• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Arctic Orangery Critical Hit

• Thread starter DeletedUser116541
  • Start date

DeletedUser116541

I have just built the Arctic Orangery but am confused about the critical hit bonus. I assumed that the 150% critical hit was based on the value my units took into the fight. But I am not sure as it doesn't seem to be as effective as I assumed and I cannot see it explained anywhere.
To explain I currently have 124% attack bonus on my units. If I get a critical hit do I effectively get 274% attack or just 150%. If it is just 150% then with the various special event buildings that give attack bonuses and if I level up CDM Zeus and CoA up then I will pretty soon have a base attack bonus already greater than 150% meaning the critical hit would actually hinder rather than help if it kicks in.
If someone could explain that would be great.

DeletedUser

As critical as Kraken it isn’t at all cases indeed.
I am no genius in math though.

DeletedUser116541

I'm not sure I understand your reply? Basically I'm trying to find out if the critical hit bonus is useless if your units already have an attack bonus above 150% ?

Emberguard

Legend
No it's not useless.

Edit: Asked for clarification to make sure I was correct.

Arctic Orangery Boost:
If it activates: The Arctic Orangery inflicts 150% damage is calculated independent of all other boosts.

Because it's a completely isolated boost that you can only effect how often it activates its effectively a set amount of damage caused

Last edited:

DeletedUser116541

So to confirm in fact it is as I feared in that if you already have an attack boost greater than 150% then if critical hit activates then you would actually be penalised??? Doesn't seem right also considering its size. Would make more sense if the attack percentage increased as you level up but as far as I understand all that increases is the chance of a critical hit??

Emberguard

Legend
yes the increase is only chance to activate - no it doesn't penalize you for having it in your arsenal

If you have Arctic Orangery, Kraken and Terracotta Army - they all work alongside each other independently

Just as First Strike will not effect the damage boost from Terra or the additional damage from Orangery, neither will the Crit hit effect the damage from a attack boost

the damage from a crit hit works in the same way infiltrate works before a battle - a amount of additional damage that doesn't effect the attack boosts damage from the Terracotta Army, CDM, Zeus etc

Dead-Eye

General
And while we are on the subject of AO, who has one and how do they feel about it? It's rather big but is it worth the space?

Emberguard

Legend

DeletedUser96901

it doesn't increase attack boost

it increases the damage
the normal damage is between 1 and theoretical 10

so 1 damage is increased to 2
and what I like: 7 or more is increased to 11 which kills an enemy with one hit (even if it has one extra life point from the drummer)

So to confirm in fact it is as I feared in that if you already have an attack boost greater than 150% then if critical hit activates then you would actually be penalised???
how can a player be penalized with having an AO
the worst thing that can happen is that the damage was already 10 which kills the enemy anyway
that 10 against same age units is (almost) impossible

To explain I currently have 124% attack bonus on my units. If I get a critical hit do I effectively get 274% attack or just 150%
you still have 124% attack bonus

because it increases DAMAGE not attack boost

Last edited by a moderator: