• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Arc Monster

DeletedUser102273

What do Inno Games propose to do about the 'monster' they have created by introducing the Arc building and the added 'extra' of increasing returns on gb fp contributions the higher the level it reaches.

We are seeing, in our guild on Houndsmoor, instances of guild members contributing regularly to another members GB (in this instance Alcatraz), so building up their input and potential returns when the gb levels, only to have 2 neighbourhood players lump large sums into the gb to secure 1st & 2nd spot, where they have their Arc's at levels 86 and 75 respectively, and giving returns of 90.6% and 87.5%, so not only do they get the high return for top spot, they are effectively doubling this through their Arc reward. This is therefore creating a snowballing effect - they receive ever more fp's and the 'regular' players, who have not spent hundreds of pounds on diamonds to quickly level up on their gb's, are left to pick up the scraps and fall further behind.
Inno have only just revamped the scoring system to try to prevent these money players from outperforming and to try and create a more level playing field, but this just creates more inequalities and is going to piss a lot of players off!
Inno should introduce the ability for a player to 'block' a particular player from contributing to a gb, so if this happened once they could then be blocked from doing it again.
We have the ability to block messaging between players, so this should be possible.
I have seen on East Nagach, what effectively is a cartel of 3 or 4 players who take contributions to their Arcs from different players, then lump into each other's Arc to secure top spot, maximise their fp returns, whilst helping each other to higher and higher levels on their Arcs, so imcreasing their returns.
This can't be allowed to continue for the good of the game and Inno need to do something about it.

DeletedUser12400

Inno should introduce the ability for a player to 'block' a particular player from contributing to a gb, so if this happened once they could then be blocked from doing it again. We have the ability to block messaging between players, so this should be possible.
-1 Strongly against!

DeletedUser13076

-1 Not sure why you'd ever want to block someone from contributing to your GB.

Phillord, I think I understand your concern, but I don't see the advantage these players are taking being as profitable as you are suggesting.

For instance, a lvl 35 Alcatraz costs 1578 fp to level up. 1st place pays 410fp...or 782 at 90.6% like you suggest. That is still less than 1/2 of the fps necessary to level the building, so the return (if there's only one contributor) would be just under 1 fp for every 2 contributed. Not sure the ratios, but lower spots get lower return percentages.

I don't see more advantage here than "cherry-picking" nearly complete GB's with reward spots open and gaining similar payouts. As a player that likes to stockpile fps, playing in the manner you describe still would reduce my stocks, or those of my accomplices. Maybe I'm missing something?

Be Blessed!

Vesiger

Monarch
I have seen on East Nagach, what effectively is a cartel of 3 or 4 players who take contributions to their Arcs from different players, then lump into each other's Arc to secure top spot, maximise their fp returns, whilst helping each other to higher and higher levels on their Arcs, so imcreasing their returns.
This can't be allowed to continue for the good of the game and Inno need to do something about it.
There have been a series of similar complaints, e.g https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/the-arc-is-too-powerful.31241/
The consensus seems to be that the genie is out of the bottle and can't be put back in.

DeletedUser102273

-1 Not sure why you'd ever want to block someone from contributing to your GB.

Phillord, I think I understand your concern, but I don't see the advantage these players are taking being as profitable as you are suggesting.

For instance, a lvl 35 Alcatraz costs 1578 fp to level up. 1st place pays 410fp...or 782 at 90.6% like you suggest. That is still less than 1/2 of the fps necessary to level the building, so the return (if there's only one contributor) would be just under 1 fp for every 2 contributed. Not sure the ratios, but lower spots get lower return percentages.

I don't see more advantage here than "cherry-picking" nearly complete GB's with reward spots open and gaining similar payouts. As a player that likes to stockpile fps, playing in the manner you describe still would reduce my stocks, or those of my accomplices. Maybe I'm missing something?

Be Blessed!
I get what you're saying - maybe i didn't make myself clear - I was referring to gb's where guild members had been contributing regular amounts, say through a swap club so building up the amounts paid in, and then the 'outsiders' for want of a better word jumped in - the gb was Alcatraz, at level 18 and the amounts contributed were 285, with top spot paying 175 plus 90% - a tidy return and 2nd spot needing 142, paying 90, plus 87% = also returning above that paid in.

Yes, we've all maybe profited from putting minimal in for a better return, but these are creaming the rewards and will only grow stronger.

Ordinarily, you would welcome contributions to your gb to grow it, but there are right ways and wrong ways and I merely expressed a way of making it possible for your guildmates, who are the regular contributors, to benefit and not be pushed out by these profiteers.

DeletedUser101774

Like many guilds on Houndsmoor, our guild operates a FP swop system among our own members - it helps to level our GBs and benefits the donor with the fp and bp packs. Ever since Forge of Empires introduced the Arc GB, we have neighbourhood players monitering the progress of certain Gbs, (mainly Alcatraz and Arcs) and they are dumping large quanities of fps into our GBs, oftentime levelling them instantly so that we lose the chance of double collecting, and relegating our own members down the prize list. This grossly unfair. These neighbourhood players have levelled their Arcs to ridiculous levels so the percentage gain they get, repay them for the large amounts of fps they are dumping.

There might be occasions when you invite someone from your friends list to contribute to your GBs, but no-one is going to be interested in people from their hood - this is a group of strangers that you get thrown in with no emotional attachment at all.

There should be a system whereby players can not contribute to GBs in their hood, only to their guild or friends list OR have a system like we have on the mails, where you can ignore/exclude players. You need to do something because it is really unfair now, and coming so quickly after the rankings adjustments there are a lot of disgruntled players out here

DeletedUser106685

Before you start complaining about people snatching the 1 and 2 spots in your GB, just go back in time a few months, please.

Back in the day, if you had a GB that paid 250 for first place, you'd be happy if some neighbor stopped by and voluntarily dropped 300 FP to get that spot.
Now, you got Arc-players that come along, and pay 350 FP for the same reward. And you don't even have to send an e-mail begging them to do it!

Sure, they make a nice profit, but they're still donating more into your GB than anyone ever would before the Arc existed. So what's there to complain about?

Just be smart, be nice to your high-Arc neighbors, and send them a message, asking them to take first or second place or whatever. Agree on an amount if you can, split the profits, and move on. Win-win for all involved.

The Arc is a beautiful GB, because it's mainly helping OTHER players to level up faster. So use that to your advantage.
They can't really profit by donating in their own GBs, now can they?

DeletedUser101774

Before you start complaining about people snatching the 1 and 2 spots in your GB, just go back in time a few months, please.

Back in the day, if you had a GB that paid 250 for first place, you'd be happy if some neighbor stopped by and voluntarily dropped 300 FP to get that spot.
Now, you got Arc-players that come along, and pay 350 FP for the same reward. And you don't even have to send an e-mail begging them to do it!

Sure, they make a nice profit, but they're still donating more into your GB than anyone ever would before the Arc existed. So what's there to complain about?

Just be smart, be nice to your high-Arc neighbors, and send them a message, asking them to take first or second place or whatever. Agree on an amount if you can, split the profits, and move on. Win-win for all involved.

The Arc is a beautiful GB, because it's mainly helping OTHER players to level up faster. So use that to your advantage.
They can't really profit by donating in their own GBs, now can they?

I'm not sure how you come to your conclusions, but I would appreciate it if you do NOT presume to guess what used to make me happy. I was NOT happy when a non-guild member contributed to my GB. I believe that GB rewards should go to guild mates with whom you have a FP swop arrangement, NOT outsiders who contribute without permisson.

DeletedUser15565

the problem i see is those few with high % dropping one point then waiting and watching while guild mates and friends dump point after point in
to a gb and then just before the top spot becomes safe they jump in and dump just enough to secure themselves the top spot and don't drop any more points. Yes i get its part of the game but lets understand how this is no different to the Alcatraz issue just with FPs not score. I know its frustrating when you have put time and effort in to a GB to suddenly log on and find your 350 FP was just shy of enough to secure the top spot and have the same two or three players jump in drop 360 FPs which then secures the top spot and others stop donating as they wont get the rewards they were working hard for its demoralizing to the player that has spent weeks in some cases trying to get some reward. I also understand that those that are able to afford diamonds in large amounts and have huge scores are feeling tough luck but it hurts the game at the end of the day a game that we all should be able to enjoy and its down to a few players that are able to do this.I don't know if there is some way that this can be adjusted Perhaps its time that all GBs had a sensible cut of level LV30 no more or GBs like ARC still give a reward goods wise but lock the % rate
i don't know but as i said i can see both sides. maybe those who do it and are high up set a example and let others get some of the reward they have put time and effort into instead of taking away what they have worked for

DeletedUser100832

What do Inno Games propose to do about the 'monster' they have created by introducing the Arc building and the added 'extra' of increasing returns on gb fp contributions the higher the level it reaches.

We are seeing, in our guild on Houndsmoor, instances of guild members contributing regularly to another members GB (in this instance Alcatraz), so building up their input and potential returns when the gb levels, only to have 2 neighbourhood players lump large sums into the gb to secure 1st & 2nd spot, where they have their Arc's at levels 86 and 75 respectively, and giving returns of 90.6% and 87.5%, so not only do they get the high return for top spot, they are effectively doubling this through their Arc reward. This is therefore creating a snowballing effect - they receive ever more fp's and the 'regular' players, who have not spent hundreds of pounds on diamonds to quickly level up on their gb's, are left to pick up the scraps and fall further behind.
Inno have only just revamped the scoring system to try to prevent these money players from outperforming and to try and create a more level playing field, but this just creates more inequalities and is going to piss a lot of players off!
Inno should introduce the ability for a player to 'block' a particular player from contributing to a gb, so if this happened once they could then be blocked from doing it again.
We have the ability to block messaging between players, so this should be possible.

we warned them about it... but a group of players motivated only by self-interest tried to derail the discussion

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/the-arc-is-too-powerful.31241/

unfortunately, most people on here already either have high-level arcs or think that they will have them, so you will get little change out of them

EDIT: basically the only way to stop people with high arcs is to stockpile FP and then put everything in in one go. Of course there are things you can do. Kick them out of your FL. Never contribute to people who do have them in their FL (make it a condition of participating in swap clubs that they do not have A. and S. anywhere near their GB's). And so on. Yeah, it's tough on the guys who happen to have those people in their hoods, but they are probably top FE players, so big enough to live with it.

EDIT 2: oh, and write to their guild leaders saying that if they keep sniping there will be consequences in GvG.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Tominator

Sergeant

lets get 1 thing str8....people haven't spent hundreds of pounds on diamonds to get their arcs high enough to jump top 2 spots / you have already told us the receipe for success on east nagach and it has nothing to do with spending diamonds

DeletedUser105544

Even better solution:
Inno should introduce button that allows you to block further donation of other player's GB :lol:
...or something like that :?

DeletedUser13076

I get what you're saying - maybe i didn't make myself clear - I was referring to gb's where guild members had been contributing regular amounts, say through a swap club so building up the amounts paid in, and then the 'outsiders' for want of a better word jumped in - the gb was Alcatraz, at level 18 and the amounts contributed were 285, with top spot paying 175 plus 90% - a tidy return and 2nd spot needing 142, paying 90, plus 87% = also returning above that paid in.

Yes, we've all maybe profited from putting minimal in for a better return, but these are creaming the rewards and will only grow stronger.

Ordinarily, you would welcome contributions to your gb to grow it, but there are right ways and wrong ways and I merely expressed a way of making it possible for your guildmates, who are the regular contributors, to benefit and not be pushed out by these profiteers.
Phillord - Thanks for your reply. I understand your position better now. I'll own the fact that I wasn't a very good fp sniper before starting an ARC, and so I'm not very likely to improve now. Trying to understand the benefits/drawbacks of available GBs. Be Blessed!