• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Are FoE aiming to be the new LoA?

DeletedUser108240

I have seen this Advert many times this year and halfway recognize the drawing style. But from where? It rather looks like it is from a 3D MMO, and the halfbuilt building on the right seem to support that. I never saw anything like it in FoE.
Is it a FoE decision that the marketing should become more T and A oriented ?
FoE_Advert.png

DeletedUser100065

Basic fact, most people that play online games are guys. Most guys like T and A so marketing is aimed at the broadest possible target audience. Personally what I've always liked about foe is that it's a wide mix of players, young old male and female. But sadly it would appear the marketing division never actually looked at their player base and aimed for what the marketing 1.0 book told them to do. FoE ads have always been bad but the most recent ones i agree are insulting to the majority of players.

DeletedUser109385

I agree, INNO is making the female characters in the ads look quite...ehm how should I put this...sexy:D At least it explains why I have seen so many ads that say that FoE is the sexiest game of the year whenever I browse the web! If the ads are really meant to attract guys INNO can try to attract guys in a more sensible way than to put female characters with visible chests in their ads, that's just taking it over the line!

DeletedUser108379

For me it is just bad taste.
Like what they think funny in the monthly video.
Looks really like they do know nothing about their player base.

DeletedUser

It's just a pair of boobs, I don't see what's so insulting or offensive about boobs. However, we shouldn't pretend not to know what sells on the internet. Advertising games with "not real game footage" is the norm these days.
Marketing decisions are probably made by folks who are paid to do so for a living (probably overpaid), and I'm guessing they know what works and how to push it. The game still seems to attract lots of new players by any means necessary, which has always seemed much more important to Inno than keeping the existing player base happy.
The imagery doesn't bother me so much as some of the claims, actually. "Most addictive game of the year"? I'm guessing this accolade was awarded at Inno's own inhouse annual award show?

DeletedUser109385

Well how many people in here are women? And how many of you find it offensive?

DeletedUser100065

The imagery doesn't bother me so much as some of the claims, actually. "Most addictive game of the year"? I'm guessing this accolade was awarded at Inno's own inhouse annual award show?
Some of the nonsense you've put up with and still come back after 4years? Would appear to be pretty addictive. :p

DeletedUser

Some of the nonsense you've put up with and still come back after 4years? Would appear to be pretty addictive. :p
I've a pretty intense fear of missing out that keeps me coming back. That's my excuse. :P

DeletedUser106696

Well how many people in here are women? And how many of you find it offensive?

I would hope the vast majority of women has long since understood that boobs sell, 'cos in men eyes seem better developed than brains... nothing to be offended about, just biology :P

DeletedUser110179

It's just a pair of boobs, I don't see what's so insulting or offensive about boobs.

... to the naked eye. ♨
You can't see smart, sophisticated and sassy.

For me it is just bad taste.
Like what they think funny in the monthly video.
Looks really like they do know nothing about their player base.
It's a subtlety thing.

DeletedUser113033

it is just sad that in this so-called "advanced" society a pair of nice boobs still raises more displeasure than all-around slaughter and violence......dark, dark ages my friends...;(
p.s.- what is loa? (obviously not the lighthouse)

DeletedUser112892

it is just sad that in this so-called "advanced" society a pair of nice boobs still raises more displeasure than all-around slaughter and violence......dark, dark ages my friends...;(
p.s.- what is loa? (obviously not the lighthouse)
I think it is League of Angels

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Boobs, sure, problematic, maybe;
but, the problem has to wait.
We must first and foremost worry about the neck, which is too thin and can barely hold the very big, round head.

DeletedUser115027

Well, this would explain why looking up Forge of Empires in Bing (don't ask) shows 'forge of empires explicit content' and 'forge of empires sex walkthrough' as related searches :D