• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Archaeology 2021 Feedback

Another lvl 10 wheel obtained - in one of my less active cities. A CE city I don't visit every day and mostly use as a diamond farm.
No diamonds spent, no special strategy used, just dug up everything in the sand...
Two semi active cities, actually, now. No strategy, no diamons, no problem.
Unless you would call saving scrolls for only the largest tools pack a strategy.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Two semi active cities, actually, now. No strategy, no diamons, no problem.
Unless you would call saving scrolls for only the largest tools pack a strategy.
Well, considering that it's the most efficient way to trade your scrolls for tools, it *IS* technically speaking a strategy. ;)

...just as buying only single tools is a strategy, though obviously just not a very good one! :P

suethegreat

Captain
IA got lvl 10 with a final 100 diamond shard purchase, EMA lvl 9 4 days short on calendar, main LMA spent 1100 diamonds to complete calendar in a moment of weakness buying a diamond pack as it is too big a build to have not maxed and moving :) yet the latter also had bonus scrolls from an initial diamond pack and email and a 100 incident yet failed. All 3 cities played same way with very different outcomes, all hardly any daily prizes and no gold pots. At least will not be paying to play soccer again unless Inno hand out expansion squares lollll

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Everytime someone like you comes in and posts yet another whiny sulky crybaby post, I also ask, why do you bother to log in?
As far as me, I happily have enough upgrades/kits to start a 2nd Wheel on every world I am on, I have completed or will complete the tablets as well as the calendar, and all this without crying a river or spending a diamond. (note: not quite true, I spent 400 diamonds on the mystery box in an attempt to get a checkmate square, 1 time, but I was not going to waste any more than that - however, these 400 diamonds spent did not help me to complete anything, so I consider it no diamond spent)

You're in TE and your city is full of decorations, production and goods buildings...Be quiet you pathetic noob. I will quite enjoy plundering your guildmates for your choice of words.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
If you needed dias to complete the calendar, then you simply did a poor job in utilizing your tools, and also probably didn't take full advantage of the daily challenge option...

Again, my tiny pathetic FtP HMA cities easily cleared the calendar and had 5 and 3 'extra' gems they picked up on the final day. (which turned out to reward 10 scrolls each as the calendar had been fully collected, so nice surprise there!)

My main city on N-world:
0 dias spent.
13 grand prizes (264 idols collected)
calendar completed
32 tablets completed (no gold tablet sadly. :()

My dia farm on J-world:
0 dias psent.
11 grand prizes (227 idols collected)
calendar completed
2 tablets completed (don't care about spending extra time on this world :P)

Success or failure in this event (and the past couple Halloween events) depends entirely on how well you maximise your tool usage.

Dynamite is my personal favourite, since it's great for effectively sneaking around those annoying brick walls and otherwise opening a path that would otherwise have eaten up 2-4+ other tools!
Sure I never typically get more than 3-4 blocks removed with it, but it's real value for me is how it gives multiple options to use the other tools more effectively. ;)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Dynamite is my personal favourite, since it's great for effectively sneaking around those annoying brick walls and otherwise opening a path that would otherwise have eaten up 2-4+ other tools!
And did you realize that there is an achievement available for using the dynamite at its most effective? I did not, and was quite surprised when it popped up on my screen.

Success or failure in this event (and the past couple Halloween events) depends entirely on how well you maximise your tool usage.

Sure I never typically get more than 3-4 blocks removed with it, but it's real value for me is how it gives multiple options to use the other tools more effectively. ;)
I said, I didn't use any strategy. However, the way I used the tools on the sand blocks, is somewhat strategic, of course.
I did pick up all the hidden items, though. Which is kind of stupid, obviously. I didn't complete any calendars. If I'd been a little more selective about which items to pick up, I'd probably have completed the calendars too. I got all Ferris Wheel upgrades in 3 cities easily, though, by just picking up everything.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
And did you realize that there is an achievement available for using the dynamite at its most effective? I did not, and was quite surprised when it popped up on my screen.
I've got the 'Sandblaster' achievement at silver level in my main & bronze level in my dia farm. ;)

It's a cute achievement, but getting a proper set-up for it, and then using a bunch of brushes to set it up is a royal PITA, and of course, not really worth the waste in tools...

Powe

Brigadier-General
I almost made it, but I missed the last day of the event so I only have level 7. Maybe I'll finish the next event.

Dead-Eye

General
I had to spend diamonds in 3 of my worlds. Not fussed as they are diamond mines anyway. I didn't seem to do well getting wells this time round. I usually get 7-8 on each world. Only got 3-4 this time. Oh well. At least the Ferris Wheel looks nice.