• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Antiques Dealer

- Ellie -

Sergeant
I'm still living in hope they put up an eternal tree of love, you know, the huge one and a speakers corner maybe, what on earth so i want with a boost crate for, they're awful things like those mad 5 minute rush things, i'm selling them all back lol

DeletedUser653

I'm still living in hope they put up an eternal tree of love, you know, the huge one and a speakers corner maybe, what on earth so i want with a boost crate for, they're awful things like those mad 5 minute rush things, i'm selling them all back lol
some of the rush ones are very useful for quests so have a look and perhaps keep the really good ones

Agent327

Overlord
so that wins the prize for the most throwaway post with not a single bit if logic behind it (spam?)

Not a single bit of logic????

It is full of logic. Game functions well except for one bit of it. One bit they just do not seem to get right. What would be the easiest solution to change this?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
so that wins the prize for the most throwaway post with not a single bit if logic behind it (spam?)
For the foreseeable future, GvG isn't going anywhere - hell, Inno have even started to put some very visible effort into actually fixing some the many issues with it!

Long term? GvG *might* go away IF the upcoming new Guild Battle Grounds becomes a raging success...
But even if that happens, Inno might just go back to leaving the GvG there as an option for those who enjoy it, and again just avoid putting anymore resources into it.

If this is how the Antiques Dealer is going to be operating for the foreseeable future I would very much like a buyback option added for the auction house sooner rather than later. Even if it would cost me 2x or 4x the original price it was sold for or even diamonds to get back a rare item I accidentally sold I would rejoice because now I just lost the final piece to an event item I had already earned. An item which will not show up for another 11 months or so...My 7th Crow's Nest upgrade in Cirgard. I had been saving it for later because I'm advancing ages and didn't want to spend an extra Renovation Kit. The fault is mainly on me for not noticing I picked the Crow's Nest upgrade instead of the Altar Garden upgrade I had leftover sitting right next to it.

I may not have played here for a long time relative to how old the game is. But even I can see that the auction house is a huge game changer to this game that has existed for over 7 years now without any such prior function. So much so that I am honestly surprised there was no buy back option to speak of at all, especially in these modern gaming times.

To anyone that has played an RPG game ever, accidentally selling one of your most valuable items by mistake to a shop without a buyback option is seriously heart wrenching. Would save yourselves some trouble by fixing something that will keep coming back forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
If this is how the Antiques Dealer is going to be operating for the foreseeable future I would very much like a buyback option added for the auction house sooner rather than later. Even if it would cost me 2x or 4x the original price it was sold for or even diamonds to get back a rare item I accidentally sold I would rejoice because now I just lost the final piece to an event item I had already earned. An item which will not show up for another 11 months or so...My 7th Crow's Nest upgrade in Cirgard. I had been saving it for later because I'm advancing ages and didn't want to spend an extra Renovation Kit. The fault is mainly on me for not noticing I picked the Crow's Nest upgrade instead of the Altar Garden upgrade I had leftover sitting right next to it.

I may not have played here for a long time relative to how old the game is. But even I can see that the auction house is a huge game changer to this game that has existed for over 7 years now without any such prior function. So much so that I am honestly surprised there was no buy back option to speak of at all, especially in these modern gaming times.

To anyone that has played an RPG game ever, accidentally selling one of your most valuable items by mistake to a shop without a buyback option is seriously heart wrenching. And seeing as how you already have an unwritten 24 hour return policy(Which I found out after calling support too late) I am most definitely not the first person to have done this nor will I be the last one. Would save yourselves some trouble by fixing something that will keep coming back forever.

You first have to select the item. If you do that by mistake, you can remove it again. Next you can select the time. You don't have to, but it is the second thing you have to pay attention to. If you do not select a time it will automatically be on a 2 hour sale. That means you have at least 2 hours to cancel the sale. More if you have set a longer period. Last action is you actually have to click the sale button. If you can make that much mistakes you should not have the right to buy anything back.

You first have to select the item. If you do that by mistake, you can remove it again. Next you can select the time. You don't have to, but it is the second thing you have to pay attention to. If you do not select a time it will automatically be on a 2 hour sale. That means you have at least 2 hours to cancel the sale. More if you have set a longer period. Last action is you actually have to click the sale button. If you can make that much mistakes you should not have the right to buy anything back.

I'm not gonna deny being a stupid idiot who deserves crap talking because I definitely fit the bill in this situation. I apologize for not having time to check everything all the time especially as I intended to sell an Altar Garden Upgrade Kit, god forbid somehow accidentally clicked the somewhat similar looking Crow's Nest Upgrade Kit right next to it(like the stupid idiot I am), and saw that there was indeed an upgrade kit going up for sale like I intended, chose the time and clicked off once it started and not looking there again until it had completed at which time I instantly claimed the coins and gems.

I'm trying to suggest something that will legit help not only stupid idiots like me but players who genuinely don't know any better, for a chance to them(but mainly stupid idiots like me) to get back the very valuable item we somehow managed to sell by accident, without having to feel like a giant stupid idiot asking for a way to get it back. If you can't realize why accidents are called accidents and instead insult the person who had an accident then you really are a total...

You didn't even address why my suggestion would be bad, you outright called me an idiot for making a mistake and that I don't deserve a second chance for being so utterly stupid.

I came here frustrated. To seek a solution for a problem that exists, however small it may be. So that there wouldn't be a problem were it to happen again.

Agent327

Overlord
What makes you think there is a problem? Selling or buying things is straight forward. There is no do over. If you do not pay attention you might get burned. If Inno would have to built an alternative for every possible mistake players can make, this game would become to big for the app. Take responsibility for what you do and do not ask others to prevent you from doing it again.

DeletedUser112017

Did anyone notice that some people always get 4hrs auctions, where some always get 2hrs?

Is there a reason for it?

DeletedUser96901

Did anyone notice that some people always get 4hrs auctions, where some always get 2hrs?

Is there a reason for it?
it is an A/B test from InnoGames

they are testing which interval is better

DeletedUser113125

I had a lot of fun on an auction where 3 people were adding 1-10 coins each bid in the final 30 seconds. Longest 30 seconds ever.

Giskler

Legend

To anyone that has played an RPG game ever, accidentally selling one of your most valuable items by mistake to a shop without a buyback option is seriously heart wrenching. Would save yourselves some trouble by fixing something that will keep coming back forever.
Try to contact support. I picked the wrong final altar upgrade once and support switched it for the one I wanted. They do help you when you make legitimate mistakes like these.

Got ripped off on an auction tonight when the bid didn't update until 2 seconds to go :(

Someone else got some good stuff really cheap :(