• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Any tips for solving negotiations?

DeletedUser116722

There are many negotiations that require many types of goods like complex and very complex ones, how can I solve them when only have 3 turns

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Welcome Tim,
By picking the right goods.
You will find some comments on here more helpful than others. Agent 327 hides his vast knowledge of this game with wit? and sarcasm but get him on your side and he can be really astute. Meanwhile a few suggestions on solving negotiations from me.
1st round: Always use coins and supplies first (they are plentiful and expendable) then generally use goods you have the most of to fill the remaining slots.
2nd round: You are not trying to win the second round but you are trying to complete the negotiation so if you have any wrong slot hits in the first round, don't use them in this round but remember them because they are guaranteed winners for the third round.
2nd round: Use coins and supplies again if they are still open and fill the remaining slots with anything else but your first hit winners.
3rd round: If this is your final round uses your 1st round winners and at this stage you hopefully will have eliminated enough to be able to complete the set and successfully finish the negotiation.
4th round: Follow the same strategy for the all subsequent rounds, gradually introducing your known winners when other options are not available,
I have found these axioms prove pretty successful but nothing is ever 100%.
Finally keep alert for wasting turns by repeating choices in the same column.
Hope this helps Regards Camby.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
You don't get 4 turns in GE unless you buy the extra turn in the tavern.
You will get 4 turns if it is a complex negotiation required by the daily quest

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Never thought of "don't use the wrong-positioned ones in the 2nd turn"
This tip is very advanced.
Who discovered it?
What is the reasoning behind?
In my opinion this particular technique can't be discovered through practice or experience.
Experience-wise, people will gradually refine their existing techniques, in the meanwhile become less likely to realize that there is a totally different route.
There should be some kind of theory behind this technique.
Insightful, intriguing, thought-provoking.
So that even after being shown the "what" it is still difficult to figure out the "why".
Now I think there seems to be a law relating to "testing" -- that you can learn more from a failure than from a "half success".
(In this case failure means wrong goods, "half success" means right goods at wrong slot)

Seems exactly what this following saying is about:
A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I posted the following screenshot 5 months ago (August last year), which shows exactly how dangerous "half success" can be:
got_see_this.png
So, now I think everyone who knows about this technique and does not take every opportunity to tell everyone about it should be accused of withholding critical information and cheating against the cosmos.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Never thought of "don't use the wrong-positioned ones in the 2nd turn"
This tip is very advanced.
Who discovered it?
What is the reasoning behind?
In my opinion this particular technique can't be discovered through practice or experience.

I discovered it through practice, on the bigger negotiations theres nothing worse then actually getting a couple of correct ones on the first turn it makes it much harder to discover which goods aren't needed at all. Say for example you have 10 goods to attempt with, if you dont get any correct on the 1st attempt you can test the other 5 on the second try so your potential goods are down to only correct goods. If you get some correct on the first you're then into the 3rd turn to clear them off. With the wrong place ones being a different colour it's very easy to follow where you are upto.