• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Anyone seen the new announcement about GBG in beta?

Otabenga

Private
What has been balanced by this idea?

Guild goods become pointless as nobody needs them anymore. Teamwork means nothing. Guild means nothing. Guild ranking determined by GvG where mobile players cannot join anyway let alone there are players from different time zones.

BTW, you should stop any rewards which can generate diamonds (buildings, GE, GBG). then hope people will spend money to buy them.

Practically this means end of GBG, and for a mobile player, you can enjoy GE, do a bit of GBG, build your city, but then you can log off and forgot about this game for long time as the event buildings are just not worthy anymore. plus all events are the same mechanism every year, you can come back after 3 years, and they will be the similar.

I will see how this will turn out, but this may drive me away from the game. I spent a lot of time on this game since I started 18 months ago and now totally disheartened by this 're-balancing' idea.
Guild or no guild, tge game offers in either case an option. If you like being in guilds there are many to choose from. On the other hand no one is compeled to be in a guild with others: guilds of one are numerous.

The pros and cons of being in a group are the same everwhere (in real life also). The benefits are much more noticeable when building great buildings (GBs). If you have played the game long enough, this becomes apparent when trying to build GBs alone.

Forge of Empires I don't think was created with group synergy as the driving force behind the game. There is more than enough room for Individuality. One is not bounded by nor restricted to group activity if chosen. For me being in a guild restricts Individuality but at the same time it encourages team work and helps to achieve individual goals faster. This is why prefer a guild that supports/hosts smaller numbers of people: the smaller the guild the more Individuality has a chance. Also it allows admin/founders/leaders to easily reachout and support guildmates more easily. More administration
is required in large guilds to keep things in balance and bridge the void between freeloaders, occassional, and frequent players.

Forge of Empires in ktself is a vreat game guild or no guild. What you make of it has to do with what you ate willing to for yourself, not what a guild can do for you.

Rossignolini

Private
There definately needs to be some balancing in GBG but this is not the solution. This will just result in the GBG map becoming a ghost town for most of the day as players will burn their attrition, and having done that, they won't be back until reset. Goods won't be as sort after as not as many support buildings will be constructed and hence, players will be less active looking for goods.

Where balance in GBG is required is in the matching of guilds in the different leagues. At the moment, it is far too easy for smaller, weaker guilds to get into Diamond League. Diamond league should be just that, the level for the strongest guilds. If only the strongest guilds made it to Diamond League, they would have to fight to win rather than resorting to a swap meet to gain maximum rewards. Yes, their total fight numbers would be down, but they would have to earn the win which is how it should be.

The current grading system is flawed as you can bounce from Platinum League up to Diamond League, be completely dominated, then get relegated back to Platinum League. There needs to be a system where it takes a reasonable amount of wins in Platinum League before you advance. Once relegated down from Diamond League, the guild would have to earn the right to advance once again. To be able to bounce back and forth every round at the moment shows that it is simply too easy to advance to the highest level and allows guilds of vastly different capabilities to be matched together.

Guilds should be of similar strengths to be in the same league. This is where the problem lies within the GBG.
I agree.
we started this present season of GbG ranked as #20 in the guild listing and yet we are nowhere near as powerful as the top guilds we are up against. It is such a mismatch. The problem might be addressed with three changes:
1) increase the maximum points total to 1200 to allow a more accurate ranking to develop.
2) reduce the points awarded to winners and deducted from losers so we don't bounce in and out of Diamond league
3) make the top 8 guilds play each other, then the next 8 and so on so the battleground is evenly matched. At present top guilds totally dominate and noone else gets to play.

papashakes

Corporal
I've only been playing for 8 months.. I'm in my second guild a non fighting one but there's enough long term players that do enjoy GbG and the rewards.. we've ranked between 20 and 70 since I've been there.. they've helped me boost A/D and between TRAZ and rewards I no longer have to worry about troops and can fight all day at low attrition (albeit slowly as I rotate troops lol)

so yes sometimes we dominate and sometimes we are dominated (and that has happened in both guilds).. that's the way it goes "some days are diamonds" pun intended

I see peeps keep wanting to balance things out.. guess what they are already balanced.. some seasons you do well some not.. it would be very boring if you faced the same guilds season after season if you followed a first 8 next 8 principle..

on to what's happening in beta.. I hope it doesn't hit the main servers..

I'll be lucky to do 100 fights a day at 66% max support from SCs, there goes all those rewards and guildies won't be able to mass dump FPs on my GBs..

domination will still occur and larger guilds will be popular as they chase their much coveted prestige and rankings..

I guess I'm saying be careful what you wish for because what's happening on beta looks like crap..

btw I lurve this game the way it is now :D

Emberguard

Legend
there goes all those rewards and guildies won't be able to mass dump FPs on my GBs..
Guildies were already capable of mass dumping Forge Points prior to Guild Battlegrounds ever existing. Reducing amount of Guild Battlegrounds fights shouldn't remove the ability to donate to Great Buildings. At most it may slow down the rate you level up, but it won't remove the ability to mass dump.

btw I lurve this game the way it is now :D
It's to be expected if you came onto the game after Guild Battlegrounds was introduced that your expectations and wants for the game would be based on the current status quo

papashakes

Corporal
It's to be expected if you came onto the game after Guild Battlegrounds was introduced that your expectations and wants for the game would be based on the current status quo
so as a long term player what are your thoughts on changes?

Guildies were already capable of mass dumping Forge Points prior to Guild Battlegrounds ever existing. Reducing amount of Guild Battlegrounds fights shouldn't remove the ability to donate to Great Buildings. At most it may slow down the rate you level up, but it won't remove the ability to mass dump.
I get about 1K a day FPs when farming some players I've chatted to in GbG swap thread get 4/5K a day.. I know that being restricted to a hundred fights I'll now get about 70/100 FPs a day.. I imagine the bigger players will have a similar reduction in earnings.. so it will greatly reduce the ability to mass dump on someones GB..

ps I friend requested you on Greifental.. while the going is still good I'll help level up your arc :)

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Unpopular opinion:
It was a mistake to allow players to have 100% chance to not get attrition. Yes, it feels great when you take a province on your own and receive a ton of rewards while your attrition is still 0. Yes, I've done that myself on multiple occasions. I still think it was a mistake. It should have never been possible for a single player to take multiple provinces on his own. It made Siege Camps (and to a lesser extent Watchtowers) far more valuable than any other building, and it also rendered traps useless (0 multiplied by 2 is still 0).

If it was up to me I would completely change the effect of WT and SC: 8%/24% chance to gain double points from fighting/negotiating. So a battle would give 2 instead of 1 and a negotiation would give 4 instead of 2.

I would also try to come up with a good reason for guilds to hold a province for longer than 4 hours. Currently it is better to let a province be taken by another guild after the protection period is up and then take it back 4 hours later. The rewards are just better.

Emberguard

Legend
so as a long term player what are your thoughts on changes?
It's a change I would have liked to have from the start. Balance wise it's something that makes sense to me.

My main concern though isn't whether it'd be the right move for balancing the game mechanics, it's more on how the playerbase in general will respond to it. Because even if it's the "right" move for balancing the game, it could still be the "wrong" move on a psychological standpoint if it feels too much like a "reset"

ps I friend requested you on Greifental.. while the going is still good I'll help level up your arc :)
No need to worry about Greifental, I barely use that world at the moment. I mainly play on RO Brisgard and EN Noarsil :)

Shad23

Emperor
I can take a sector alone without sc's normaly after 1 sector my attrition is at 60 ,i don't build sc's most of the time with full sc power i just took 1 sector alone with no attrition
Edit 3 sectors taken alone with sc's still no attrition

Last edited:

papashakes

Corporal
Sure it will Traps will matter. Negos will matter.
only if other guilds own the sectors first.. but no one owns them in the beginning so those guilds with the goods, diamonds and majority of members playing will still dominate a board and checkerboard with swaps will still happen.. and the outer edges will be lined with traps..

negs will definitely matter and I'll be putting a lot of buildings like stage of ages back in the box in favour of goods buildings if it comes to mainstream servers..

I wonder if halving the guild LPs offered would be a better solution so guilds move slower through the ranks.. we yoyo from top end of diamond where last season we scored 300K VPs to top end of platinum where we currently have 1K VPs so obviously in last place and headed back to diamond where we will dominate yet again.. once this year we have ended up in lower platinum where we were among similar strength guilds..

Emberguard

Legend
What is beta version, I haven't a clue which version I am playing? How can I check?
The account you're posting from is using the EN (International) version.

Beta is ZZ.

Mobile: Change server on the login screen with the flag on the top right
Desktop: Change the start of the URL to the language server you're after

DJ of BA

Sergeant
Like many I’m not on beta but this update if brought to the live servers would greatly impact me and so this apparently is the best place to give feedback. So here goes..

GBG is the reason I play the game. Everything I’ve been doing in game once I learned about GBG has been to make myself more effective in that. This proposed update make all the time and effort feel pretty much worthless. 10 to 15 minutes of fights a day and that’s it. For an active GBG fighter that’s laughable. it will ruin the fun of war seasons and racing rival guilds on sectors many times a day.

This update will also particularly impact newer players. At least with good Siege Camp support they could get the fights in. They may never be able to catch up the seasoned players but at least with GBG the way it is they could earn enough awards to progress to a good level in a reasonable time. This update utterly wrecks that.

In my own case it took about a year to become an effective GBG fighter. If I had been trying to do the same with having to deal with this proposed update I would imagine it would have taken 3 to 4 years. i wouldn’t have bothered.

It will ruin things for smaller guilds too. The big ones will continue to dominate and the small ones get very little and end up relegated. This happens now too of course but at least under the current system when they’re relegated they can have a chance at a decent season the next time. With this proposed update they’ll get a handful of fights in per day and be barely able to progress. The few good player they have will attrition out quickly and the map will just stagnate.

Every active fighter I’ve spoken to about this thinks it’s a terrible idea. Some are very disillusioned by it myself included. It’s truly dreadful and will kill the game for a large amount of it’s most active players.. Battlegrounds as it is might not be exactly what Inno had originally intended but you have created something great that so many players like. Is it perfect? No but this will make it whole lot worse for most people and better for next to none. Please bin this absolutely awful idea…
I tend to agree with a lot of what has been said, GBG for better or worse is what it is, to change it now will ultimately make some players leave the game and new players not bother staying as the long term rewards are no longer something to aim for, GBG is not perfect and will never be, changing it now will only make it worse, think INNO devs really need to step back and look at the bigger picture, as for A decision based on only what Beta players say is hardly democratic or exactly worthwhile, as was the case with the first PVP arena, INNO went with what the Beta players said and it was a disaster as the live players ( a much larger participatory base ) simply left or didn't take part, INNO went away and came up with a more acceptable system...They should ignore Beta again this time and rethink what they are doing... personally I think it will not stop the big Guilds swapping, which is the biggest complaint most have, but we shall have to wait and see.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I tend to agree with a lot of what has been said, GBG for better or worse is what it is, to change it now will ultimately make some players leave the game and new players not bother staying as the long term rewards are no longer something to aim for, GBG is not perfect and will never be, changing it now will only make it worse, think INNO devs really need to step back and look at the bigger picture, as for A decision based on only what Beta players say is hardly democratic or exactly worthwhile, as was the case with the first PVP arena, INNO went with what the Beta players said and it was a disaster as the live players ( a much larger participatory base ) simply left or didn't take part, INNO went away and came up with a more acceptable system...They should ignore Beta again this time and rethink what they are doing... personally I think it will not stop the big Guilds swapping, which is the biggest complaint most have, but we shall have to wait and see.
LOL you got it twisted on when Beta is ignored, what I saw was 100's of pages of feedback on the beta board about the PVP arena in 2020 telling them NOT to release it as is, and it went forward anyway to live servers, got lambasted by the live servers, and then they realized what a giant egg they laid, yanked it off the market and redesigned it. If they had listened to beta they could have avoided the bad release.

Anyway game changes are not democratic and never have been, but Innogames doesn't need any encouragement to ignore beta feedback, because for the past 2 years at least, almost every bug/design issue that ends up in live (including very notably the HEAL ALL button debacle) was warned and screamed about in beta by players trying to stop it from going live, and it went out anyway - leading to many, many posts on live server forums AND the beta board questioning why there is even a beta server because it doesn't seem to have much influence on what ends up being released.

DJ of BA

Sergeant
LOL you got it twisted on when Beta is ignored, what I saw was 100's of pages of feedback on the beta board about the PVP arena in 2020 telling them NOT to release it as is, and it went forward anyway to live servers, got lambasted by the live servers, and then they realized what a giant egg they laid, yanked it off the market and redesigned it. If they had listened to beta they could have avoided the bad release.

Anyway game changes are not democratic and never have been, but Innogames doesn't need any encouragement to ignore beta feedback, because for the past 2 years at least, almost every bug/design issue that ends up in live (including very notably the HEAL ALL button debacle) was warned and screamed about in beta by players trying to stop it from going live, and it went out anyway - leading to many, many posts on live server forums AND the beta board questioning why there is even a beta server because it doesn't seem to have much influence on what ends up being released.
Apologies if wrong, but you just hit the nail on the head, Inno cannot really win either way, go with the Beta feedback or not, either way they will never please everyone, and yes, totally agree, game changes will never be democratic, I think that GBG is broken and until a solution, a proper workable solution can be found then they either should leave it alone ( I am not a swapper and never will be ) which means the swappers will continue to profit from a broken game or remove all buildings from GBG and give everyone a level playing field irregardless ( that will really upset some players )

Kev-

Private
OK guys I've been given this link to post by the EN manager. we are experiencing a Nerf of sorts quote " You should also bear in mind however that the season you have currently is a statistical outlier, and not the usual anticipated level of support"

Currently on the map support levels are drastically reduced only a single 3SC build sector and reduced numbers of 2SC sectors its still possible to get full support but much harder than the norm however not as bad as the proposed Nerf. Trust me you don't want to go there. Not a single sector taken since yesterday evening and all the other Guilds are refusing to take sectors currently. If inno go through with this it will kill GBG period.
We're the big hitters of the current match up two guild if they work together could just about slow us down the rest by there own admission shouldn't be in Diamond. Limiting support has and is having the opposite effect to what the levelling up idea is trying to achieve if Inno want to kill the game and a profitable income stream then bring it on with the Nerf, the equation is real simple no fights = no Diamond spend. So if all the Server heads/Moderators want to have a look on Parkog and see what's happening or more to the point not happening on our map please do. Then take this data and reconcile it with what'll happen with the proposed Nerf in place over all worlds.
Yes GBG is broken and this crazy Idea will only make things worse I think we all know the root cause of the current GBG issues is the matching system, one or two strong Guilds against guys who are not a match is only ever going to result in one outcome add in a lack of support for these weaker guys and they have zero chance of breaking out.
Someone at Inno has to grow a set, sort out the matching system and pitch equal against equal. Put six equally matched Guilds against each other and no one is going to want to sit out watching one or two Guilds farming to there hearts content, they're going to marshal their forces kick ass and break out GBG will be exactly what the name implies a Battleground not a farm for the few. Yes it'll mean fewer fights (farms) for all but who cares GBG should be about coming together as a collective and kicking your opponents ass.

never before have i seen a game where they expect players to throw away money at devs constantly. this is a bad idea and I m starting to get fed up with this idea of money grabbing

I just have watched the video again to make sure, so your going to limit attrition to help lower level guilds, but on the other hand you’re giving building’s fragments to the winners of each season. So the big guilds are still going to dominate, because they’ll be able to fight more. It will be instead of the biggest guild treasury, it will be the highest attack and defence bonus, they have or how many negotiations each player in there guild can do.
If you want to even things up, even it up don’t have the have one of the highest guilds on a world fight one that’s around 40th that’s a very mismatched fight. One time on battlegrounds it was pretty even, and we had a all out fight over sectors. It made for a very different battlegrounds. Another we made friends and tried to keep sectors even. But for the last to work each guild has to be ready to take the correct sectors. If not doesn’t work.
This happens on Guild Expedition as well high level guilds pitted against lower ones, how can a guild ranked around 890th win against a team ranked in the top 5. After you ruin GbG you’ll start to work on GE, hobble all the guilds there next hoping for somehow the lowest guild to beat the highest guild.
Keeping Guilds with a even advantage makes for GE and GbG more interesting and fun, because there’s a challenge factor that’s added. Doing GE without this, it’s kind of boring, because there’s no Guild to beat, the same for GbG
As for much lessening of the free attrition, as many have started, that’s what makes players grow, maybe even guilds, because they get far more FPs. So they can build their GBs faster, or climb through eras sooner.
Or you have guilds that have players help lower players, by them adding the FPs they get from battlegrounds.
Yes there’s GVG, but only for the players that play on a computer, not a mobile device. Many of us don’t have a computer. And GE, well it was better before.

P.S. To all players that have worked tirelessly to build your Guild Treasury buildings to high levels, only to help your guild, I feel your pain. One guild I was in they gave me a surprise once swapped to them, that it was highly recommended for all players to focus on their Arc, Observatory, A.I. Core or Atomium. So I did, I feel like around 18 months of adding FPs to builds that won’t be as important down the tubes.
Now we have to start again building and growing our Attack and Defence boost builds. I think this game is giving me Grey hairs.