• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Anyone seen the new announcement about GBG in beta?

Nidwin

Sergeant
These changes are only going to make the already stronger much stronger in gold, plat and probably diamond league, as far as I can analyze and think of. I read the description on the beta forum.

I'm also not fond of the removal of the cheaper buildings as they are actually used in gold league up to lower plat, at least on P world I main on. I've seen them used quite well and made a difference for the more casual guilds. It often helps those guilds with their limited guild resources to grab a higher spot or two, to stay in gold or have a season in plat league. They're no use to me of course and are pointless against me when I go for a win but it isn't only about me but everyone else in gold and lower plat.

Every province having at least 1 slot, if I read it well, is very strong for small and solo's guilds dedicated to GBG in gold and lower plat with those new buildings. This won't be properly tested on beta I think so we'll have to wait till it's on the live servers for the true results.

I like change because it brings meta change and pushes us to adapt and I didn't see anything too weird or bad with these new changes being now tested on beta. I've also no opinion for the diamond league stuff and changes as this isn't my league.

Gold league player's view of course.

Deleted member 127677

going to limit attrition to help lower level guilds,
Who says it’s about helping lower level guilds? This may be what people read into it, but as far as I am concerned, the issues with Gbg that needed to be addressed were never about what a lower level guild or a guild with few active players could or couldn’t do. They were about match making, 24/7 map watching, the relative weight of Gvg, played by few, in guild ranking compared to fully active Gbg guilds, and the endless fights farming for endless fps, often by low powered players with a few higher era units who saw it as a way of advancing fast(er) through the game, at the expense of players who had built up their cities over time. These proposed changes go a very long way to addressing those issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this as a mechanism of the Giant guilds to just grow at an exponential rate now as compared to their current rate of intense growth. In other woods, it will NOT help smaller guilds and will actually crush them.

Unlucky Alf

Private
I can never understand why the points system maxes at 1000. In our server there are a few guilds who win most weeks but they are on 1000 the same as a guild that finish 4th or 5th most weeks and do little. If those points are allowed to accumulate and the strongest guilds are put together based on rank it then stops 2 guilds dominating a season. Put the top 8 together based on ranking and they can fight each other rather than having 2 of them in 4 leagues and making the season a misery for 24 other guilds.

Malynn

Corporal
With the forthcoming changes to GbG, wouldn’t it also help make GbG fairer and more balanced if there was a limit on the size of guilds, maybe restricting guilds to having a maximum of 40 or 50 members. If I recall correctly from years ago, there is a limit on guild size in Tribal Wars (another Inno game) and it works really well. Many other strategy games have limits on on guild size.

Looking through the “Do Not Suggest” threads, I do not see from the title of posts that this has been suggested before. I’m not going to read through every thread in there, it would take weeks.

With the forthcoming changes to GbG, wouldn’t it also help make GbG fairer and more balanced if there was a limit on the size of guilds, maybe restricting guilds to having a maximum of 40 or 50 members. If I recall correctly from years ago, there is a limit on guild size in Tribal Wars (another Inno game) and it works really well. Many other strategy games have limits on on guild size.

Looking through the “Do Not Suggest” threads, I do not see from the title of posts that this has been suggested before. I’m not going to read through every thread in there, it would take weeks.
The existing limit of 80 members is fine. And as it's already been said several times, the number of members does not necessarily make a big difference. It depends on how strong and active the members are. A guild with 10 strong and active GBG fighters can easily beat a guild with 80 mediocre players, where maybe only a minority of them are active in GBG.

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
I luv changes and I am looking forward to this one.
We will sort out how to play the best way quite quickly.
To have this as a placing of the guild as well as just gvG is a super idea.
Bring it on asap, lets go.

Vesiger

Monarch
I can never understand why the points system maxes at 1000. In our server there are a few guilds who win most weeks but they are on 1000 the same as a guild that finish 4th or 5th most weeks and do little. If those points are allowed to accumulate and the strongest guilds are put together based on rank it then stops 2 guilds dominating a season. Put the top 8 together based on ranking and they can fight each other rather than having 2 of them in 4 leagues and making the season a misery for 24 other guilds.
Possibly to avoid having overpowered rewards - if a new league were started above the current ones then players would expect even larger numbers of FP, even more fights to win each sector (and hence to be used to farm FP) etc, and would complain about being put into a 'more difficult' league without getting more valuable prizes.
Just a guess :(
At any rate I feel there might be a danger of overbalancing things even more than they are already...

Bob2965

Private
Does the new championship format over eight weeks mean that your guild faces the same opponents eight weeks running! That could get tiresome pretty quickly.

Emberguard

Legend
Does the new championship format over eight weeks mean that your guild faces the same opponents eight weeks running!
No

The Championship doesn't change anything. All it is, is additional rewards on top of what you already get during the 8 week time period. That's it. That's all the Championship means

Emberguard

Legend
Well how does it work if you don’t have common opponents?

The same way it does now. It's literally just adding additional fragments to the End of Season rewards we get every 14 days, and calling it a Championship to indicate the extra rewards to be offered within a set timeframe, and once that timeframe is up they'll likely change the reward to something else entirely

They've now changed it from 8 weeks to 6 weeks on Beta

X fragments gained based on whether you come 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a Diamond League season (the same 14 day cycle we have now)
  • 1st: 3,000 fragments
  • 2nd: 1,000 fragments
  • 3rd: 500 fragments
7,500 Fragments required for each Selection Kit (at the moment based on current balancing)

Selection Kit can be used to make a Lvl 1 building or upgrade it to Lvl 2

So in order to get the "championship building" you'll want to get 1st at least once per 6 seasons, and get no less than 2nd place for the remaining 5 matches.

Hypothetically if you win 1st twice, you could get 3rd for the remaining seasons and still get a Lvl 1 down. But that's probably less likely to happen as those getting 1st every second match usually aim for 5th on the off seasons, not 3rd