• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Archived Chat Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey,

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed and/or rejected in the past, however I figured it wouldn't hurt just to get my idea out there.

First of all, the chat function of the game is great. It allows quicker communication between a wide range of players via instant messaging, and it allows you to talk to those not in your neighbourhood, on your friends list or in your guild.

However, one thing that is a little frustrating is that the chat function resets every time you log out of the game. What I'm suggesting, if it is at all possible, is that despite logging out you should be able to scroll up the most recent messages.

As an example, say my guild were discussing something of importance to every guild member. As it stands, if they weren't around during that discussion and logged on at a later point, the chat would have reset and they would be none the wiser. Now, if my idea was implemented, they would instead be able to log on and then scroll up through the chat and see what they missed when they weren't around. I know the message system is in place but it is a little robust and inconvenient compared to what potentially could be available should my idea be considered.

Thanks. :)

DeletedUser7719

My guess is that will eventually be addressed, but I think the devs have more important things on their mind right now.

DeletedUser2989

As it's not really the point of chat to have messages stay there for long periods of time I don't see this being very useful. I think if they made some improvements to the messaging system or if people used the guild forums (for guild related messages) more then we wouldn't need to be able to post long lasting messages in chat.

I think as it stands chat should remain the same and if messages need to be seen by more than those that are currently only then the messages/guild forum should be used. Also Inno needs to work on the Message system to improve it rather than working on the guild forum or the chat system.

DeletedUser2989

This has been implemented :) (regardless of my earlier doubts)

Status
Not open for further replies.