• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Are you a GBZ?

Emberguard

Legend
but.... but..... how else will we get other GBs if we don't use our FPs wisely? We might as well build up the oracle so that it may serve us in the interim until we replace with something better

DeletedUser

I have no Notre Dame, no Coloseum, no Blue Galaxy, no seed vault, no Deal Castle, no Dynamic Tower, no Capitol, no gaia, no lotus, no hagia, no space needle, no atomium & no voyager.
The last one I may decide to do but I don’t like it’s sub bonus.
They have to serve a purpose I need I suppose.

DeletedUser113901

Not a GBZ, sorry. Know boosts have to be tought of. For exemple, DT is amazing from BA to ME, good for PME/CE, bad in tomorrow and up. Also the GBV, since it is a virus, can't metastasize. Cancerous cells could.

DeletedUser

Seeing people investing in Delphi on swap threads is what really hurts.

I hear you but still it may be useful for people who do not have an Alca yet or properly filled it.
Sadly the alternative is coloseum.
For the size Delphi has it is not such bad GB nor expensive to fill I think.
Also as for m/o goes: no decorations or cultural buildings have to be aided which is likely helpful.

Agent327

Overlord
What is a GBZ you ask? GBZ stands for Great Building Zombie. If you have ever built a Great Building just because it WAS a GB and not mostly for the Supply Boost, Coin Boost, Coins, Goods, Happiness, et cetera it provided, then you may be infected by the debilitative GBV (Great Building Virus). The virus appears to be be highly contagious. If fully metastasized, the virus creates a GBZ! If you, or some other player you know, has built a GB under these conditions, please see an FoE doctor immediately.

Zombies aren't created by a virus, so this is a rather stupid statement. At best you are a GBA, where the A stands for Addict.

B.T.W. this is a two year old thread.

DeletedUser111359

I hear you but still it may be useful for people who do not have an Alca yet or properly filled it.
Sadly the alternative is coloseum.
For the size Delphi has it is not such bad GB nor expensive to fill I think.
Also as for m/o goes: no decorations or cultural buildings have to be aided which is likely helpful.

They'd be better off w/ culture/decorations really.

Spending FP on a building that you know for a fact will be bulldozed is effectively the same as just throwing them away. They'd be better off not swapping, and just putting all their FP into guildies GB's that they want BP's from, until they have a set and can build something that isn't terrible.

Emberguard

Legend
@SirFrancis that depends on how long you intend to keep the Delphi for. If you're going to bulldoze it almost straight away sure. But otherwise? Those supplies are pretty handy to have around. Early on I found it indispensable and allowed me to focus more on goods production

DeletedUser112892

@SirFrancis that depends on how long you intend to keep the Delphi for. If you're going to bulldoze it almost straight away sure. But otherwise? Those supplies are pretty handy to have around. Early on I found it indispensable and allowed me to focus more on goods production
But, question is, are those invested FPs worth of supplies returned? No

DeletedUser111359

Do GE for a week or two, get a premium Culture, and it will provide all the happiness you need for a small IA city while you get the BP's for something better.

I did the Delphi quest on En15, and literally flattened it the second I was done w/ the quest. Have never needed it, or looked back at all.

Emberguard

Legend
It was to me. It gave me a income in return through swaps. It also saved me a great deal of time through less reliance in supply buildings and more output in military and goods buildings.

DeletedUser112892

I remember having OoD. I kept it at level 1 for some time until I got LoA first. Then, it became completely useless to me in terms of supplies income. In terms of happiness, one Public Bath would be just enough to cover all happiness needs.

DeletedUser111359

It was to me. It gave me a income in return through swaps. It also saved me a great deal of time through less reliance in supply buildings and more output in military and goods buildings.

You could just as easily get that income through giving your FP away directly. Then instead of spreading your FP around to several different places depending on what is on the swap threads, you can concentrate all your donations on GB's that matter, greatly increasing the chance that you'll be in the top 2 at the same time, meaning that your reward income will be much, much higher. If the FP you're getting back on swaps are FP that you're ultimately going to discard anyhow, then you might as well just be giving your FP away in a targeted manner, rather than trying to do swaps.

Personally, I've also offered to save people from themselves in guilds I'm in. And take/track their donations to a worthwhile GB of mine, and then paid them back once they got one worth building up. I've done that a couple times, so they weren't tempted to waste swaps on an OoD.

Emberguard

Legend
That argument only holds significant weight if you're in a large guild where you have to either pick and choose the investment, or put a large investment in continuously to see a return

A smaller guild there's no point in simply dumping FPs. Every swap is going to give return so you might as well make those FPs work for you through building up your GBs too regardless of how long you keep the GB. Especially if you're already seeking the GBs in the swaps.

DeletedUser111359

If the FP's are going to just be thrown away in very short order, then getting them donated to your OoD isn't actually making them work for you.

And what I just described works in a small guild too. Again, using En15 as the example. I trashed my OoD the moment the quest was done. And any FP I wasn't using on tech, I spent on GB's of neighbors/friends that had BP's I needed. Much easier to target donations when you're not limited to just 3/5/10 at a time from swap threads. And in no time you have a set of BP's that's actually worth building.

The OoD is just a black hole that FP's go into, and nothing ever escapes.

Emberguard

Legend
If I'm already going to put in 40 FPs to a GB that's in the swap thread then it is working for me to have the OoD go up a lvl. It's an additional amount of supplies that I otherwise would not have.

The other thing is size footprint. Public bath may give the same amount of happiness, but takes more space. Obviously we place the value of OoD differently in how we play. For me it retains value up until half way through colonial age (so about 7 months). For you it sounds like you'd get rid of it much sooner.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

The OoD is ideal for the gain happiness quest when you have patient arc 80+ guildies.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I don't have Colosseum, and no idea if I ever will. All my GBs have been because GBs are awesome as well as they serve a purpose.
Exactly like that ... lol ... well i build AO and Kraken as i like them but also for there purpose!!!