• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Archaeology Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
What a joy this event has been...not. To think that I've wasted so much in-game resources on excessively dumb and repetitive quests only to realise I cannot spend scrolls on anything remotely useful. Priceless.

Only thing priceless is you didn't know beforehand

If daily prizes are subject to change on live servers, then close off the beta forum, so it can only be accessed by those players who play on the said server, and actually wish to help with functional testing, and are willing to provide feedback. Do not refer people to any beta developments or encourage people to look for future event spoilers, as with that you create expectations by releasing a very valuable prize in beta, and then the only thing people get on live servers is an impractical gondola market, a victory tower upgrade that makes me want to scratch my eyes out, a balloon site... really? Who needs happiness in SAAB, and how much difference would it make for someone in ME and above?

So good to see you understand how it works. It is actually the players that play on beta who give you false expectations. Not Inno.

And I hate to burst the bubble, but gaining 30K happiness (3 times!) is quite a waste of time. Production quests at least have the potential to build up supplies, rather than deplete them.

All that bursts is your own bubble. Gaining 30K happiness is annoying, but only takes a few seconds.

Overall, this event was a disappointment. And before I get called a "crybaby", which is apparently considered a valid argument on here, let me point out that this is a place for feedback. To all those who claim to spend money on the game, it is certainly your prerogative, but do keep in mind that Inno's sole purpose is to make money through entertainment - what they offer in return is always up to them. It is, however, up to you to decide whether to spend money on the game or not. So do everyone a favour and keep the squabble to yourself.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

DeletedUser117610

Yeah you gotta wonder why they would do it. It wouldn’t have cost them anything to let players know that they’d removed CMS from the daily prizes. All they’ve done is upset a bunch of players. But hey who knows there’s still one day.. hope springs eternal.

DeletedUser

Yeah you gotta wonder why they would do it. It wouldn’t have cost them anything to let players know that they’d removed CMS from the daily prizes. All they’ve done is upset a bunch of players. But hey who knows there’s still one day.. hope springs eternal.
I dont have any scrolls though

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Yeah you gotta wonder why they would do it. It wouldn’t have cost them anything to let players know that they’d removed CMS from the daily prizes. All they’ve done is upset a bunch of players.
Inno has always said that there can be changes made between Beta vs. Live releases...
Just take a look at the recent GBG's update - on Beta, they got both the added levels to the SoH, AND, the new Road to Victory building in the same update. But for Live release? Well, we got just the added SoH's levels and we're still waiting on the RtV building.

Sure it sucks that a highly desirable building isn't coming with this event, but well, them's the breaks - deal with it, since it's literally all we can do...
Inno don't care about the tiny fraction of the player base who scream and cry on the forums. Obviously they still make enough $$$ with these events, otherwise we wouldn't be getting such a near constant stream of them.

At worst, I'll use up most of my scrolls today, try to land as many SoK's as I can, and just feed them to the AD so I can then simply buy a CMS or three when they eventually show up for bidding/sale.

But hey who knows there’s still one day.. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Fixed that for you. :P

DeletedUser118370

What a joy this event has been...not. To think that I've wasted so much in-game resources on excessively dumb and repetitive quests only to realise I cannot spend scrolls on anything remotely useful. Priceless.

If daily prizes are subject to change on live servers, then close off the beta forum, so it can only be accessed by those players who play on the said server, and actually wish to help with functional testing, and are willing to provide feedback. Do not refer people to any beta developments or encourage people to look for future event spoilers, as with that you create expectations by releasing a very valuable prize in beta, and then the only thing people get on live servers is an impractical gondola market, a victory tower upgrade that makes me want to scratch my eyes out, a balloon site... really? Who needs happiness in SAAB, and how much difference would it make for someone in ME and above?

And I hate to burst the bubble, but gaining 30K happiness (3 times!) is quite a waste of time. Production quests at least have the potential to build up supplies, rather than deplete them.

Overall, this event was a disappointment. And before I get called a "crybaby", which is apparently considered a valid argument on here, let me point out that this is a place for feedback. To all those who claim to spend money on the game, it is certainly your prerogative, but do keep in mind that Inno's sole purpose is to make money through entertainment - what they offer in return is always up to them. It is, however, up to you to decide whether to spend money on the game or not. So do everyone a favour and keep the squabble to yourself.
Excellent feedback, you are absolutely right lot of players are disappointed, and rightly so... because since I started playing this game last year September, nothing important is removed from daily specials in events when comparing it to beta DS prizes. We still don't know for certain that whether it will come tomorrow.

DeletedUser117610

@Maelstrom Binds it doesn’t require any rearranging to gain happiness; just build the previous age roads over your current ones and then build the newer ones back again. You gain happiness in both steps and it’s very quick.

@Agent327 True there there were no promises but we all use beta as a guide for what to expect in events and it’s a reasonable expectation that the best offering would be available. It’s been obvious from the start that many players were waiting for CMS; to remove it and wish players luck on social media rather than simply stating that it was removed was a poor decision IMO. Don’t assume I’m one of the players deeply upset by this as I had doubts and took the chance for carousel both times they were offered (and said I’d done so in this thread). This doesn’t change my opinion that it was a PR blunder that demonstrates little consideration of the players. This is a feedback thread and players are entitled to say they’re upset without qq trolling.

DeletedUser117610

It is quick, but very expensive in higher eras.
With SAAB roads it would cost 8M gold and 12M supplies for 30k happiness. I expect most high age players have a decent Chateau and would find that cost modest. After a while you have more supplies than you can spend unless like spamming unbirthday (or equivalent) and the gold is only worth a few fp. Personally I like the expedience and time saving more than I’m concerned by the cost. But we digress from the topic of this thread so let’s get back to bitching about CMS ;)

DeletedUser113302

Some coins and supplies, like everyone else in the later eras you must have 100s of millions of each at the very least

With SAAB roads it would cost 8M gold and 12M supplies for 30k happiness.

My point is that building the roads to reach the required amount of happiness (4 times for this event) will take over 40M supplies, so why would I spend that much when I can build something cheaper or even free from my inventory? If I keep spending 100s of millions supplies on each event (as frequent as they are) I will eventually deplete my supply stock. The SAAB tech is pretty expensive as well, so when it comes to happiness quests I always prefer to spend as little as I can. But @Lord Grok is right, this is not the thread for this, I just felt I needed to clarify my position in regard to such quests.

My point is that building the roads to reach the required amount of happiness (4 times for this event) will take over 40M supplies, so why would I spend that much when I can build something cheaper or even free from my inventory? If I keep spending 100s of millions supplies on each event (as frequent as they are) I will eventually deplete my supply stock. The SAAB tech is pretty expensive as well, so when it comes to happiness quests I always prefer to spend as little as I can. But @Lord Grok is right, this is not the thread for this, I just felt I needed to clarify my position in regard to such quests.
I tend to build from the inventory too but if space is an issue the roads are an option. 40M supplies is nothing, my Himeji Castle alone gives more that that over the time period the event runs for, then there's all the other buildings too so it's no loss. What else are you going to spend them on?

DeletedUser113304

I tend to build from the inventory too but if space is an issue the roads are an option. 40M supplies is nothing, my Himeji Castle alone gives more that that over the time period the event runs for, then there's all the other buildings too so it's no loss. What else are you going to spend them on?

2 tech ladder techs cost 155 mill supplies combined in saab, and until I get the best Saab happiness building for the goods production map it's costing me a bomb to produce goods too. And as much as I'd love a high level HC I have to balance that out with other gb's, so I'm not keen on spending over 40 mill on 4 quests myself. Not impossible but not fun either, from my perspective at least. We all have our own way of looking at it though so your makes sense from your end it sounds like.

DeletedUser96901

my supplies are increasing drastically since there are no nonbirthday parties in saab anymore
(damn corona)