Fixed: App lags when collecting production

Discussion in 'Fixed Issues' started by ih8regin, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ih8regin

ih8regin Monarch

World: F (is likely world-independent, as I don't play other worlds)
    Version: 1.116.4, Android 4.4.2
    Overview: When collecting resources, initial collection hits a brief (0.5-1 second) delay in which app freezes completely, that is, no animation or whatever happens. If collecting with a drag, production collected with a drag occasionally also causes similar freeze (harder to detect). Same delay happens when using either button on the left or right side, including buttons that reveal more buttons (!). The problem does not affect incidents collection, these are collected normally. The problem started somewhere yesterday, the device was charging and on WiFi so a critical OS update might have caused the misbehavior in the app, because it's on v1.116.4 for longer.
    How often this occurs: Always
    Urgency: Minor (interface only, but very annoying)
    Preventative actions: I tried restarting app and rebooting the mobile, bug still present.
    Summary: App freezes for a small time when using certain interface elements.
    Search: No, however this is not present in the first page in this forum.
    Tried to fix: N/A (app), and didn't try reinstalling the app.

2. Dimondus

Dimondus Second Lieutenant

My wild guess - Android 4.4.2, so you are probably on 3-4 years old phone so a bit of lag is expected.
    What I don't like about collection on mobile is that they changed the way to move buildings (now its press and hold to move) and that is preventing collection sometimes.
    Try to turn off all animations and mass collect afterwards.

3. ih8regin

ih8regin Monarch

A bit of lag was expected, but not a second of lag, and the fact that it only appeared several days ago, with the last update that allowed building expansions by clicking on adjacent areas. Before that, app worked pretty smoothly.

4. Dimondus

Dimondus Second Lieutenant

That is common issue with Inno games :)

5. Ilela

Ilela Lieutenant-General

Android 6.0 here and similar freeze during collections occurs. Animations and music are turned off.

Messaging always lags, since I installed the game.

6. ih8regin

ih8regin Monarch

Messaging always waits for server to ack, this lag is normal as mobile internet has unreliable media, thus your message might not reach server from the first attempt.

7. Ilela

Ilela Lieutenant-General

Typing is lagging, not sending message.

8. ih8regin

ih8regin Monarch

Hmm weird, it didn't lag for me.

BTW, the bug suddenly (c) went away for me personally. I wonder if there was something really other than my device.

9. Dudettas

Dudettas FoE Team Senior Ingame Moderator

Could you please confirm if any of you are still experiencing the lag, and if anyone encountered on a non Android device whilst playing the App?

10. Vesiger

Vesiger General

I'm seeing this today while aiding cities: app periodically freezes up with all animations halted when you click on a building to get the identification pop-up.

11. Ilela

Ilela Lieutenant-General

No more lag with collections for me.

12. Dudettas

Dudettas FoE Team Senior Ingame Moderator

This should now have been fixed, if it's not the case please let us know.