• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Army grouping

ilizon

Private
I'm not sure if anybody else brought this up, but i'm going go post it anyway. This is especially for us, players who have an Alcatraz built. As the building produces army every day, we can end up with a huge inventory, and that's the case when we have to take our time to browse through all of it to get to the type we want. Is it possible that we have some sort of grouping of the units, at least when their numbers start growing up past the visible list? So we would have maximum 4 buttons with an arrow where we can click on it and display that specific type. It would really ease off the army related actions. I know some would say: you got army, use it! But don't forget, not all of us are trigger happy and are more inclined into developing their city and helping other players. So, yes, i think this woukd help quite a few of us. Thanks for listening.

Agent327

Overlord
I'm not sure if anybody else brought this up, but i'm going go post it anyway. This is especially for us, players who have an Alcatraz built. As the building produces army every day, we can end up with a huge inventory, and that's the case when we have to take our time to browse through all of it to get to the type we want. Is it possible that we have some sort of grouping of the units, at least when their numbers start growing up past the visible list? So we would have maximum 4 buttons with an arrow where we can click on it and display that specific type. It would really ease off the army related actions. I know some would say: you got army, use it! But don't forget, not all of us are trigger happy and are more inclined into developing their city and helping other players. So, yes, i think this woukd help quite a few of us. Thanks for listening.

What did you learn from your search on this subject?

ilizon

Private
aren't they already grouped ?
fast, ranged, artillery, heavy, light
Ok, maybe "grouped" is not the perfect choice of words, but you understand my idea, especialy if you have an Alcatraz in your city. If you have 4 or 5 units from each type, you can go pretty fast through each group to get to the type you need, but wait until Alcatraz will drop dozens or even hundreds of them in your list and then you'll see hiw long it takes to get from first displayed group to the last one, es pecialy if you have all 4 types present in your city. But if you have all those dozens under one button, all you have to do is choose the butyon representing that army type and like this you get quick access to that type. Again, i just realuzed this after i msnaged to raise my Alcatraz.

rjs66

Lieutenant
it only takes a moment to click on the filters in the army management screen

for attached / unattached / both
which era you want
and which type ( fast,light, heavy,ranged,artillery)

then the units you want are grouped according to the selected criteria

what other sort of grouping are you thinking of ?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Grouping and various ways to select and extend the filter functionlities already in existence has already been proposed and to a far more detailed degree than what you are suggesting.

Always a good idea to Search the Forums before proposing ideas (Not having time to make a Searh is a poor excuse - some members spend a lot of time making up an idea –if you can not use 30 Seconds to make a Search, then do not waste 5 min writing the idea) – This game has been around since 2012 and a lot of ideas has been proposed many many times. In fact it is properly best to raise it in the Discussions and/or Qusstion sections to avoid filling the Idea Section with loose ends and double ugly ducklings.

By the way there is also a standard format to use when suggesting ideas – That is mainly to get the one with the idea to think it through rather than just spawning out stuff that comes to mind without further considerations. Just simply read the introduction to the Idea Section.

Secondary what you are talking about is already there, already said by rjs66 and Test Ament:
Choose Unit types [Buttons],
Select the Unit category [Dropdown; Attahced, unattahced etc.]
Select the Era [Dropdown]

ilizon

Private
So basically you don't give a crap as long as you get what you want. Screw the forum, it's rules and it's users.
No, sir. It's the fact that this game is not my top priority in my life, so there are more important things that i have to tend to in my every day life. Also i realize that not all sugestions are turned into game reality, so please, take your diatribe a notch down. Thank you.

ilizon

Private
it only takes a moment to click on the filters in the army management screen

for attached / unattached / both
which era you want
and which type ( fast,light, heavy,ranged,artillery)

then the units you want are grouped according to the selected criteria

what other sort of grouping are you thinking of ?
You know, i've been playing this game for over a year now and i keep learning thiings about it. Thanks for opening my eyes about this simple feature that was always there in front of my eyes. Guess i'm getting old...

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah actual grouping is already a thing. But..... This thread has given me an idea

What if we stacked each unit on the page that shows our entire army? The individual types can stay as is, but for the overview of our entire army it'd be useful

We'd only see 1 of each attached unit and 1 of each unattached with (for example) x5 showing to indicate there's 5 of that unit there. Only the most healthy would be showing on top.

The only thing I would like is for the filters to go back to the way they use to be - more specifically - when I set the filter options I want them to stay that way after each battle!

I set the filters for unattached & future troops and after each battle they reset back to the default - a real pain in the butt - also - it makes setting the filters pointless.

DeletedUser99588

Yeah actual grouping is already a thing. But..... This thread has given me an idea

What if we stacked each unit on the page that shows our entire army? The individual types can stay as is, but for the overview of our entire army it'd be useful

We'd only see 1 of each attached unit and 1 of each unattached with (for example) x5 showing to indicate there's 5 of that unit there. Only the most healthy would be showing on top.

Something like this was discussed a number of years ago but the developers went their own way with showing 20 of each plus injured.

The only thing I would like is for the filters to go back to the way they use to be - more specifically - when I set the filter options I want them to stay that way after each battle!

I set the filters for unattached & future troops and after each battle they reset back to the default - a real pain in the butt - also - it makes setting the filters pointless.

A big yes to this and why does changing the setting in one world effect the setting in another (attached/unattached). Also why can't the zoom setting stay the same as the last time you logged in.

Agent327

Overlord

What makes you think using the search function does not apply to you?

Ah. Well then we can either re-propose, hope for the best or let it be.

Really??????

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...e-army-management-stacked-unit-display.33565/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...e-army-management-stacked-unit-display.33565/
Proposed and forwarded, but feel free to propose and discuss again.

DeletedUser113235

I think I got your idea,
Stack up same units. If I have 70 Rouges this will be showed as 1 Rouge x70.
This is easier than scrolling after the filter option.

+1

Emberguard

Legend
@agent

It does apply to me, I was responding to the thread topic which could either incorporate my suggestion into the idea or reject it outright. I haven't made any new threads yet. If I was going to go through with re-proposing as its own separate idea then I'd be searching for what older threads are out there and see how well they'd fit into bringing it back up again along with what the player interest was previously before deciding whether it's worth reviving the idea.

Thanks for putting in the time to search though. Good to see it's been forwarded.

Agent327

Overlord
@agent

It does apply to me, I was responding to the thread topic which could either incorporate my suggestion into the idea or reject it outright. I haven't made any new threads yet. If I was going to go through with re-proposing as its own separate idea then I'd be searching for what older threads are out there and see how well they'd fit into bringing it back up again along with what the player interest was previously before deciding whether it's worth reviving the idea.

Your suggestion did not bring anything new, has already been forwarded so incorporating it or rejecting it is absolutely not relevant. What makes you think that the request to do a search before you suggest something does not appkly to you?

Thanks for putting in the time to search though. Good to see it's been forwarded.

Took me less than 10 seconds. To much work for you?