• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Army management loading is getting worse

• Thread starter DeletedUser11899
  • Start date

DeletedUser11899

Time passes and my army management loading is getting worse day by day, it takes so long to load. If my Traz keeps producing units I'm afraid later or sooner the game will blow up in my face trying to load all the units I have

I'm on artic age and obviously I use my current age units, rogues and maybe one era below units so it doesnt makes much sense the game is always loading me my unattached AA vehicles, conscripts, howitzers, jaegers, grenadiers, cannons, musketeers and so on all the time, all those units which I never use on a daily basis

and no, tearing down my Traz or deleting such unused units is not a valid option bcos if I play GvG I must have all of them available to be able to defend or attack on those maps

The more I progress through the game, the worse it goes
The army management needs a fix

DeletedUser100832

it's terrible. Even worse on the phone - when trying to do GE the game constantly crashes in the army screen.

DeletedUser96901

once a player had 23000 units and the game didn't load anymore
so the support had to delete half of them

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
make the age filter remember that last setting (just like the one for attacked and U/A units filter)...
at least it'll make loading that thing a little bit easier.

DeletedUser105544

If you play GvG often, then your units shouldnt be stockpiled so quickly because you have to place sieges, fill defense slots and fight. On the other hand, if you are in a guild that do not expand in GvG but only keeps sectors, then it could be a problem because you don't have an oportunity to spend troops. In this case I recomend you to join some small guild and help them in their GvG efforts. For me, stocpiling huge number of troops just to have them makes no sense. Troops has the only purpose to spend them in fight.

DeletedUser5180

If you play GvG often, then your units shouldnt be stockpiled so quickly because you have to place sieges, fill defense slots and fight. On the other hand, if you are in a guild that do not expand in GvG but only keeps sectors, then it could be a problem because you don't have an oportunity to spend troops. In this case I recomend you to join some small guild and help them in their GvG efforts. For me, stocpiling huge number of troops just to have them makes no sense. Troops has the only purpose to spend them in fight.
I agree in principle but you should not have to constantly 'spend' troops in order for the army management to function properly.

Anyways, if you have a high level traz and a decent attack boost then your troop count will still steadily rise even when gvg'ing regularly

DeletedUser105544

I agree in principle but you should not have to constantly 'spend' troops in order for the army management to function properly.

Anyways, if you have a high level traz and a decent attack boost then your troop count will still steadily rise even when gvg'ing regularly
The most troops I have spent so far was on filling defending slots and placing sieges (especially against well organized oponent). I remember cases where attacking full sector took me 50 -100 troops per night, on placing sieges only. No high bonuses helped me there, but it might be sometimes I just don't know when to stop :D

DeletedUser11899

Playing GvG just to burn units to prevent such performance problems it sounds kinda ridiculous to me.
I'm already burning units using auto for the first 44 GE encounters
GvG bores me for a while, I'm sorry :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5180

GvG bores me for a while, I'm sorry :rolleyes:

setting a siege and then having to reload FoE because the army management has crashed, wait for ages for city to load, reload the gvg map and find that during that 2-3 minutes your siege is half way to being wiped out is what really bores me

(the above is of course straight after clearing my cache)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105544

setting a siege and then having to reload FoE because the army management has crashed, wait for ages for city to load, reload the gvg map and find that during that 2-3 minutes your siege is half way to being wiped out is what really bores me

(the above is of course straight after clearing my cache)
Well, you see? :D This is a great way to spend troops fast and deal with troops loading issue. Once you reduce the number of your troops under 10, game will speed up. Of course, it will be for nothing because you will not be able to fight with these few troops, so you will spend some diamonds to train faster or to heal those that you have, and the game will be returned into ballance again. Inno guys made things work excellent, you people just don't see it;)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Yesterday my siege was defeated before I could ready my army for the fight.

This is ridiculous!

There is a fundamental problem with this game, and it's not about Inno trying to get us to spend diamonds. I would spend diamonds if it made the game run quicker!

One of two things needs to happen (preferably both).

1. Cross code the game into HTML5 or some other programming language/platform. Flash is dead. Browsers are dropping support for it, and Adobe are not fixing the problems.

2. Change the way GvG works. Get rid of the bell rush. Devise a system which lowers the processing load on the game servers. It would be great to keep the real-time nature of the battles, but it doesn't work any more - the load is too great. I know some people won't like this idea, but GvG is stagnant in most worlds and is likely to stay that way if nothing changes.

Personally, I'd be happy if GE was changed to give many more levels, with more gradual improvement in opponents to allow weaker players to contribute more, and a bigger league table of competing guilds.

My guild has voted to drop GvG altogether and concentrate on GE, which at least runs at a reasonable speed. I'm just going to ignore GvG now and concentrate on GE and knocking seven bells out of my neighbours. Sorry chaps!

MasterD863

Private
Wow, I can see why people start getting bored with this game. As much as I have a love/hate relationship with it, I am starting to get frustrated. I set "train" on some of my army members last night before I went to bed which required four hours. Got up this morning and nothing has changed. They are still at the same amount of time. What is wrong with FOE? They should be finished and I should be able to move on. Same thing with buildings in other worlds. No change in building times. I am almost to the point where I just want to quit. I get it is a game and they have reasons but it is ridiculous.

DeletedUser96901

Was gonna say.. have changes been made to this since then?.. I’ve got over 22k units and mine is fine :)
yes the army management was improved

in 2016 it showed all units
now only 20 healthy unattached of each unit

and in 2016 you wouldn't be able to play with those 22k units :P