• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Archaeology Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

scibuff

Sergeant
You have been playing long enough to know that Carousels on the last day is not an option. A prize like that is never offered on the last day and if they would do it they would get the same reactions they are getting now. Players complaining, cause they alreay spend their scrolls, cause the last day never offers a good prize.

Well you're completely wrong (what a surprise) - the St. Patrick's event had Sentinel Output upgrade kit on the very last day. Just shows, again, that you know absolutely nothing about this game and all you are good at is trolling and increasing your post count on the forums ... oh yeah, and collecting useless rewards and thinking what big boss player you are. You are pathetic.

scibuff

Sergeant
In over 3 years of playing, the only time we *know* what the prizes are, is during the Summer event when Inno will put forth a list of the prize pools for the various reward levels... even then, that still doesn't mean jack, since due to the nature of the event itself, it's still possible to go the whole event without ever seeing the one prize you might really want.

You really should try a reading with comprehension class ... I specifically wrote **>3 years** and you go and say that it's not happened in over 3 years :? Seriously, you must be Agent327's troll double ...

Agent327

Overlord
Well you're completely wrong (what a surprise) - the St. Patrick's event had Sentinel Output upgrade kit on the very last day. Just shows, again, that you know absolutely nothing about this game and all you are good at is trolling and increasing your post count on the forums ... oh yeah, and collecting useless rewards and thinking what big boss player you are. You are pathetic.

Yeah, everybody was waiting for that one and jumping for joy. Much better than a CMS.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Maybe, but without the moaners you might still be in the Tomorrow era without Arcs fighting against Sticks DAs in GVG
you mean when the game was a real game ? i hated gvg when it was brought in and they cut our attack bonus down from 5% per level to just 3% which gave the advantage to defences in the hoods, can you believe that was how we got our points was fighting hoods only ? then gvg came along and all the mass cheating that followed, now we have arcs and 1.9 threads, how i wish they would get rid of these monsters and make players play the game again, every guild is the same now just gb boosting which never ends, fighting or trying to win a pvp tower to prove your a champ has long gone, as you can just set up your own fights and points in gvg. i still play the old way try to win all the pvp towers which players laugh at me for playing that way or even attacking the hoods but its how i loved this game many years ago and players from those years will remember just how simple this game was back then and the only cheating that was going on was push accounts. can inno start the game all over again without arcs give us the simple game that it once was ? or maybe i am just a dinosaur.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
you mean when the game was a real game ? i hated gvg when it was brought in and they cut our attack bonus down from 5% per level to just 3% which gave the advantage to defences in the hoods, can you believe that was how we got our points was fighting hoods only ? then gvg came along and all the mass cheating that followed, now we have arcs and 1.9 threads, how i wish they would get rid of these monsters and make players play the game again, every guild is the same now just gb boosting which never ends, fighting or trying to win a pvp tower to prove your a champ has long gone, as you can just set up your own fights and points in gvg. i still play the old way try to win all the pvp towers which players laugh at me for playing that way or even attacking the hoods but its how i loved this game many years ago and players from those years will remember just how simple this game was back then and the only cheating that was going on was push accounts. can inno start the game all over again without arcs give us the simple game that it once was ? or maybe i am just a dinosaur.
Honestly, having also played Elvenar, aka: FoE's watered-down fantasy re-skined clone, I can safely say that FoE gets it right with adding in more and more hilariously OP/game-breaking elements.

At least in FoE, every single brand new player has the same oppertunity to gain the game altering building like Arc + CF, building up Zeus/CoA/CdM right away, etc... if a new player puts in the effort, they can easily 'hang with the big boys' in the top guilds as equally contributing members, since GB's aren't tech-locked away for months/years worth of researching.

On the other hand, in Elvenar, their versions of GB's are all tech-locked, so for example, only 2/11 total military focused GB's are unlockable within the first 5 chapters! o_O
(finishing Ch.6 unlocks a 3rd, but the rest don't begin unlocking until the end of Ch.8, so basically, your military is 'uber nerfed for 8/16 chapters of the game - enjoy!:P)
Imagine if FoE functioned similarly, and players needed to complete, (ie: 100% finish ALL research), BA + IA + EMA + HMA + LMA just to unlock access to the 3 staple military GB's? Most guilds would become "Colonial and above only" membership, simply so that lower players wouldn't 'drag them down' in things like the GE/GbG's/GvG.
And on the opposite end of things, newer players would literally never be able to come close to catching up to what older players can manage, which would only ensure that they lose interest in the game that much faster and quit.

Basically, the game is better if it sticks to the '40k design prinicple' of, "if everything is overpowered, then nothing really is."