• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Army management auto battle confirmation

Do you want a confirmation for your auto battle from the army management?

• No

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs66

Lieutenant
@bradype

if you get a siege in and aren't spotted immediately then you get a chance to take down more of the 80 defenders before your siege is attacked for a start
when defending against a siege , speed is necessary to protect your sector and hopefully get more defences in

when you are attacking several sectors adding an extra click or delay would make it horribly slow in GvG - it is bad enough already
having looked at your stats on forge-db i see you do not have many battles on any of your worlds so it is unlikely that you do any GvG, try it sometime and you will see
outside of GvG the only reason you click on the wrong button is because you are rushing when you don't need to

making something that is already intense that requires a lot of clicks doesn't need slowing down further and adding 30% more clicks to do the same task

your argument that it slows down both sides merely accomplishes making it worse for everyone

DeletedUser113901

@bradype

if you get a siege in and aren't spotted immediately then you get a chance to take down more of the 80 defenders before your siege is attacked for a start
when defending against a siege , speed is necessary to protect your sector and hopefully get more defences in

when you are attacking several sectors adding an extra click or delay would make it horribly slow in GvG - it is bad enough already
having looked at your stats on forge-db i see you do not have many battles on any of your worlds so it is unlikely that you do any GvG, try it sometime and you will see
outside of GvG the only reason you click on the wrong button is because you are rushing when you don't need to

making something that is already intense that requires a lot of clicks doesn't need slowing down further and adding 30% more clicks to do the same task

your argument that it slows down both sides merely accomplishes making it worse for everyone
I do some. Not much but some. And with a "do not show again" option any problem vanishes, while helping new players like we all used to be keep the units they struggled to win or train. We people who don't care about loosing an army are a minority.

rjs66

Lieutenant
so yet another idea with an option to turn it off, so it will get turned off by a majority who will get fed up with yet more popups every time they want to do something

like i said before - how difficult is it to remember which button is on the left and which is on the right ?

this isn't a kindergarten game where you need hand holding with everything you do

DeletedUser113901

so yet another idea with an option to turn it off, so it will get turned off by a majority who will get fed up with yet more popups every time they want to do something

like i said before - how difficult is it to remember which button is on the left and which is on the right ?

this isn't a kindergarten game where you need hand holding with everything you do
Confusion between attack and auto battle is indeed unlikely but auto battle is extremely close from your unit pool, leading to a certain chance to auto battle when trying to select a unit. It will probably get turned off, but by people who battle a lot, who usually have enough units to not care about a units lost once in a while and are used to the army management. This idea adresses an issue that less active fighters have, and will not affect more active fighters.

DeletedUser99588

I don't understand that argument. Your enemies would be slowed down the exact same, so no advantage is lost.

An extra pop up in GvG would just increase the opportunities for glitches. When things are bad the window panes take for ever to load and having another one would be a royal pain in the backside. The beauty and purpose of the autobattle is speed and one less window panel being opened.

To be honest this idea isn't really needed. Just press the correct button and if you make the odd mistake then c'est la vie. If someone keeps making the same mistake then maybe their motor skills are not suited to this type of game.

I do some. Not much but some. And with a "do not show again" option any problem vanishes, while helping new players like we all used to be keep the units they struggled to win or train. We people who don't care about loosing an army are a minority.

The do not show option is the only way such an idea could be implemented and I suspect the vast majority that use auto-battle would choose for it not to be shown. This is really pandering to someone that makes a mistake and wants someone else to take responsibility for it. If it was implemented with out a way of turning it off there would be an uproar.

The new player argument is not really that valid. New players get troops relatively quickly from BA and IA barracks. Plenty of time to get proficient with the fighting controls.

As I said before I would only support it with an option to switch it off which you kindly added but when you look at it, it means I don't actually want or need it. My preferred option would be for players to just take responsibility for their actions. i.e. if you press the wrong button then that was your mistake. They are clearly marked and it is down to a lack of concentration on the players part.

If we keep following this path we'll have someone asking for a pop when they fight manually and place their military unit on the wrong hex and I'll be there requesting for an option to turn it off. Or maybe they can create a gizmo to give me a quick electric shock when I come in drunk and think it's a good idea to do some PvP or GvG because it normally ends up a massacre, for me anyway. I'm sure it gives some hoodies a giggle when 8 rogues turn up for fight.

I know it might be nice to be able to customise every facet of the game but not particularly practical.

Bottom line is most of us have done it and we all survived to fight another day. I do not need stabilisers added to the control system now or even when I first started playing. We learn by our mistakes and those that don't, well that's natural selection for you. I now leave my laptop out of view when I go out out so I don't get any bright ideas when I return ;)

Vesiger

Monarch
The problem is not one of being unable to distinguish between the buttons.
The problem is that in the mobile app, when you click on a unit to add it to your army you get a pop-up window whose position varies according to the scrolling of the ribbon underneath - and it's quite common for the 'add to army' button to appear right next to/on top of the 'auto-battle' button. On a small screen it is extremely easy to misalign a tap slightly and hit the wrong one. (I suspect this is why Inno have always provided an auto-battle popup warning for the in-battle screen in the app.)

Telling people 'well, you should just be more careful' is not relevant to something that is basically a user interface design issue: we don't put the emergency cut-off button right next to the standard operational switch when constructing a control panel, because the potential for accident is too great. Here the problem is one of a floating window that shares the same area of the screen with a button that can cause you to lose troops instantly.

DeletedUser110531

I play on PC and almost never have this problem, from the few times playing mobile it has happened to me. Placing rogues and a champ for GE and instead auto battling 7 rogues. So I am all for this idea but, if it were to be implemented I think there should be an option to turn it off and on like the diamond conformation.

DeletedUser720

I don't play that much on mobile, but this has literally never happened to me.

I think the costs outweigh the benefits on this one, so -1 from me.

Vesiger

Monarch
in the mobile app, when you click on a unit to add it to your army you get a pop-up window whose position varies according to the scrolling of the ribbon underneath - and it's quite common for the 'add to army' button to appear right next to/on top of the 'auto-battle' button.
And, as I've just discovered , the same thing applies to removing wounded troops - it would have been better to have been flung into battle with wounded troops than an empty slot! (Miraculously, the auto-battle won that time. )

scibuff

Sergeant
Sorry but this is just terrible! I want fewer popups and confirmations, not more. This would slow fighting significantly

Vesiger

Monarch
Sorry but this is just terrible! I want fewer popups and confirmations, not more. This would slow fighting significantly

• This is for mobile use.
  • It already exists when selecting auto-battle from any other context and always has done so, and nobody on mobile is complaining about that.
  • It's just a matter of extending user interface consistency after adding a new feature to the app.

DeletedUser113901

And it has a do not show again, wich also wouldn't be that hard to program since it already exists for a lot of other confirmations (most actually), so (tell me if I'm wrong) the work to do that would basically consist in some copy paste, wouldn't it?

Vesiger

Monarch
And, as I've just discovered , the same thing applies to removing wounded troops - it would have been better to have been flung into battle with wounded troops than an empty slot! (Miraculously, the auto-battle won that time. )
This happened TWICE today when trying to remove wounded troops. The little yellow 'Auto battle' button at the bottom of the screen is located almost directly under the little yellow 'remove unit' button.
It is a major user interface issue on the mobile app, especially now that we are trying to do battles as fast as possible in GBG.

Putting a confirmation option on any use of the auto-battle is not the solution. The solution is moving the wretched auto-battle button to somewhere you don't hit it by mistake (like, the right-hand side of the screen, under where the popups for the enemy units appear and not where the popups for manipulating your own units are displayed). And changing the colour wouldn't hurt, either.

I lost 7 rogues today as I accidentally hit auto battle before adding a normal unit :(

They still managed to kill 2 of the enemy :D

Vesiger

Monarch
Can we PLEASE have the auto-battle button on the other side?
I lost three incomplete armies in GBG yesterday by hitting the yellow auto-battle button on the left-hand side instead of the add/remove unit button...

Agent327

Overlord
Can we PLEASE have the auto-battle button on the other side?
I lost three incomplete armies in GBG yesterday by hitting the yellow auto-battle button on the left-hand side instead of the add/remove unit button...

Can you stop necroing an old archived thread?

Unless you want to autobattle quickly with six units. Not sure who would but there's always someone. Could be a preferred option for developers though and probably a small minority that fight with less than 8 on regular basis.

+1 now option to deactivate included in idea.

During heavy GvG battle action - auto-battale with less than 8 units is a must - most of us use our army until it needs to be refreshed with fresh units.

Status
Not open for further replies.