• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser109379

whoa the amount and level of technicity is mind blowing! never realised theory crafting nerdiness was so strong in FOE. sadly as in other games, ugly raging elitism ruins it. I'll move on then, but not without kindly suggesting however pro you are to adjust your perspectives and regain the ability to disagree peacefully. you know who you are :)happy forging.

DeletedUser12400

It's my first participation in auction and managed to get Cider Mill Upgrade Kit. I was lucky enough to get it with first bid and quite cheap - 8,001 coins(Antiques Dealer sells for 8,100 coins and 22 gemstones) at least I consider it cheap since most of the time there are some insane amounts. The auction left a positive first impression.

upload_2019-9-1_11-44-47.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Major-General
Personally I would buy the trader one too with the new level being added at the next fall event. Think I've managed 5 cider mill upgrades so far and haven't paid over 10k for any. Pretty sure the prices will go higher near the event.

One slightly annoying thing with the auction dealer keep getting the alert that an auction is about to end about 5 mins after it does rather than 10 mins before the end. It did used to work fine but this week it's been slightly off. Doubt it's my phone signal as I've been using it whilst auctions have been ending. Just the alert is very delayed.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Scoring on the auctions is simply about being patient...
Most of the time the prices become beyond stupidly high. But if you keep at it, you'll eventually find a few insanely good deals. ;)

So far between my two cities, I've managed things like a Lv1 Ship for 6k & 2.5k and Kiosk for only 5k. :)

Giskler

Legend
Scoring on the auctions is simply about being patient...
Most of the time the prices become beyond stupidly high. But if you keep at it, you'll eventually find a few insanely good deals. ;)

So far between my two cities, I've managed things like a Lv1 Ship for 6k & 2.5k and Kiosk for only 5k. :)
Kiosk?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I paid just slightly over it's normal 24hr breakdown price, and will earn FREE gemstones from selling it.
If you can find some of the event buildings for really chap, or even just a slight loss of >1k TC's, it's worth picking them up just to recycle them back into the dealer to farm some gemstones.

Especially handy for those who don't/can't do Lv4 GE every single week and farm endless supplies of TF's/SSW's/FoY's. ;)

Giskler

Legend
I paid just slightly over it's normal 24hr breakdown price, and will earn FREE gemstones from selling it.
If you can find some of the event buildings for really chap, or even just a slight loss of >1k TC's, it's worth picking them up just to recycle them back into the dealer to farm some gemstones.

Especially handy for those who don't/can't do Lv4 GE every single week and farm endless supplies of TF's/SSW's/FoY's. ;)
I farm level 4 every week so I'm good :P

DeletedUser12400

It's my first participation in auction and managed to get Cider Mill Upgrade Kit. I was lucky enough to get it with first bid and quite cheap - 8,001 coins(Antiques Dealer sells for 8,100 coins and 22 gemstones) at least I consider it cheap since most of the time there are some insane amounts. The auction left a positive first impression.
index.php
Scoring on the auctions is simply about being patient...:)
Most of the time the prices become beyond stupidly high. But if you keep at it, you'll eventually find a few insanely good deals.
It's simply being at the right time.

upload_2019-9-3_8-39-32.png

Hmmm my auction on R which recently ended was for a Pillar of Heroes base, followed by the next auction for Pillar of Heroes base ::(::(::(

where's the variety?

Agent327

Overlord
I seem to have moved from 4hr auctions to 2hr auctions. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just the lucky one?

No, I also moved and with me a lot of others. Think 2 hrs is going to be it. When I was on 4 I wanted 2. Now that I am on 2 I do not like it. 4 was easier to schedule.

DeletedUser96901

it would make much more sense to have 5 or 10 minutes time for the auction and then 2.5 hours waiting time

a player only joins an auction when he opens it
so he is at that moment playing and could try buy it or not

now you join an auction but must be there almost 2 hours later
there is no sense in waiting. because players who comes 1 hour later are in a different auction
only players who open the auction at the beginning will be in that auction

so who think waiting 2 hours instead of a few minutes was a good idea?

btw my auction today:
1 hour 59 minutes 30 seconds no action
and then the last "30 seconds" were at least 10 minutes

The problem with 4hr was when it was something rubbish you had to wait ages for the next one which would invariably be rubbish, at least with 2hr cycles you get though them quicker so there is more chance for something that you'd like to come around.

it would make much more sense to have 5 or 10 minutes time for the auction and then 2.5 hours waiting time

10 minute flash auctions would be interesting

DeletedUser115071

I deleted almost all my buildings in the inventory 3 days before announcement, ask me anything.
Had 20 pages of things and wasn't organized at all and I started deleting everything