• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Are there gay or gay-friendly guilds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
Not imposing rules on you, just stating that in the game it’s not usually a topic because usually the topics revolve around the actual game. You seemed upset that I replied in relation to it being LGBT so I clarified it’s not just LGBT that statement applied to, it just happens to be this threads topic.
by the same token, I would like to say "have to go, husband calling" without having someone make a huge fuss about the prospect that I might be gay and married to another another man.
Go right ahead. You can say that and it won’t be a problem unless you make it into a problem

LocalFief

Private
It's the 'not usually' that you keep hammering away at @Emberguard that I find deeply suspicious. It was 'not usual' that a person inquiring about the prospect of finding any LGBT Guilds or LGBT-FRIENDLY Guilds which first initiated this very thread - but it did happen - someone wanted to know if there was a chance of being with other like-minded people to enjoy their game. You offered your opinion that it did 'not usually' happen and was 'irrelevant' but clearly gay people patronise this game just as anyone else does and probably spends money on diamonds, just as anyone else does! So why not go for something that one prefers and enjoys? Why not ask for something that does 'not usually get asked?!!

Well it wouldn't be a problem me saying that my husband was calling. All I am saying is that it is sometimes a problem for others who have their own problems with it, especially based on the many intolerant and ignorant attitudes I have encountered through the continuation of this very thread today. Some opinions I have found quite shocking to read and digest ... and in our apparently enlightened and tolerant 21st century day and age! Some attitudes just beggar belief!!

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
Well it wouldn't be a problem me saying that my husband was calling. All I am saying is that it is sometimes a problem for others who have their own problems with it, especially based on the many intolerant and ignorant attitudes I have encountered through the continuation of this very thread today. Some opinions I have found quite shocking in our day and age!
i do understand what you are saying , and the reason you need to clarify what the guild is about, what i don't agree with you 100% (and i find myself doing it sometimes) is why you have to argue with people who think what they think.
i mean, you don't have to defend yourself, let them be wrong and they will be puted in their position sooner or later.
it's a forum, we all say 1-2 words more sometimes, if we pick everything we wouldn't be able to live together here.

LocalFief

Private
I wished I did not have to argue and to be honest, i have got better things to do - but I also think what I think and LGBTQ+ people think what they think and we are all a part of the world and not separate from it, not marginalised from it. Many of us have to fight every day just to work from a level playing field. It is a fight that we would rather not have to endure but we have to do so nonetheless in order to live our lives freely.

... but I do know what you mean @r21r - I think there is great wisdom in your words and at the end of the day, it is about trying to find ways to live in harmony with each other rather than in constant conflict. :)

I'm very tolerant when it comes to sexuality and gender identity. My 16 year old son (daughter) is transgender and struggles with it every day. I do chat about this in game conversations sometimes but extremely rarely though. It's probably the first time I mention it on this forum.
There's a good reason why conversations about sexuality, religion, politics etc are not allowed in game chats. It brings out the worst in people. So much hate in the world :-(

LocalFief

Private
Fair enough @klods hans but I really do think that staying silent over such matters is not going to make intolerance go away, it is just going to increase suspicion, ignorance and hatred even more because all of these things start with fear

Deleted member 109369

InnoGames welcomes all races, religions and personal choices. The question the player is asking, in and of itself, is no different than asking if there is an all Greek guild, or a guild where players speak Italian to each other in guild chat.

This is not the place to debate your personal beliefs. Those posts will be removed. Should this continue to devolve into a debate on personal preferences, the thread itself will be locked on that basis alone.

Fair enough @klods hans but I really do think that staying silent over such matters is not going to make intolerance go away, it is just going to increase suspicion, ignorance and hatred even more because all of these things start with fear
I agree with that. But sometimes, if you promote or flash your sexuality too much in every thing you do (online gaming e.g, where it's not relevant), it just confirms some people's intolerant hatred.

LocalFief

Private
Well, just as I conveyed at the beginning of this thread (and to answer the original creator of this thread @ErickoftheEast), I am the Founder of a newly-formed 'LGBTTQQIAAP + Allies' Guild on Mount Killmore: Gay Tribes United, so if you are interested in joining me there, all would be welcome to do so.

Fief

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Easiest thing for anyone on here to do - do not care for what this individual is espousing and trying to shout out by arguing against everyone's comment - then stick that individual on ignore.

keithjpr68

Private
Well said, Lady Marlena! I wish that people would just allow others to simply express their desire to create a Guild that most consider to be "out of the ordinary". Live and let live, people, and please keep your value judgements to yourselves. Thank you.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
A very heterosexist bigoted one @Powe and also one who lets their kids play / read an FoE Forum when the Innogames 'Terms of Use' specify that only 16 years or older can play FoE.

And to think, it was previously remarked that having LGBTQ+ guilds or LGBTQ+ friendly guilds was irrelevant when confronted with such blatant Homophobia!!

Of course it wouldn't get brought up if nobody wishes to enter into a dialogue about it! It is clearly relevant to LGBTQ+ people though!
this is clearly one of those topics, where if i was post up anything in the way of name calling it would be banned, yet you can start the homophob, biggot, clap trap,
i am surprised you dont throw in the racist chants as well,

i dont have any problem with what consenting adults get up to, gay lez trans whatever
but i do have a problem when they make an issue out of a site, why do you need to promote your lifestyle ? why can you not just play the game as a person rather than a gay ? who cares what sex you are ? except you, some of us are sick of the political correct pandering that is now the norm. just to appease
some of us just come online to play a game and not have to face the same kind of political correct nonsense that goes on out in the real world, and yet you bring it here into the gaming world as its an issue for you, that you seem hell bent on wanting to promote

but as i say this is one of those topics where everyone has to pretend to be political correct and not say the wrong kind of words as it may cause offence, but on the other hand it ok for the other side to throw out names etc as they are the said victims

Cuthwolf

Captain
It's not 'promoting a lifestyle' and I thought such views died out in the 1980s. There are lots of guilds who like to recruit from people in their own country but they are not promoting, say, Serbian nationalism. Your position has the whiff of something nasty - that children should not be exposed to LGBT+ openness as it is wrong.
I hope the mods lock this thread soon.

LocalFief

Private
I would not wish to see this thread locked as now more than ever in the 'Coronavirus Age' that we all live in, LGBTQ+ people are more isolated than ever before and having something like this is at least something to signpost such isolated people towards finding other like-minded people.

I find it bizarre that some view being gay somehow as a lifestyle choice. I know I was born gay ... weird also that us gay people can somehow 'promote our lifestyle', just like an advertising campaign: We want you as a new recruit! Lol, you either are LGBTQ or you are not. The sole reason I responded to this OP @ErickoftheEast was to direct them to a gay friendly guild. I also am part of another LGBTQ guild on Houndsmoor called Gay Knights Rising.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
There's a good reason why conversations about sexuality, religion, politics etc are not allowed ...
Confused. I'm just wondering where the line is drawn on communication.
I am wondering why or what has happened in the FOE forum that conversations around specific topics are not allowed? Some people for example actually require positive communication not associated with hate because of their belief's as part of their belief system. Being silenced or told that some topics are banned in FOE for the sake of a hateful few appears to be a contradiction?
InnoGames welcomes all races, religions and personal choices. The question the player is asking, in and of itself, is no different than asking if there is an all Greek guild, or a guild where players speak Italian to each other in guild chat.

This is not the place to debate your personal beliefs. Those posts will be removed. Should this continue to devolve into a debate on personal preferences, the thread itself will be locked on that basis alone.
Can you clarify what "debate your personal beliefs" actually means? Is it the angry debate part or the belief part?

Janet Devlin

Corporal
why can you not just play the game as a person rather than a gay ?
Can I promote love?

I understood what you meant by needing to be so careful about political correctness. That can be politics in general or is it game politics? I feel like I am in the military sometimes but I am a civilian. The game at the beginning, sorry, I can't recall said something like you can fight or you can trade. Something like that if I remember correctly. I would rather trade as a civilian than fight. Can I talk about that perhaps in another thread or is that not allowed?

I will give someone two hugs for one kind word.

I fail to understand how sexuality has ANY bearing on a guild? All I can imagine is that you wish to deny access from heterosexuals, this is popularly known as discrimination. I've been involved in several guilds and NEVER have I felt the need to ask first if it was okay to join because I have hazel eyes. Nor have I felt the need to quiz the members on their sexuality, fetishes or kinks. Such questions are considered very rude in polite society. So when I say I don't care about your sexuality, I mean just that. If you're gay so what?

Can I promote love?

I understood what you meant by needing to be so careful about political correctness. That can be politics in general or is it game politics? I feel like I am in the military sometimes but I am a civilian. The game at the beginning, sorry, I can't recall said something like you can fight or you can trade. Something like that if I remember correctly. I would rather trade as a civilian than fight. Can I talk about that perhaps in another thread or is that not allowed?

I will give someone two hugs for one kind word.

I like your posts, Janet.

Oh and I don't mind if you're male, female, heterosexual, gay, bi, TV or even French. Just tell me you're not ginger!

Status
Not open for further replies.