• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser

The only thing that 2hr auctions accomplished is that Players are missing out on more auctions during sleep and down-time. But really the only point I was making was that certain Posters are complaining about nothing and simply complaining for the sake of it. We were given the AD to enable the resale of redundant Buildings and Boosts; it costs us nothing more than the miniscule effort involved in going after things that we want and if Players can't be bothered making that teeny, tiny effort then they don't want it badly enough. The Forum is too much of a whine-fest, lacking in positivity and dynamism.

Couldn't agree more about people whinging, GvG is the best example but that's for the other thread :)

With 2hr vs 4hr I'm happy to miss out on more auctions when I'm sleeping because during the day when it's something I'm not interested in at least it's gone fairly quickly hopefully to be replaced by something better

DeletedUser96901

The only thing that 2hr auctions accomplished is that Players are missing out on more auctions during sleep and down-time.
true

it is better to miss only 2 out of 5 than 5 out of 10 auctions a day

because missing only 40% is better than missing 50%

iExchange

Private
Mhm, I know I am reviving this thread with the following proposal.

I propose to have a AD feature to exchange Gemstones for Coins. It has been quite some time since I last bought something from the shelf and just kept biding. :lol::lol:
Currently I have 99k coins and 302 gems and keep counting..

Any thoughts on this idea? :hide:

DeletedUser

It could work so long as the "exchange rate" didn't prove to be exorbitant, which is probably how it would be arranged.

DeletedUser109950

I know you get refunded at the end if you are not the successful bidder on a particular item, but does the Antiques dealer separately deduct the full cost of each of your bids each time you bid for the same item during the process?

Yggdrasil88

Private
Hi all,

I wanted to give my feedback about the Antiques Dealer.

The feature in itself is very interesting and useful for players to get items that appeared in the past or failed to get at a certain point.
However, I feel it is quite unbalanced and players who are more advanced have a clear and in my opinion unfair advantage since they had much more time and occasions to exchange items. As such it is probably impossible for newer players to get anything at auction unless they buy a lot of trade coins with diamonds.
To resolve this, I thought that the auctions should be restricted to players evolving in the same age. In my opinion, it would level the playing field so that everyone has a chance to win. It also makes sense since Special Buildings give less at earlier ages and One-Up and Renovation items are really rare.

On a side note, I was thinking that one should be able to buy gems by spending gold just like for forge points. I was thinking 10000 for the first Gem Stone and add 500 for each Gem afterwards. There aren't all that many possibilities to get gems especially in the middle ages and with that price, the shop remains "exclusive" enough.

Please let me read your thoughts on the matter!

All the Best to you all!
Yggdrasil

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Hi all,

I wanted to give my feedback about the Antiques Dealer.

The feature in itself is very interesting and useful for players to get items that appeared in the past or failed to get at a certain point.
However, I feel it is quite unbalanced and players who are more advanced have a clear and in my opinion unfair advantage since they had much more time and occasions to exchange items. As such it is probably impossible for newer players to get anything at auction unless they buy a lot of trade coins with diamonds.
To resolve this, I thought that the auctions should be restricted to players evolving in the same age. In my opinion, it would level the playing field so that everyone has a chance to win. It also makes sense since Special Buildings give less at earlier ages and One-Up and Renovation items are really rare.

On a side note, I was thinking that one should be able to buy gems by spending gold just like for forge points. I was thinking 10000 for the first Gem Stone and add 500 for each Gem afterwards. There aren't all that many possibilities to get gems especially in the middle ages and with that price, the shop remains "exclusive" enough.

Please let me read your thoughts on the matter!

All the Best to you all!
Yggdrasil
This is similar to the logic of players who are complaining about having much stronger neighbors from the same age attacking them over and over.
As getting top levels of the main event buildings during those events is far from easy and almost impossible for players with new cities, you shouldn't look for a shortcut for them in auction dealer. Be patient, this is a long-term game :)

Yggdrasil88

Private
This is similar to the logic of players who are complaining about having much stronger neighbors from the same age attacking them over and over.
As getting top levels of the main event buildings during those events is far from easy and almost impossible for players with new cities, you shouldn't look for a shortcut for them in auction dealer. Be patient, this is a long-term game :)

I wouldn't complain about a stronger neighbour from my age attacking me over and over, that is completely normal and a basic feature of the game. There are ways to defend yourself after all.
However, with the Antiques Dealer, you'd have to grind several eras and participate in many events to have a chance to win anything.
The smallest thing gets auctioned off for at least 30 000 coins and when you only have items such as the self-aid kit to gain those coins, there is no hope.

Then, what's the point of having it accessible in the Early Middle Ages?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I wouldn't complain about a stronger neighbour from my age attacking me over and over, that is completely normal and a basic feature of the game. There are ways to defend yourself after all.
However, with the Antiques Dealer, you'd have to grind several eras and participate in many events to have a chance to win anything.
The smallest thing gets auctioned off for at least 30 000 coins and when you only have items such as the self-aid kit to gain those coins, there is no hope.

Then, what's the point of having it accessible in the Early Middle Ages?
I don't know why was EMA specificaly chosen for it, but in each era you have many campers who stay there for like a couple of months. For example, I am in PE for such a long time and many times I am bidding together with much stronger people from SAAB and SAV. You don't need to grind eras, you can like stay in EMA or HMA for a couple of months and prepare yourself well before jumping eras, and so you can keep collecting items and sell them to the Antiques Dealer.

Yggdrasil88

Private
I don't know why was EMA specificaly chosen for it, but in each era you have many campers who stay there for like a couple of months. For example, I am in PE for such a long time and many times I am bidding together with much stronger people from SAAB and SAV. You don't need to grind eras, you can like stay in EMA or HMA for a couple of months and prepare yourself well before jumping eras, and so you can keep collecting items and sell them to the Antiques Dealer.
Doesn't it get boring staying in the same age after a while?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Doesn't it get boring staying in the same age after a while?
Depends. While I was in HMA it became boring after like 5-6 months. Now, while I'm in PE, it isn't boring due to fact that I have much more space and quite aome GBs to push to high levels, plus aiming to be #1 PE player on my world. So basically the fun factor in age camping depends on your own goals.

Forwandert

Major-General

One of the easiest ways to earn gems doesnt require era or events. Just do GBG and sell the SOH upgrades (and RTV) or collect maxed buildings worth and push max buildings through, like I do.

20210831_204359.jpg
Screenshot_20210831-204326_Forge of Empires.jpg

Tor is another good way and GE but that requires building up a high enough level but gbg is available to anyone that wants to participate and just requires troops (or being in decent enough guild that gets high enough and worst way up that collect the guilds postion rewards)

QueenNicky

Private
One of the easiest ways to earn gems doesnt require era or events. Just do GBG and sell the SOH upgrades (and RTV) or collect maxed buildings worth and push max buildings through, like I do.

View attachment 23910View attachment 23911

Tor is another good way and GE but that requires building up a high enough level but gbg is available to anyone that wants to participate and just requires troops (or being in decent enough guild that gets high enough and worst way up that collect the guilds postion rewards)
Could you explain those abbreviations?