• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Archaeology 2021 Feedback

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Wow, another stupid event where you can't get the end prize even though you finished all of the quest. This game has turned into a pay to win, why do I bother to still log in.
Everytime someone like you comes in and posts yet another whiny sulky crybaby post, I also ask, why do you bother to log in?
As far as me, I happily have enough upgrades/kits to start a 2nd Wheel on every world I am on, I have completed or will complete the tablets as well as the calendar, and all this without crying a river or spending a diamond. (note: not quite true, I spent 400 diamonds on the mystery box in an attempt to get a checkmate square, 1 time, but I was not going to waste any more than that - however, these 400 diamonds spent did not help me to complete anything, so I consider it no diamond spent)

suethegreat

Captain
Thing is it is purely down to luck. If the items are not in the sand then no amount of clever play will find them. Almost at end of event and not one gold pot in 3 cities with all greyed out sand exposed yet others may have found it early on. A 100 scroll incident in one city but not elsewhere. Maybe if those that have or will achieve lvl10 can reveal their age there may be a pattern. IA seems possible but EMA and LMA not without significant extra diamond spend.

Maybe if those that have or will achieve lvl10 can reveal their age there may be a pattern.
I'm in SAV in my main city, where I got all upgrades. But the luck or randomness of it has nothing to do with age. The chance to get 100 scrolls from an incident is the same in all ages, and you don't find more hidden items in the sand in SAV than in EMA.
Well, I don't know that for sure, of course. But why would there be a difference?

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Thing is it is purely down to luck. If the items are not in the sand then no amount of clever play will find them. Almost at end of event and not one gold pot in 3 cities with all greyed out sand exposed yet others may have found it early on. A 100 scroll incident in one city but not elsewhere. Maybe if those that have or will achieve lvl10 can reveal their age there may be a pattern. IA seems possible but EMA and LMA not without significant extra diamond spend.
achieved in both worlds, one in Contemporary, the other in LMA. In fact, LMA has a 2nd base and working on another upgrade that I may get before things end. My LMA has been ahead of my Contemporary the whole Event.

By the end of the Event, it does appear that those Players who went for vases, had a much less likelihood of getting a levelled wheel (just like the various guides said). It was said this event was to be played either by trying for dailies, or ignoring the dailies and moving through the sand (which was a far, far greater chance of getting a fully levelled Wheel, and more).

By the end of the Event, it does appear that those Players who went for vases, had a much less likelihood of getting a levelled wheel (just like the various guides said). It was said this event was to be played either by trying for dailies, or ignoring the dailies and moving through the sand (which was a far, far greater chance of getting a fully levelled Wheel, and more).
As I've already said earlier, I didn't use any special strategy or anything, like not digging up the vases or whatever. I just dug up everything that appeared in the sand. And I still managed to get all 10 upgrades (+some). But yeah, right, maybe I was just lucky. Maybe I got a lot of scrolls from incidents or something. I really don't know. I didn't keep track of anything. I just pushed on without thinking much about how to do it the best way.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I think this Event's been ok, really.
Some parts don't work for me so I ignore them (gem shard quests, calendar, some tablet quests).
I play on 3 worlds, IronA, HMA, CA. I'll definitely get a full Wheel on two of them and probably a level 8/9 on the other (HMA).
No grindfest, no diamonds, no completed calendars, no completed tablet sets.
Done some tablet quests (those that I can do most easily) but not all.

Unlike some, I don't come to an Event expecting a fully upgraded prize. I can wait until next year and finish upgrading it, if need be.
No need to have things instantly.
Not getting the full prize in one go does not make it a stupid Event.

I think a lot of this Event is how you use the digging tools. There's a technique to it, exposing the most tiles at a time with what tools you've got.
I also save scrolls and only buy the large tool pack (more tools for your scrolls).
Pick a strategy and choose what to uncover to fit that strategy. Don't waste tools.
I went with prioritising the golden idols which meant ignoring the vases, avatar portraits, some tablets, etc.

And, honestly, it's not hard. I've just plodded along.
You need patience in this game.

Chilliwilli

Private
I'm in EMA and I have done it but not without the calendar, And to get the Calendar I had to do the daily quest(every day) to get the shards and that was the only way I could complete it.But I ended up with one extra upgrade so that can go to the dealer.But I did uncover everything I could and only used the 395 tool kits,But I got nowhere near the tablets needed to complete a set,Well got loads of Tablets but all common only one silver.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
HMA in both worlds I play:
'Main' world will easily achieve the Calendar prize & likely get all 9 upgrades required from grand prizes. (...+2 selection kits from the calendar + 1 more from the previous event surprise box)

Also thus far have completed 22 total tablets w/1 more I'm working on.
Sadly, I have yet to see the 'gold' tablet anywhere, and I probably won't that bonus this year. :(

Incidents have been gak awful... only collected a total of 80 scrolls thus far from them... usually been finding 0-5/day, with a couple days getting 10-20 total.

'Junk/Dia Farm' world will be basically same (will get the Calendar completed), but I think I might be 1 upgrade short on the grand prize rotation? Will have to wait and see. ;)

Haven't done a single tablet here, nor been as rigorous in hunting down incidents.

Conclusions:
Event is great, as always, I LOVE this one!;)

However, the incidents this year especially have been beyond pointless trash, to the point of being a 'why bother' option.
Likewise, the chances of finding all 8 tablets across the event seems to be a total crap-shoot... Most of my fellow guildies will miss the table reward by 1-2, while a couple fellows have instead found 2-3+ full sets! o_O

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
You can. I did. Others did too. Read above. Many I know already got it, without paying diamonds.
There's more to an event than just finishing the quests to get the main prize. The quests give you some of the "tools" (event currency) you need to win the prize.

I've been playing for years, I don't need advice from a noob like you.

RegV

Corporal
I've been playing for years, I don't need advice from a noob like you.

And Yet....

Wow, another stupid event where you can't get the end prize even though you finished all of the quest. This game has turned into a pay to win, why do I bother to still log in.

I'm more of a noob than Hans, but I had no problem getting the 'end prize' in either of my NOOB cities.
Maybe you DO need advice from noobs. Maybe you've gotten old and crufty and all entitelemented.

...why do I bother to still log in.
No clue.

DeletedUser

Ended up with level 7s and 8s, quite happy with that. Took a week off from FoE. Yes, I have a life!:P

Janet Devlin

Corporal
The sav of the Ema in the HMa after IA while taking the mRna's is giving me the dt's.
Had to look the meaning of "Crufty" and decided that it is a very cool word!!
:D
Can someone please define what "have a life means"?

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
No diamonds spent hardly any daily gems and repeated around 5 of the clay tablets and picked up the lvl10 Ferris wheel, think I was lucky in comparison

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
My main city managed all required upgrades and even just squeezed out the 2nd copy of the Lv1 Ferris Wheel from the grand prize rotation, no diamonds spent.
Also couldn't for the life of me find the gold tablet, so missed out on that bonus this year. However I still managed to complete 32 tablets in total, which netted me 640!! bonus scrolls. o_O

The Calendar was perfect IMHO - please, DON'T change a thing about it!!!
It's a very good choice FtP players are forced to make; going for the calendar forces you to ignore daily prizes entirely, OR, ignore the calendar, and aim for daily prizes.
Again, a very decent choice if options players must decide for themselves as the very start of the event, and then have the discipline to carry it throughout the entirety of the event... and of course, if you *do* want both, then be prepared to open up your wallet. :P

Another lvl 10 wheel obtained - in one of my less active cities. A CE city I don't visit every day and mostly use as a diamond farm.
No diamonds spent, no special strategy used, just dug up everything in the sand...