• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Antiques Dealer

Yesterday I watched one auction, two players out bidding each other by 1 coin last 30 seconds constantly resetting the timer.
I think it lasted for good half an hour, not sure as I left to have a dinner and it was done only when I returned.
They really need to either set the minimal amount of coins you can raise the bid, for example 500, or limit the number of bids you can place, 10 bids per player in each auction.

DeletedUser96901

how about
every bid in the last 30 seconds cost one gem
before that no gems.

so people would increase before the last 30 seconds or they will run out of gems during the raise war in the never ending last 30 seconds

Agent327

Overlord
Both suggestions are totally stupid.

It is an auction. You are allowed to bid what you want and there should not be any extra costs to bid.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
"Antique Stealer" is true!
Many players wanted to count to 5 and steal the Chery Garden Kit yesterday
(don't ask me how did I know)
but Surprise! Another 30 seconds countdown is added with each "last-second" bit. :)

-------
OK, now I realize it is old news.
Well, the stealing stopped when finally someone bid 7,500 trade coins
So, 7.5k for a Chery Kit (should be new info) -- super cheap I think.
I stopped there because I had only 6k coins.

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Yesterday I watched one auction, two players out bidding each other by 1 coin last 30 seconds constantly resetting the timer.
I think it lasted for good half an hour, not sure as I left to have a dinner and it was done only when I returned.
They really need to either set the minimal amount of coins you can raise the bid, for example 500, or limit the number of bids you can place, 10 bids per player in each auction.

I think nothing should change and this is the exact desirable effect.
They can keep on out bitting each other by 1 coin alternatively for a day if they want -- it'll be a test of endurance.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
A minimum bid increase isn't entirely a bad idea. Though rather then 500 I'd suggest anything between 5-50 would make a reasonable minimum increase. The idea would be to speed it along to its natural conclusion, not be so high to eliminate a player from the running well below what they can afford or create a burden if that increase gets them the item

Giskler

Legend
For everyone curious about the result:

mUGAC22.png

I wore all my opponents down with 1 coin outbids :D

DeletedUser

A minimum bid increase isn't entirely a bad idea. Though rather then 500 I'd suggest anything between 5-50 would make a reasonable minimum increase. The idea would be to speed it along to its natural conclusion, not be so high to eliminate a player from the running well below what they can afford or create a burden if that increase gets them the item

Leave it the Hell alone... Change for change sake!? You don't get paid to postulate nonsense; we have the "Ignored Member" for that.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Outbidding one another by 1 at a time, for all eternity
is fun, but I wouldn't execute the act myself

when I saw a Magnum Opus in the morning
I threw in all I have (12,760 coins), which... excluded some possibilities...

DeletedUser

Lol, confirmed. It's only time after all and that never runs out. I do believe it's fine "as-is" and it will grow on us. Too many Posters moan about everything, seemingly simply because they can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
I love increasing the bid by 1 coin and watching others get frustrated and start adding 100s and then 1000s to the bid :lol:

You may only add 1 to the bid, but you are still going with it, so when others stop you still pay full price. Do it to me and I let you hang at say 60.001. Who is having fun then? :lol:

Emberguard

Legend
Lol, confirmed. It's only time after all and that never runs out. I do believe it's fine "as-is" and it will grow on us. Too many Posters moan about everything, seemingly simply because they can.
Well.... I’m not immortal as far as I’m aware, and I still need sleep even if “time” doesn’t :lol:

well I haven't lost out yet :D and I really only do it on something I'm vaguely interested in. Still haven't won anything :(
Sounds like you'd both have fun if you were in the same auction :D Meanwhile some other player comes along and is like "60k? Bargain! Quick, another 2k to ensure the deal!" :D