• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Armor/ Weapon Upgrades in tree.

DeletedUser

You should add in Armor/Weapon dmg/defensive upgrades from the building.

You can add addition units as well as upgrade armor and weapons.

For example.. a Warrior usually has 10 points.. if you upgrade their armor, instead of 10 they have 12.. making them last longer on the battle field and making fights more dynamic and challenging.

DeletedUser

Hey Fionn2003, welcome to the Forums. :)

A similar idea was created a while ago and it got quite some support and tweaking responses. That idea was about having a seperate tree for passive upgrades over the ages.

I'm not sure if this particular military focused idea would defeat the purpose of having newer Age units.
The transition in stats between units of consecutive Ages isn't very huge in the earlier Ages.. so adding this feature would either render the next Age's units unnecessary if the stat upgrades are too high, or it would render the feature pointless if the stat upgrades are too low to make a difference.

Need more information to come to a definite conclusion, really.
Please use the template Bloodwyn provided and elaborate your idea a bit more. :)

- L

DeletedUser4800

Yeah we had a great similar idea for passive skills that included improvements in unit stats as you research these skills.

I personally liked that one and I like this one as well. I think +1 or +2 up to +4 attack/defense depending on age won't ruin the need for newer age units.

DeletedUser1094

Without a Template and a more elaborated idea, I'm going to close the thread in a couple of days.

PENDING for closure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17

Thank you for the suggestion. We have a lot of ideas for the research tree and may venture down a path similar to your upgrade idea. Thank you for your thoughts.