• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116941

Joan does make a fair point that the amount of supplies needed for events, particularly during the Colonial Era, far exceeds the daily output of those in that era. I also had a similar experience during that time until the first time I completed GE 4 and got a terrace farm, greatly easing the supply burden because I could produce around 10k supplies every hour. In the Colonial Era, with those ages' supply buildings, a request for around 80-100k supplies took me a couple days to complete, but the Colonial Age was the last time I didn't finish an event.

It became easier as I placed Industrial Age supply buildings and I acquired a number of mini wishing wells, and in the Modern Era now, supply quests are a joke. So it does become easier, Joan. You are at the point in the game where you are experiencing growing pains. I also like to progress at a moderate pace through the tech tree, having played less than ten months. I find camping an era for years mundane, and my first instinct was the desire to criticize players for not advancing, but I realized that we all have different goals and styles of play. For example, until the Colonial Age, one of my goals was getting the four star plundering badge, while there are those who disapprove of plundering altogether. But all those stolen supplies and goods certainly helped with advancing more quickly. Playing on mobile also helps, as I can quickly open the game throughout the day and usually set supply productions for every four hours on days when I am working. I usually try to keep supplies on reserve and a couple of expansion spaces open before an event. So some building quests can be completed quickly. And keep any finish supply production items you get from events in your inventory for whenever they ask you for 24 hour productions, as in 'finish one of each production option'.

Reading previous comments, I can see I am slower than some to complete quests, 3-5 per day, but it is enough to finish the events. I have a level 9 World Fair, and I am waiting for the next daily quest, so it's just during the earlier eras when you struggle with supplies, and in the Modern Era, gathering goods for the tech tree will be what slows your advancement to other ages. It's true that having a good strategy in advance is necessary towards finishing an event, but also I agree that the amount of supplies requested in earlier ages is excessive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
The event so far, i am up to date with the quests, i have a level 8 Worlds fair, i need 12 idols to get another upgrade and 1 from the last quest will give me max building, without diamonds. I got a few Carousels, which i wanted, a few One Up kits, which i wanted, lots of other stuff, most of which i will find a use for somewhere , missed the medals, because i used up all my tools on other things. no stress i should get enough scrolls in the next few days to get some more stuff, still hoping i have tools for shrink kits, maybe i got lucky, maybe i played well ( and got a little lucky ) either way this has been one of my personal favorite events and i hope we see more with this format in the future.

yeah, I'm hoping events like this pop up more often, was a fun side addition to the game, plus I loved those 6 hour supply rushes, made me zoom through the quests early as I could insta complete every single supply building quest.

Ended up being quite the rewarding event. Plus the Worlds Fair is a awesome building, worth every space it takes.

Agent327

Overlord
Joan does make a fair point that the amount of supplies needed for events, particularly during the Colonial Era, far exceeds the daily output of those in that era.

No it doesn't. If it exceeds your output you do not produce enough. It is possible you get surprised by that in your first event, but if you get surprised by it every event you are the problem. Not the supplies asked.

Galladhorn

Monarch
No it doesn't. If it exceeds your output you do not produce enough. It is possible you get surprised by that in your first event, but if you get surprised by it every event you are the problem. Not the supplies asked.

True,

– Supllies are underated by many newer players – Need to remember that Supply demand gets bigger and bigger up the Eras. Running out of supplies can be a real staller and having just about enough can be riski business. Any player should make a surplus of supplies and coins on a dayli collection average. Coins total should with average normal play be about the double of supplies. Eg. If your have 1 million Coins, then the supplies should be around the 500k. etc.

Emberguard

Legend
Nothing to do with good. Everything to do with time you want to spend on it. DC and GE do not take that much time. If that is to much to ask, then play as you like, but do not complain.
True it doesn't take long. But a players needs for reno/one up would depend on how many buildings need updating and how far into GE they go each week.

A lot of sets or small buildings would have more pieces to update then a city filled with large buildings.

DeletedUser116322

pity about this whole thing is that they offer you to buy scrolls thru' diamonds but why don't they give us the out right option of buying the World fair upgrade kits thru' diamonds?
this way one would spend some diamonds (or buy) and get that missing upgrade kit and feel really great that you achieve the quest goal, instead of feeling really crappy because it are one upgrade kit short at the end:(

Agent327

Overlord
True it doesn't take long. But a players needs for reno/one up would depend on how many buildings need updating and how far into GE they go each week.

A lot of sets or small buildings would have more pieces to update then a city filled with large buildings.

Not every piece of a set needs to be updated.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Most do, not all of them.

The ones that appear as "All Ages" in inventory automatically upgrade. Also depends on if it's a passive or a collectable bonus as to if it's worth updating.

Still point was for the amount of space taken sets generally have more pieces in need of updating

Some pieces of set are there mainly to connect other bigger and more important pieces, and don't have much value of upgrading per se.

DeletedUser116322

Most do, not all of them.
this is what makes the game interesting for me, upgrading sets
edit
in the beginning all little things you get help, i presume when you have a more advanced game, they may be irrelevant

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
There is nothing wrong with the supply (or coin) amounts demanded by event quests...

My general rule of thumb: 'if you can't produce enough supplies + coin to clear at least 3 of each of the "gain X coins/gain Y supplies" recurring quests for your age, you done gakked up!' (at least through to progressive age...)
Go back, take a look over your city, and start boosting your production buildings and other various GB's, etc... ie: a Lv.10 LoA is small, comes early on, and gives enough of a daily boost to keep supplies flowing. RAH may be far better, but if space and/or goods are an issue, then LoA is a decent enough alternative.

I'm in HMA and I'm producing at least 120k coin + 70k supplies per day. Not counting what additional I get from recurring quest rewards (boosted by a Lv.10 CF of course :) )
None of the 'gain supplies/coins' quest are troubling.

Also, if space + production is an issue, then you can always do the following;
1. place a couple residential or supply buildings of your age (they can be gotten for free every week through GE)
2. sell building
3. ???
4. profit?!

Of course, one can also just wait to collect their GB coin/supply collections for those specific quests.
And again, if losing perhaps 1 collection from those GB's over a week is crippling, then well, your city sucks and needs overhauling. :P

DeletedUser

None of the Quests exceed the output of any decent City, in any Era.
The term is: "not Rocket Science", i.e. something which is neither difficult nor complicated, what a gem!
If you yourself, can't play effectively, pls don't complain about your own shortcomings nor yet give bad advice to others.

DeletedUser114213

I am LOVING this event. Its so good to see a different style; hidden objects, no league pressure, everyone wins (if you work hard and choose wisely)
Love it, I hope there are more like this

DeletedUser

Great event, WF built days ago, Carousel built with another couple held in Inventory, Mil Units, hundreds of FPs, dozens of Boosts and the list grows with each passing day, brilliant!