• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Arc - The End of FOE?

DeletedUser

OK - so it's been nerfed (or nerf herded by some moof milkers) - whatever, at level 60 it's already destroying the game for many many people, i know of many who have already quit because of it, and maybe because it's been nerfed the exponential situation isn't going to happen - however it does mean that those with such high level arc's will be capitalising on everyone else, by profiting and taking the lion share of blueprints, making it much much harder for new players and those who dont live and breath the game, because they actually have normal working lives.
The reason I started playing this game was simply because you didn't need to be online 16hrs a day to enjoy it. you could come on, have some fun, compete in a hood of your apprx equals etc. however a guild with 2 or 3 very high level arc's, WILL use multi accounts (ip address switching is too easy) who WILL maintain 'members' in lower ages and level up those arc's - really, it's already happening - and you know it is.
should be nerf herded at level 20 to 0.5, and to 0.1 by level 40 and to 0.0001 by level 60 - BOTH goods AND fp rewards, because what's happening with Arc is already bonkers.
As i started this thread by saying - the players with very high Arc's already will obviously argue against this, and of course so will some who are in there guild and in line for some major levelling themselves.

Oh, and all your graphs are pointless, basing it simply on return benefit of putting into your own arc - they are profiting from other people's gb's - this 'profit' then goes into there own arc, which then makes there arc cost effective for other's to donate into - your graph's dont take that into account.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12146

The reason I started playing this game was simply because you didn't need to be online 16hrs a day to enjoy it. you could come on, have some fun, compete in a hood of your apprx equals etc..
So you cannot do that anymore?

Alcatraz also "destroyed" the game. Let's nerf Alcatraz, so it gives 0,05 army by level (20levels for 1army).
Cape is giving too much FP's. Let's nerf it to 0,1FP per level.
Frontenac is also giving too much bonus, let's nerf it to 1% per level.

Game is evolving! Go with the flow or just quit.

DeletedUser100832

So you cannot do that anymore?

Alcatraz also "destroyed" the game. Let's nerf Alcatraz, so it gives 0,05 army by level (20levels for 1army).
Cape is giving too much FP's. Let's nerf it to 0,1FP per level.
Frontenac is also giving too much bonus, let's nerf it to 1% per level.

Game is evolving! Go with the flow or just quit.

yeah, in the wrong direction

it is true that with the arc the people who are online more to advertise and push it constantly and also to snipe other people's GB's get an advantage

As i started this thread by saying - the players with very high Arc's already will obviously argue against this, and of course so will some who are in there guild and in line for some major levelling themselves.

I have a level 42 arc and I agree with you ))

DeletedUser12146

it is true that with the arc the people who are online more to advertise and push it constantly and also to snipe other people's GB's get an advantage
OFC they get advantage, they are online more :D It is the same story with or without Arc.

DeletedUser109268

The game is evolving but how? this is the point KinkyB is trying to make. HOW? Do you think is it enjoyable for the rest of us who do not even think to reach any Arc anytime soon? The Arc was a mistake and it make "some people's play life" easy and abusive towards others.

Graphs or not, nerfing or not, I am realising that this game has become not enjoyable any longer... and btw, could the mathematicians in here create graphs to describe my (and many others) disappointment and bad feelings as well? Thanks

DeletedUser109268

Well, tuttipizze .. what can I say?... you did not get the sarcasm behind my request but you literally did the job lmao.

For those who name or mock who has a different opinion:

It is interesting that you guys describe who has a different opinion as a whiner because I am pretty sure if developers decide to nerf your High level Arcs, you guys who own them will become yourself " whining people across the forum".

It is also interesting that I haven't accused anyone but only express an opinion or a feeling I personally have and POOF I will most likely become a whining person.

Too bad because FORUM comes from Latin and it is a place where we are supposed to express our opinion freely and with each other respect.

I do not think it is me or anyone else who can decide or find a solution is here but certainly it is onyone right to express anything without causing personal attacks for personal interests.

But this is often not understood and That's life.

I will end my comment with a wise quote (not made by me but by one of the most brilliant writers ever existed):

" I may disagree with your opinion but I would certainly fight to death to defend your right to express it" . M. Proust

Over and out

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106685

Hehe I know :)
It's clear that not everybody will be able to get an Arc up to level 80.
Simply because they don't have a lot of time to play this game, compared to others.
Or they don't have any high Arcs in their guild or friend list to help them level up faster.
And even if they do have a high Arc eventually, they won't be able to profit as much from it, for the same reason.

Doesn't matter what you opinion is on it. Some people say it's fair, others say it's not.
But it won't change anything. It's there now, so we have to deal with it.

Some say it's killing the game, I just say it has changed the game.
If you want to compete, you have to adapt to changing circumstances.
If the Arc were to be removed from the game tomorrow, I'll just find another way to get the most from my resources.
...after I go whining about it on the forums of course :P

Everybody can have their opinion about it, that's what we're here for :)

DeletedUser100832

then what's the point commenting on any game design issue? Just adapt to it, keep calm and carry on, it won't change anything, deal with it.

why even bother having an ideas or feedback sections, just accept what you are given and don't grumble?

DeletedUser109268

Matter of fact, I agree with what you are saying Medribradrion. On top of that, I would like to highlight something else: since I read threads in this Forum I detect an over-use or I could say an abuse of the word " whining" . It looks like if you disagree" you are whining" ... If you express something against certain people "you are whining" ... I find it awkward because on the other hand, reading even more carefully, I realised that these certain people are the ones who are whining the most in here...

Anything you say against them , here they roar the motto" you are bad at the game shut up and stop whining" ... like they own what is right... very funny! LOL

DeletedUser106685

Everybody should voice their opinion, and give feedback to make the game better. Why not.
It's just that some people here suffer form a false sense of entitlement, like the game owes them something.
They talk like the game should make changes to fit their style of play, instead of the other way around.
Especially in the ranking thread, you see people demanding the coins/supplies points back, because that's the only way they can get points, since they're not doing much else in the game besides farming.
If you ask me, it's those people that fit the "whining" label.

DeletedUser106685

Good point :)

Usually it contains some kind of meaningless threat about not buying diamonds anymore, or quitting the game altogether. Those posts qualify for me.

DeletedUser

i make no claim the game owes me anything or have any falst sense of entitlement.
I also applaud the entry from someone with a level 45 arc who said simply - i totally agree.
here is the simplicity of my argument in a nutshell, which is waht makes all those claims of 'nerfing' pointless and those graph's a complete wate of time.
This is an actual right now example : on A world
a player with level 45 arc, has 1 donation, from a player with level 54 arc. the donation is exactly 50% of the points needed for that level (1180), thereby ensuring top spot and a reward of 705fp - with his level54 Arc, that has cost him absolutely nothing, in fact a small amount of profit, while ensureing he also get's 10bp's (level 55 sorted), and nearly 18k medals.
hmmm, and some of you dont see the problem with that?

My reason for making this posting is that I like the game, not that i think it owe's me - in fact the reverse is true - i owe it - and in this case i owe it to speak up for the voice of simple common sense, i can see that this is simply going to kil the game, i know of people quitting over it, and i know of guilds who are already creating there multi accounts with arc's to supply goods to dominate in all ages on the gvg map.

I have always enjoyed the game's evolvement, and I like the Arc as a GB. However, the Arc has the potential to undermime the game completely and that's not something most actual game players want to see.
So, in summery - that's an actual example of the extent of the problem, and you only have to look at all the more developed worlds at the incredible explosion of stupedously high Arc's to see it first hand. All those Arc's however are within the same 2 or 3 guilds on each world, and that will be it now. On Cirgaard you already have a single co-operative of multiple guilds (cant speak for other worlds) where players switch from one guild to the other daily, add the Arc to that..... ho humm
i'll keep playing till it bore's me, but i do enjoy the game, and started this debate purely for that reason - As Arc stands i foresee the possible demise of a game i love. I hope i'm wrong.

DeletedUser100832

Matter of fact, I agree with what you are saying Medribradrion. On top of that, I would like to highlight something else: since I read threads in this Forum I detect an over-use or I could say an abuse of the word " whining" . It looks like if you disagree" you are whining" ... If you express something against certain people "you are whining" ... I find it awkward because on the other hand, reading even more carefully, I realised that these certain people are the ones who are whining the most in here...

Anything you say against them , here they roar the motto" you are bad at the game shut up and stop whining" ... like they own what is right... very funny! LOL

you see this in every game. I already made a long post about it https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-arc-is-too-powerful.31241/page-7#post-189180

every game has a mafia of 'top users' who only ever care about improving themselves and not the game as a whole. How well the developers succeed in ignoring them is directly proportional to how well the game progresses.

Everybody should voice their opinion, and give feedback to make the game better. Why not.
It's just that some people here suffer form a false sense of entitlement, like the game owes them something.
They talk like the game should make changes to fit their style of play, instead of the other way around.
Especially in the ranking thread, you see people demanding the coins/supplies points back, because that's the only way they can get points, since they're not doing much else in the game besides farming.
If you ask me, it's those people that fit the "whining" label.

yes. But I will make a correction: I would also include people who talk like the game should _avoid_ making changes because the current situation fits their style of play. Basically, they discover a cheap exploit and shout down anyone who wants to shut it down for the common good.

DeletedUser653

mine is at level 14 working towards lvl 60 in 3months or less hopefully,k so come join in on A world
nice bit of honesty and i think we are all thinking the same.

and if we are being honest then we all know Addonexus is taking top spot in many of the arcs in Houndsmoor and the proof is that it is at Level 85 out of 250. So how many BPs/FP's were won to get L250 opened !
So this Arc is indeed causing big effects on all players in Houndsmoor and I think does need capping

DeletedUser100832

nice bit of honesty and i think we are all thinking the same.

and if we are being honest then we all know Addonexus is taking top spot in many of the arcs in Houndsmoor and the proof is that it is at Level 85 out of 250. So how many BPs/FP's were won to get L250 opened !
So this Arc is indeed causing big effects on all players in Houndsmoor and I think does need capping

if you mean that Addo is depriving others of blueprints, I wouldn't worry about that. Arc blueprints are increasingly easier to come by just because there are so many of them around now.

the problem isn't that. The problem is that high-level Gb's are _so_ much more of an attractive proposition to donate to than lower-level ones. And that needs to be reversed. People should be encouraged - by a change in the rewards system - to donate to lower-level GB's, levelling GB's should become harder and not easier as you progress.

DeletedUser4800

What I don't understand is how can anyone have level 80 GB? It seems to me almost impossible, assuming you are also leveling other GB's as well. If you just focus 1 GB, you'd still need at least 15 days to level up the arc above level 10, assuming you get about 60fp per day.

DeletedUser100832

What I don't understand is how can anyone have level 80 GB? It seems to me almost impossible, assuming you are also leveling other GB's as well. If you just focus 1 GB, you'd still need at least 15 days to level up the arc above level 10, assuming you get about 60fp per day.

the rewards from high level gbs are so massive that it becomes easier and easier as you go along. I do 1 level of arc every 2 to 3 days without trying too hard