• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Antiques Dealer

Ceban

Brigadier-General
It's my first participation in auction and managed to get Cider Mill Upgrade Kit. I was lucky enough to get it with first bid and quite cheap - 8,001 coins(Antiques Dealer sells for 8,100 coins and 22 gemstones) at least I consider it cheap since most of the time there are some insane amounts. The auction left a positive first impression.

View attachment 19715
this is really nice price and you can make profit from it but at least on my auctions upgrades in general dont reach high prices... kits and attack items is what get sky high, record what i saw is 150k rotunda, record wich i paid is 87k royal marble gateway while few upgrades wich i needed i got beween 9 and 14k

DeletedUser115071

Why didn't you simply Build and Sell? Free Coins and Supplies all lost for no good reason.
All premium buildings which don't give coins and supplies or anything back.
Everything was from dailies, GE and events.

DeletedUser115071

Wait.. you bid against the whole world, not just your neighborhood?

Agent327

Overlord
Wait.. you bid against the whole world, not just your neighborhood?

2tefjn.jpg

DeletedUser111359

2 Hour Auctions are definitely too long. If they functioned like an eBay auction, they'd be fine. But as implemented they are just annoying. Even joining one, means that I have to know I'll be near a computer, and free 2 hours later if it's something worth bidding on. And I routinely forget to check back in time.

I wish I could set a max bid, that wasn't immediately the new price, like any other online auction marketplace. I would participate FAR more, if I could set a max price without it being my actual immediate bid.

Agent327

Overlord
2 Hour Auctions are definitely too long. If they functioned like an eBay auction, they'd be fine. But as implemented they are just annoying. Even joining one, means that I have to know I'll be near a computer, and free 2 hours later if it's something worth bidding on. And I routinely forget to check back in time.

If that is the case how on earth can they be too long????

DeletedUser111359

If that is the case how on earth can they be too long????
Because for the first 118+ minutes of a 2 hour auction they are basically useless. I'm not going to bid on it more than a minute before the end, because either my bid will be far too high, to guarantee I get it, at the cost of overpaying absurdly, or I'll bid at a reasonable increase over the current bid, and almost certainly get outbid in the last minute by someone else who sees there's a bargain available.

The earlier suggestion by someone else is probably the best way to go, if they aren't going to implement eBay style auctions. Make the auction last just 5min from when you join it, but with a 2 hour cooldown after, where you can't join another. Easy to do, too. Just shorten the auction time to something reasonable, and increase the "collection" time from 30min to 120-145min.

Agent327

Overlord
Because for the first 118+ minutes of a 2 hour auction they are basically useless. I'm not going to bid on it more than a minute before the end, because either my bid will be far too high, to guarantee I get it, at the cost of overpaying absurdly, or I'll bid at a reasonable increase over the current bid, and almost certainly get outbid in the last minute by someone else who sees there's a bargain available.

That means it has to be adapted to the way you like to bid. I don't mind putting in a high bid when I do not have the time to be around when it ends. At least if someone outbids me they are paying a high price.

The earlier suggestion by someone else is probably the best way to go, if they aren't going to implement eBay style auctions. Make the auction last just 5min from when you join it, but with a 2 hour cooldown after, where you can't join another. Easy to do, too. Just shorten the auction time to something reasonable, and increase the "collection" time from 30min to 120-145min.

I doubt 5 mins is possible. It would mean auctions with less than 50 participants. 15 mins should be more likely, but why? In the end it means the same. With 15 min auctions you will still only start to bid at the end and most likely there will be much more doing it.

DeletedUser111359

That means it has to be adapted to the way you like to bid. I don't mind putting in a high bid when I do not have the time to be around when it ends. At least if someone outbids me they are paying a high price.

I doubt 5 mins is possible. It would mean auctions with less than 50 participants. 15 mins should be more likely, but why? In the end it means the same. With 15 min auctions you will still only start to bid at the end and most likely there will be much more doing it.

Why? Because it doesn't mean that I have to remember to check back 100+ minutes from when I first look at the AD. I don't have to have a 2 hour window of access to the game, in order to not waste coins on stupidly high bids.

And 5 mins is clearly possible, given that under the current system auctions consistently have 1:55 or more left on them when you join. With the system I described there would be more people taking part, since it’s no longer a 2 hour commitment to have a chance if the item is good, and you don’t want to overbid. Even you admit there would be more participants.

the current system isn’t a 2 hour auction anyhow. It’s a 110+ minute preview period, with a short auction at the end, 30 seconds or less per bid received.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117143

I’m doing that as well as so many items are being repeated and lost their shine. I set my timer for the last 30 seconds so I can swoop in.

DeletedUser

First the Auctions lasted 4hrs and people complained, now they last 2hrs and people complain...You want to complain about anything and everything merely for the chance to complain.
Whinge and whine, whine and whinge, quit it and get on with what you're given and stop pretending that you have the solutions to problems that exist only in your own mind. There is nothing wrong with any part of the Game so play the damned thing and grow up.

Last edited by a moderator: