talking about the Kraken? It gives first strike, not critical hit.
Because when "First Strike" Succeed i don't have to replace troops so i am faster ?
for as long the bonus lasts ofc, i didn't compared it with AO..

Knight of ICE

Because when "First Strike" Succeed i don't have to replace troops so i am faster ?
for as long the bonus lasts ofc, i didn't compared it with AO..

Do you have to replace many troops in GvG or GBG?

In GBG you can still do some extra fights when attrition becomes to much.

r21r

Major-General
Do you have to replace many troops in GvG or GBG?

In GBG you can still do some extra fights when attrition becomes to much.
well, yes.. ~750% attack and 450% defence, and still depending the DA's i have to replace troops.
as for GBG , i am in FE and with 2 Hovers + 6 Rogues i can do say 10 fights before replacing troops (even on 0 attrition)
with Kraken i can do more !

Yes it is a use (on higher attrition) but can also be used to improve the "speed".

As for AO since it is a thread for AO, if i had to choose between Kraken and our beloved Orangery, i would go for Orangery (in figting means)
for FP production my city hardly ever produces more than ~300 FP's without Himeji.. i prefer barracks instead of FP production :P

Shad23

Emperor
for FP production my city hardly ever produces more than ~300 FP's without Himeji.. i prefer barracks instead of FP production :P
lol i think i have a balanced city , my att % is lower then yours , but without my himeji i always get around 300 FP's per day from colection
fo baracks i use rogue hideouts , 1 champion retreat and 1 barack of unit i want to fill in my unit inventory
my goods ,suplys , coins i get from my GB's and special building outweigh what i need for my city needs
at point where i now have restarted my famous GB program for my guild so they get best prices possible to build their GB's beter then those prices you almost need to get em for free from a friend
i love my AO

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
It’s not high level. I was levelling it with my other combat buildings but stopped around 30 when I started thinking about how I’d use it and ran a few tests. It is worth keeping by that point the fp cost was sunk and it’s a tidy earner. But not worth further investment from what I could see.

We can disagree on this. Fp/space efficiency is important and Kraken is substantially worse for fp return than other GBs. This aspect isn’t important to me though I’m more interested in the fighting aspect of Kraken and would value further discussion on that

A high level Kraken can give you a 20 extra fights in GBG. Not an extra fight or 2.
This is the meat of it for me. My combat is “pretty good” and my experience of it is:
* 0 - 60 attrition few losses on auto against any battleground army
* 60 - 70 low losses
* 70 - 80 moderate losses and heavy losses sometimes
* 80 - 90 heavy losses unless careful selecting opponents
* 90 - 100 can only beat select armies on auto (cannot beat some armies on manual either)

The numbers and descriptions are indicative, others will have different ranges based on their combat.

My experience is that Kraken killing one troop in the 90-100 range does not substantially affect which battles I win. In the lower attrition ranges it may be reducing casualties somewhat but it isn’t allowing extra progression as I do fine without it. So to me the value is saving some troops, and I think you’re better adding more levels to Traz than bothering with Kraken. At least the troops are guaranteed daily. I don’t know how you’d be getting 20 extra wins from Kraken and would be glad to learn what I’m missing :)

Last edited: