• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Archaeology event 2022 feedback thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey there everyone, dust off your shovels and light that dynamite; the Archaeology event is back! Read all about it here and post your feedback below 8-)

Ravenweiss

Private
I find that this type of event is the worst compared to the others. When it comes to getting daily specials you are at a disadvantage. I can hardly find vases and if I do I never get the daily special. And I heard many of my guildies in both worlds I play saying the same. This event it off putting, the percentage change of winning the daily special is too low given that they are hardly any vases to dig up.

Forwandert

Major-General
There's a little inconsistency with the way the tablet final prizes are placed in the inventory. Marble gateway automatically locked and stranded island, Wisteria didn't. For me not the biggest issue as I went to check the gateway was locked but not everybody wants the same prizes locked/unlocked. (Ignore the other highlighted prizes I did all but 1 tablet quests at the same time so tapped a few ge for the defeat quests and got a couple of jades)

Screenshot_20220511-003403_Forge of Empires.jpg

Emberguard

Legend
There's a little inconsistency with the way the tablet final prizes are placed in the inventory. Marble gateway automatically locked and stranded island, Wisteria didn't. For me not the biggest issue as I went to check the gateway was locked but not everybody wants the same prizes locked/unlocked. (Ignore the other highlighted prizes I did all but 1 tablet quests at the same time so tapped a few ge for the defeat quests and got a couple of jades)

View attachment 24293
Not as inconsistent as you think

Main event buildings from 2019 onwards are locked (along with main Cultural Settlement buildings). All other buildings are not. Stranded boat did not feature as a main building, Royal Marble Gateway did.

Luchhi

Private
Rather annoying event.... I've literally spent all my diamonds now for each time the Ferris Wheel has been a daily special. I had many many vases/opportunities and yet even with spending so much each time it's come up I did not even get one daily special!! I don't know how this is possible. Feeling disillusioned and frustrated and now rather annoyed that I spent so much for nothing too!

jayjonbeach

Private
The daily special chance is WAY too low to be even relevant at all, should have increased it or left it off completely many are VERY unhappy with it. How is someone supposed to get a Wonder Wheel now? Some us got it as the special THREE times and got ZERO pieces, yes, zero. 5% is rubbish, 7 is not acceptable either, minimum should have been 10%, or better yet like the last event 15%, which is getting towards something actually meaningful

The event is nice for dailies except while running 3 cities I have not yet found any golden clay tablet so have no chance to obtain the historian rewards.
The butterfly house rewards are a little uninspiring for the space required to get them in my opinion.

KingJMobile

Private
I think the portraits from events are generally very well balanced. I mean, sure for extra stuff like Calendar and Historian Rewards, it'll have to be either Masculine or Feminine. Still, I think the masculine and feminine portraits are, give or take a few, equal in number. For instance, the last Calendar portrait was feminine, Margot, so I don't really see any imbalance in the game. I think also, it is up to personal choice about gender application. I just try and pick an avatar that represents my own look as much as possible.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I agree, I try to pick an portrait that represents me - but equally my success in an event; all out of options on this event. Yes, I am fairly new to the game. No, I am not a flag flying feminist. However, it really struck me on this event the inequality in regard to portraits. Perhaps a small point to some but nevertheless a real and valid one! Careless of gender, we all work equally hard - so all rewards should represent this.
Rewards can and do represent this. So this particular Event had 2 male and 1 female potrait. Last year, this event had 2 female and 1 male portrait (the calendar box contained Margot). It is very petty to worry or really care about what 'sex' is represented by the various portraits. As well, most games are played by boys, or males, across the spectrum, with some exceptions (like Candy Crush which has a predominant female player base).
You have dozens and dozens of portraits to choose from, both male and female - as well as a few odd non defined gender portrait,
To try to use forums to create an issue about political or gender base ideology is very crass and in poor taste. Games are meant as a place to escape realism and have some fun.

Knight of ICE

This is a feedback thread for the archeology event. Not a discussion thread for the available avatars. That discussion has already been held several times and never leads to anything other than threads having to be locked. So please stay on topic.

The butterfly house rewards are a little uninspiring for the space required to get them in my opinion.

Just want to update my feedback for butterfly house set:
Some of the house garden buildings give good attack & defence bonuses without using a large footprint. They can be put together effectively without even placing the house. Similar to the harvest barn set, it's overall very good and worth placing them in my opinion.

Last edited: